collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Italian Trickles Variant?  (Read 3001 times)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: Italian Trickles Variant?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2021, 11:35:29 PM »
Spoiler

If you open her you'll see how the tail and mane were secured. Here you can see how an original Italy tail looks like: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,398994.msg1819791.html#msg1819791. I don't know what technique the factory in Italy used to secure the mane as I've never opened an Italy pony so far and the ponies I had re-haired came back to me re-glued, but I'm sure there are several people on here who can elaborate on this.

So many years of collecting and I didn't know about this fact  :blink:

So...Somebody suggested to "squish" her butt and tell what I feel, so I did (Sorry, Trickles  :lol: ) There's something hard where her tail goes into the body. It's about 1 cm long and if I press real hard (I had to use a clamp tool for some of the photos or it wouldn't show) the shape / outline is visible. I held her against a lamp to make it visible for everyone. I also took many more photos from different angles, also very clear closeups from all sides. She really looks genuine to me. No harm on the neck seam at all.

Here's one of the pics (more here on the bottom: https://www.flickr.com/gp/105219357@N03/ypZReW
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This type of tail clamp is typically Italian.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Baby_Honey

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+164)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 10:38:34 PM »
One of a kind ponies are tricky, you either believe them to be real or have doubts about their authenticity. They will always be a mystery until either another turns up or we get insider information.

I am so glad you enjoyed the nirvana gallery :cheer: I have spent since 2006 collecting information and pictures for the gallery ^.^ It has been my "lockdown project" to create a nirvana gallery website, as the original nirvana gallery that was hosted here had to be removed due to corrupted data :(

Love pkw xxx

Thank you so much once again! Your input really means alot to me. I haven't been actively collecting for years and so much has changed with so many more info about Nirvana Ponies. I'm happy to have this place here where I can find everything without doing the research myself. It's a valuable forum :lovey:

Given the circumstances, I strongly believe my Trickles is real. I will keepher in my collection and see if another pops up someday  ^.^

TBH, I kind of twitched at the suggestion to take off her head to check; I definitely would NOT do that xD. If there's no sign of tampering then you'd be vandalising a variation whose authenticity would, as you mentioned, be impossible to prove thereafter.

The seal on the neck looks pretty authentic to me...so does the way the hair lies for an italian pony.

Posey and Trickles are normally a shade or so apart in body tone so aside a reroot and tail replacement, which seems unlikely given her history and the state of the pony...it's probably as PKW says.

Definitely a pony to keep on ice till more is known. There have been other ponies suspected as fakes or customs which have later proven to be real (and vice versa of course).

Thanks  for your input aswell, I think the same. The neck sits bomb-safe. I don't see a scratch and a child wouldn't do that. Given the fact, that this is a childhood collection, I believe she's simply a factory error. I wouldn't even know how to open her. I never had to do this before.

This is why I still love the forum the most. You can discuss and show things much better than on any social media and it's always kind conversation.  :hug:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2021, 09:14:31 AM »
Given the history of this pony & the condition of the others from their childhood owner, I would strongly believe she is a true variant and/or factory error. It may be impossible to ever have a definite answer that everyone will agree on due to all the factors already mentioned.

TBH, I kind of twitched at the suggestion to take off her head to check; I definitely would NOT do that xD. If there's no sign of tampering then you'd be vandalising a variation whose authenticity would, as you mentioned, be impossible to prove thereafter.

I agree with this 110%.  ^.^

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2021, 01:16:16 PM »
I agree to leaving her intact as well :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal