Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

Italian Trickles Variant?

(1/4) > >>

Baby_Honey:
Hello Everyone  :)

It's been a while since I posted here on the forum, but I hope it's okay to ask for suggestions in this matter anyway. Apologies for the super long text in advance  :blush:

I found a pink haired Trickles in a childhood collection and would like to hear opinions if she's for real. Here is a photo (and many more in my album here) --->
https://www.flickr.com/gp/105219357@N03/7x14P5

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's a little background Info:
I recently acquired a great My Little Pony Lot from a private person for a steal.Said person is not a collector and has no clue of prices or that people collect them. I got a whole collection including a box full of Italian Ponies. I live in germany so this isn't rare. Italian Ponies have been regular releases here.

The seller said they found their childhood Ponies in the basement of her parents house when they had to empty everything due to the house getting sold. All of these Ponies spent the past 30+ years in the basement untouched.

There was the Italian dream castle that came with it's original box and instruction too (And Re Unicornio). I talked to the person who I bought this lot from and they said they were on summer vacation in Italy during the 80's quiet often and their dad always bought Ponies for them during their stay.

The Ponies are all in a very good condition for Italian Ponies, some have a few plugs of hair missing or rough hair ends but overall they only needed a quick wipe down. I didn't dare to wash them because I don't want to ruin the original curls or risk to get water inside of them. There's also alot of accessories left for the castle aswell as brushes, ribbons and alot of Italian puffy stickers on original backing.

When I went through them, I noticed a Trickles with pink hair instead of rainbow hair. Now my question:

Is she real? I can't believe that such a tidy kid who managed to keep all these things together would manipulate a Pony like that! It makes no sense snyway since there also was a Posey in the lot and a rainbow haired Trickles aswell. I checked all of them and all heads sit firmly on the bodies. No sign that they ever have been opened or swapped around. I took a few comparison photos with all three (Posey, Trickles & pink haired Trickles) to see if I can detect anything that helps. Here is what I noticed:

1) Posey is the slightest bit brighter yellow in color than both of the Trickles (see pic with & without flash, I hope it shows)

2) My Posey is bigger and softer while the other two are more hardened plastic yet still "soft" of some degree

3) The pink hair on Posey is not the same as the Trickles pink. Sadly it doesn't show on my photos and it's only very minor

4) Posey is stamped "Pat. Pend." While both of the Trickles only say "84 Hasbro"

5) Both Trickles are the exact same height, Posey is bigger in comparison.

Is there any way to get an answer to this mystery? I asked over on Instagram aswell and people suspect that the kid could have swapped heads or tails but I really doubt it. She looks factory made.

I do not want to sell her, I only want to know if a special gem found it's way in my collection.  :lovey:

Thank you very much for reading and willing to solve this case :)

brightberry:
I would guess a head and tail swap is a possibility.  Does her head turn at all?  Other than that, I have no idea.  This is not my area.  She’s really cute.

Barnacle_lady:
Congratulations with your find.

This reminds me of another Trickles topic but that was about an HK version with green eyes but also with pink hair. And that one looked like she had been dyed. Maybe a closer look at the plugs?

Baby_Honey:

--- Quote from: Barnacle_lady on July 14, 2021, 12:31:24 AM ---Congratulations with your find.

This reminds me of another Trickles topic but that was about an HK version with green eyes but also with pink hair. And that one looked like she had been dyed. Maybe a closer look at the plugs?

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I was quiet excited to find that lot. She doesn't look dyed at all. it seems her original hair color. See the two curly Lickety Split on my pic? This child took good care of their Ponies :)

IceCrystal02:
Aww, the group looks just like (part of) my childhood collection, I had exactly the same ponies and the Dream Castle (all Italians except Majesty) and I still have about half of them.  :inlove:

It's difficult to tell from the photos, but to me her neck looks unopened. My Italy Trickles was partially rehaired by someone, so while you can't see a cut at all on her left side, you can tell she was opened from the other side. So while it's possible that she was very neatly resealed after the rehair job, she could also have got Posey's hair instead of Trickles' at the factory I suppose. 

If you opened her, you would know for sure but then if she turns out to be genuine she wouldn't exactly be in original condition any more. Difficult decision!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version