collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help pricing crafts?  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Help pricing crafts?
« on: July 06, 2021, 10:40:14 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have some things I'm going to be selling at a craft fair.  I want to know if my prices are reasonable.

I have some Unicorns that I've painted.  They are resin, painted with acrylics.  I'm thinking of asking $15.  They look like this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I was thinking $20 for the banks that I've painted. An example:

And some pin art.  I was thinking of pricing based on $5/pin + $10 for the canvas.  So if it has 4 pins it will be $30, 8 pins would be $50.

Do you guys think my prices are reasonable?  Too high?  Too low?  Help is greatly appreciated.  :)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Help pricing crafts?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 11:10:39 AM »
How much did your materials cost? How long did it take to make them?

I think you could go a bit higher on the unicorn depending on how large she is!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help pricing crafts?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 01:20:18 PM »
I tend to buy supplies when they're on sale.  The unicorns were bought from Christmas clearance, for example.  So I'm definitely making my money back if they sell for these prices.  The pin arts make the least amount of profit due to the price of the pins but I bought most of those when i was working at WDW so I got a discount on them and a bunch of them I picked up at the outlet store, so also on sale, and then traded those cheaper pins for the pins I wanted for the pictures I was making.  Most Disney pins sell new in the parks for $7 anymore.  But I have a ton of pins that I bought years ago for cheaper than that so I don't feel bad or like I'm losing money for selling them for that price. 

I know that factoring in time is considered important for most crafters but I bought things to paint because I wanted to paint them and now that I've done it, I don't have any desire/space to keep them so I'm moving them along to make room for other things I want to create.  I have some smaller vinyl things that I've painted that are going to go out for $5 just because I don't want to keep them around anymore so I don't care if I make a profit on them. 

I just want to make sure that I'm not pricing myself out of potential sales.   Though, since I create what I feel like creating, there may not be a market for them anyway if nobody else likes them.  :shrug:  If that's the case, maybe I'll have to hold onto them until the right sales opportunity comes along.

ETA: the unicorns are all inspired by G1 MLP unicorns so if any collectors come by they might recognize some of them.  When I finish the ones I'm working on now I'll try to remember to post pics.  They've been really fun to do and I'm a little bummed this company hasn't made full body unicorns or pegasi for me to do.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 01:27:30 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal