Pony Talk > Off Topic

What musical instruments do you play?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Baby Crumpet:
Oh, god, this is a fun question!

I played Violin all through secondary school; I picked it up again before I left for university, but it ended up getting stuck at my parents house, so I don't have a violin anymore. Which is a shame, I did really enjoy it!

I also self-taught Bass guitar. I still have that, and before the pandemic hit I was in a band society at university, and performed a few times, which was fun - I hope to get back into it soon! Currently I'm not in the same home as my bass, so I'm having to wait (not very) patiently lol

As part of Music GCSE I did keyboard/piano as my coursework.

I also can play a couple of songs on Guitar/Ukelele, I know passably how to use drums and a harmonica. I would really love to actually learn drums, Guitar, Ukelele - and maybe banjo.

I love music!!

MoonstoneMew:
I play cello :) Started in 6th grade at my school. I was originally in line at orientation to join the band, I wanted to play the flute. While waiting in line though my impatient dad noticed that there was no line for the orchestra, so we switched over... and here we are XD So glad that it worked out that way though, cello was a perfect fit. I simply wouldn't be the same person otherwise.

--- Quote from: Harmonie on July 04, 2021, 08:51:04 AM ---I've played quite a few instruments throughout the years. The oboe and the bassoon are my main instruments, though. =) I'm so proud to play instruments from both major double reed families.  :frolic:

--- End quote ---
Love listening to these parts in symphonies

LadyAmalthea:
Took piano lessons for 7 years as a child and hated it. I never properly learned to read music and played by ear only, as I never had a great grasp on musical theory, and I never really got on well with my teacher.

My mom put me in a violin class in 6th grade, which I loved. We learned the first 2 notes of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in the first lesson, and I went home and picked out how to play the whole song. I thought my teacher would be proud the next week, but she yelled at me and said it wasn't fair to the rest of the class and I had to go at her pace, so I got bored. I eventually got kicked out of the class for beating up the teacher's pet with my bow after she bullied my sister and put gum in her hair. So that ended my future career as a violinist.

I took drum lessons for 4 years. I can still play a little.

I bought an electric guitar in my early 20's and bought about a million books to try to teach myself to read tab. I figured out a bunch of chords and a little bit of finger-picking, and hoped my piano experience would translate over, but it really didn't. I still have the guitar, and hope I learn to play better someday.

My husband bought me a violin for my birthday in 2014 after hearing my story of how I really felt like it was a missed opportunity when I was a kid. I tried a few YouTube tutorials, and hoped to take lessons, but within the year we had our first baby, and then...well, you can imagine how life goes.

I picked up the piano again a couple years ago when my twin girls were in the NICU; we had a music therapist come in and she brought me a keyboard to keep in our room (we were there for almost 4 months) so I could play for my babies. She taught me some basic chords and printed out music in tab-style, and suddenly I was playing like I had been doing it for years! Turns out my self-taught guitar skills actually helped me relearn the piano more than my years of lessons did! My husband bought me a keyboard as a NICU 'graduation' present.

nessa16:
Tenor saxophone. Started in 5th grade. I only play occasionally now out of solo books I have. I would like to get back into it more, but have trouble finding the time and motivation for it. My “muscles” are rusty which causes squeaking, ao I probably need a lower numbered reed. I can also play recorder. The fingerings are similar to the saxophone.

ponyprincess2021:
I only learned how to play piano. I only know a few songs but it’s still fun just to play it. When I was in 5th grade I wanted to learn violin. But I hated learning slowly and reading notes because I never remembered any of them and never really payed attention. So I quit because I didn’t like the teacher or learning it. The only reason I learned to play piano is because I owned one for so long so I thought I should actually learn how to play it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version