Pony Talk > Pony Corral

NEW IDW has announced G5 comics

<< < (2/45) > >>

Leave a Whisper:
Why are they including these ponies, instead of the ones from the movie? (Idk if the volcano witches were featured in the original comics or not, sorry in advance.) The art style is cute, I'll give em that much. Looks a bit like Tales though for some reason. I almost thought that was Melody for a moment.

ridi:
The art of the G1 ponies is very cute and I'm always excited to see new media featuring them but... as I am not a fan of the G4 cast, I would have liked them to stay far, far away from G1! I don't have high hopes for how the G1 characters will be portrayed. I really hope they won't give them the personalities Faust assigned them and I'm kind of bothered they chose those 6 ponies in the first place as they didn't exactly have much personality in the cartoon (aside from Surprise).

bladed:

--- Quote from: Leave a Whisper on June 21, 2021, 09:36:06 AM ---Why are they including these ponies, instead of the ones from the movie? (Idk if the volcano witches were featured in the original comics or not, sorry in advance.) The art style is cute, I'll give em that much. Looks a bit like Tales though for some reason. I almost thought that was Melody for a moment.

--- End quote ---
keep in mind that you're only seeing the cover lol, maybe there'll be more inside. it's a bit early to jump on the negativity.
i don't really have an issue with the gen 1 "predecessors" being a thing like some people seem to, it was just laurens preference after all. can't be helped if it leads to misunderstandings from people who dont do research. the comics are usually decent (at least the ones i've read) so we'll see how it goes.

on a positive note, the third cover with the two twilights is adorable :)

--- Quote from: MJNSEIFER on June 21, 2021, 08:33:43 AM ---I'm positive about this - for one thing it seems to be by someone who grew up with G1 (unless I misread that part) so it's not like they're just throwing in G1s because they think that's what people would want, and they'll at least be trying to be faithful and/or respectful.

I know not everyone here likes the Concept Six being treated as the G1 "Mane Cast", because they weren't - they're just what Lauren would have used, but it kind of makes sense to use them if this is the end of the G4 comic, because, they're basically the G1 ponies that led up to the creation of the Mane Six, so... they've basically gone full circle, or something...?  I dunno, I think it's kind of beautiful.   :lovey:

I also find it a nice touch that they appear to be using Sparkler and Glory (unless I'm misunderstanding the left picture) - Sparkler is the official "Concept Rarity" (i.e. the pony Lauren would have used if she could have used the G1s), but she also got Rarity's design from Glory, so she kind of part of this as well... the unofficial "Concept Seventh" if you like, so if that's what they're doing.

--- End quote ---
i feel like they wont include both because it'd be unbalanced, it might just be miscommunications from the artists? i'll be pleasantly surprised if they do.

also, anyone else hope that they include other gen references in here too?

Snapdragon:
Ohhhh gosh!! Those covers are gorgeous, I hope the story is fun too!! I haven't kept up with the MLP comics very well, after I bought the first five or so! :blush: I guess I need to get back into it!

SpacePinto:
I have bad feelings about that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version