collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: looking for advice on selling sylvanian families/calico critters  (Read 1143 times)

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
hi all, i've recently been on a loft expedition and recovered a couple of boxes of sylvanian families toys. i've been planning on selling the playsets by themselves (though figuring out prices is another matter entirely especially since there are a couple of large missing parts :() and was looking for advice on what to do with the other misc parts.
i have a few complete families, but i have a few incomplete or not sure where they came from (i think they're standalone sets that i no longer have accessories for?) and i was wondering if combining them by animal type is a good idea even if they're not the same family?
i also have a lot of misc accessories and i was thinking of dumping all of them in one lot because there's just too many small pieces.
and just to be cheeky and ask one more question, any advice on cleaning? the playsets should be fine with just some scrubbing but what about the animals? im not sure how to clean flocking (and their clothes)

i know there are a few fans here (hopefully this is the right subforum) so any advice would be appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:18:56 PM by bladed »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The-Extravagant-Pony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: looking for advice on selling sylvanian families/calico critters
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 06:50:09 PM »
hi all, i've recently been on a loft expedition and recovered a couple of boxes of sylvanian families toys. i've been planning on selling the playsets by themselves (though figuring out prices is another matter entirely especially since there are a couple of large missing parts :() and was looking for advice on what to do with the other misc parts.
i have a few complete families, but i have a few incomplete or not sure where they came from (i think they're standalone sets that i no longer have accessories for?) and i was wondering if combining them by animal type is a good idea even if they're not the same family?
i also have a lot of misc accessories and i was thinking of dumping all of them in one lot because there's just too many small pieces.
and just to be cheeky and ask one more question, any advice on cleaning? the playsets should be fine with just some scrubbing but what about the animals? im not sure how to clean flocking (and their clothes)

i know there are a few fans here (hopefully this is the right subforum) so any advice would be appreciated  :)

Are you in the USA? How much are you asking? Ty

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
Re: looking for advice on selling sylvanian families/calico critters
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 01:23:14 AM »
Are you in the USA? How much are you asking? Ty
i'm in the UK and i don't really have an idea for prices yet because i want to clean them up as best i can, because the only thing i've done so far is made sure theres no rust or corrosion in the battery compartments of the pieces with batteries.
if you're interested despite that i can probably ship the smaller playsets and misc animals to the USA but definitely not the large ones (house, school, boat, windmill) though i was planning to put them on ebay with UK buying only, regardless of set
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 01:28:29 AM by bladed »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal