collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Reproduction head wear for brother ponies?  (Read 2001 times)

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
Reproduction head wear for brother ponies?
« on: June 16, 2021, 01:10:12 PM »
Hi all,

I've just picked up Wig Wag (in a pretty bad state), and I want to start restoring him. I've found some sellers on ebay that make some of the hats, but do you all know of anyone who does the head dress for wigwam, or maybe even the set of hats?

Thanks for you help.

Emily

Post Merge: June 17, 2021, 07:06:13 AM

OMG, Wig WAM obviously! I was tired when I wrote this!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 07:06:13 AM by eistewart »
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Reproduction head wear for brother ponies?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 10:08:03 AM »
I don't know of anyone making production hats personally (aside from HQG1C's cowboy hat, which is very fun!), but I wanted to comment that I got a good chuckle out of Wig Wag! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline ScotchHop

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »
Haha, woops!

Actually I found someone making repro Salty and Steamer hats, but WigWam's head dress I guess is a whole other kettle of fish!
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 12:06:30 PM »
Wig Wag  :lmao: :haha: :haha:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »
Haha, woops!

Actually I found someone making repro Salty and Steamer hats, but WigWam's head dress I guess is a whole other kettle of fish!

Oh that's very cool!! :D I'll have to look for those, I'm STILL searching fruitlessly for a Salty hat! :/

I did make a warbonnet for Wig Wag (:lmao: ) when I made a cross-generational custom of him, it's not super difficult to replicate if you wanted to make yourself one! I used thin yellow craft foam, and there's photos of Wig Wag's hat laid flat on the MLP wiki, I think? You could probably print one out to make a pattern if you were really inspired!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline ScotchHop

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 11:34:57 PM »
Here's the listing for the salty hat https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284228756391?hash=item422d5aa3a7:g:DPwAAOSw2m1gU8gV The seller has had other types of hats up as well, so i'm sure you could contact them via ebay.

That's a good idea about trying to make my own. I may well try that. I've got a queue of pony's for smaller restoration jobs though, so I think that may be a longer term vision!
Currently seeking G1s;

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 02:02:57 AM »
Cheers so much for this!!! The seller also has repro trucker/4-Speed hats & I've been looking for those!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 04:21:03 AM »
Well, I added Steamer's hat to my watch list, but it'll probably be a while yet before that listing does me any good.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 07:28:26 AM »
I just got two of the hats!!! The baseball cap & the hardhat. Both fit nicely onto the G1s' heads. I may get the Tracks hat in different colours for other Custom Boys in my collection.

They have other things too & I got a blue guitar & a pink Pony roll-along toy. Think I'll be getting more of those too in different colours
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline ScotchHop

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 05:25:09 AM »
I just got two of the hats!!! The baseball cap & the hardhat. Both fit nicely onto the G1s' heads. I may get the Tracks hat in different colours for other Custom Boys in my collection.

They have other things too & I got a blue guitar & a pink Pony roll-along toy. Think I'll be getting more of those too in different colours

Oh fantastic!

You would think with 3D printers being more and more commonplace that we might start to get a good proliferation of quality repros.

Might be a while until a wig wam headdress appears though!  :cloud:
Currently seeking G1s;

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2021, 08:18:02 AM »

Oh fantastic!

You would think with 3D printers being more and more commonplace that we might start to get a good proliferation of quality repros.

Might be a while until a wig wam headdress appears though!  :cloud:
Yeah... anything that has to be bendy like that isn't so good for 3D printing; the printers use stiff resin.
You could probably make a lower-grade replica by printing one of the laid-out photos (or a scan of the headdress laid out), mounting it to cardstock, and cutting it out. Wouldn't be the greatest quality, but it would at least provide the look in the meantime.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal