collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Have you?

I love rollercoasters! Whee!
12 (36.4%)
Yes
15 (45.5%)
No
2 (6.1%)
You couldn't pay me to get on one.
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Have you ever ridden a rollercoaster?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Have you ever ridden a rollercoaster?
« on: June 15, 2021, 09:59:29 AM »
My friend doesn't believe I've never rode on a rollercoaster. Unless you count the little dragon coaster for kids that goes in a circle - pretty sure I rode that one. Even before I had chronic vertigo I wouldn't get on a coaster. At one time I was willing to ride a wooden coaster or one of those mine cart ones, as long as it didn't go upside down and had a regular sit down, strap in, car. Now though I wouldn't even get on one of those.

I also have a friend whose favorite thing is rollercoasters. He travels the county riding them! >_< His dream is to ride the famous coasters of the world. (and in school he was such a shy and quiet boy...)

I'm also not big on waterslides or giant slides with the bumps. I'm not afraid of heights exactly, but the feeling of being out of control and the thought that my brain would be doing flips and make me insanely dizzy.

What about you? Been on one? Love them? Hate them? Indifferent?

What's the craziest coaster you've been on?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Have you ever ridden a rollercoaster?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 10:51:39 AM »
I haven't been on a rollercoaster since 2005 sadly but I love them. When I was a kid the only rollercoasters I'd ride were the Scooby Zoom kiddie coaster, the Beastie which was a bigger wooden roller coaster but still in the kids' area (It was a smaller version of the Beast) and the Racer at King's Island but heck no to the side of the Racer that had you going backwards. Used to be terrified of bigger ones than that but when I was 12, I went on a school trip to Kentucky Kingdom and my group wanted to go on /all/ the rollercoasters including the record breaking one at the time, Chang, and I went on them too even though I was scared because I would've been left behind otherwise. That broke my fear though and have loved them ever since.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 11:20:32 AM »
Reminds me that I swear I heard some people claim that the kiddie coasters that have a wire at the top aren't actually roller coasters because they aren't powered by gravity!

I love roller coasters! I used to be terrified of them but I'm glad I went on them at all, they're quite fun. I don't care much for inversions, but I love large hills and lots of speed.

I'd say Verbolten was pretty wild and probably one of my favorite coasters I've been on. My favorite is Nitro at Six Flags, and I'm excited to try the new coasters at Universal Orlando this summer!

The one coaster I'm not a huge fan of is El Toro. I know that's a lot of folks' favorite coaster, but it was too rocky for me, I guess I'm a steel coaster fan. I've not been on Kingda Ka despite living quite close to it, it just doesn't seem worth the long wait time.

Waterslides are more spooky to me because I'm not in a vehicle and it's just my body.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 12:14:01 PM »
Used to go a lot when I was younger & lived close enough to them or got to them on holidays. Now, well, I'm stuck in a small village & travelling fairgrounds never bring rollercoasters...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »
I love the sensation of being flung through the air and will always ALWAYS rollercoaster when offered. 😁

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 04:31:03 PM »
UGH just awful. 

I used to love them as a kid but then one day.... I started getting motion sickness and now I can't even WATCH the rollercoaster or I will vomit.  I have terrible vertigo
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 06:51:56 PM »
As a child I used to like to ride on this kid's roller coaster, which was really tame. Like very tame. Like it can hardly even be called a roller coaster.  :lol:

That was the only one I have ever rode, and I don't plan on riding any others.

|My Collection|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »
I never was a big rollercoaster person although I rode the kiddie roller coaster and the Mad Mouse at the local amusement park.  One year at the fair I rode a slightly bigger coaster and the girl they put in the same car screamed the whole time.  When the ride ended my mom asked me if I had been scared and the one screaming and I told her that I wasn't afraid because the track was just like the kiddie coaster I usually rode only a little bigger. 

I'm terrified of roller coasters that are huge, turn you upside down or have the big loops where you go upside down.

My favorite ride used to be the Himalaya ride but a couple of years ago I tried to ride one at the fair and got motion sick as soon as the ride started.  I never had trouble with getting sick on rides  before.  I haven't rode an amusement park/fair ride since then.  I'm hoping it was a one time thing as there are a few rides I'd love to ride at Disney World.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 08:20:36 PM »
Yeah, I used to love the Scrambler (big three claw thingy), Avalanche (hanging cars that go up and down hills in a circle) and Gravitron (spaceship looking thingy with a floor that drops) whenever I went to an amusement park or fair. Today I'd be afraid my vertigo would make them hell for me though. Psh, a carousel might be too much for me :(

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 09:10:31 PM »
I've been on exactly one. The fairgrounds for the biggest state fair in my state is in my city, and I've been on its wooden roller coaster... three times I think? They do have two (?) other coasters but I have not been on them. I enjoy the wooden one fine enough but because it is wooden, it can feel bit rough. Perhaps next time I'll try out one of the steel ones instead, I think they'd feel smoother and less janky. I do enjoy the sensation of the wind blowing through my hair when on roller coasters or other rides, it's nice. :)

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 09:24:24 PM »
My motion sickness is too bad for me to handle them.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2021, 09:29:47 PM »
I love rollercoasters but the largest ones I've been on are in Queensland.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2021, 11:05:44 PM »
Never, unless you count those little tame ones for kids. I don't think I would enjoy the sensation.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2021, 11:46:17 PM »
 :X unfortunately these big rides don't agree with my stomach... I've tried them a few times but no fun.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 12:23:06 AM »
I watch them on Youtube, the ridiculous ones.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal