collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: poor gen 2 ponies  (Read 1188 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
poor gen 2 ponies
« on: June 13, 2021, 12:54:28 PM »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: poor gen 2 ponies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 02:27:42 PM »
The one with the rainbow at least has some artistic intent. Meh. Obviously done by a child. I get more upset when adults think they can customize and make something horrible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 03:58:12 PM »
The one with the rainbow at least has some artistic intent. Meh. Obviously done by a child. I get more upset when adults think they can customize and make something horrible.

Because the only people who are allowed to attempt something are the next Van Gogh right?

I'm sure even the most celebrated customizers had to work on their craft and made mistakes along the way before they learned to create the amazing works of art you see today.

Even famous artistic people started off by playing sour notes,  and drew nonsensical scribbles, and wrote flawed stories. They didn't automatically create amazing works, the first or third or tenth time.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 04:20:26 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 05:04:17 PM »
Yeah but they practiced on cheap stuff first. You don't buy a canvas and frame when you're just learning to paint.

Besides, I said adults that think they can customize. Not people actually trying to learn, but think they already know everything and make crap anyway. You can't give them advice because they think they don't need it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 01:34:07 AM »
Are these ponies for sale somewhere? Because they really look like candidates for Shaz's Home for Rescue Ponies....

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 08:49:17 AM »
It reminds me of a carbootsale once, where there was a box of toys that were covered in...I don't know how much ink, paint, whatever. There were G4 toys in there as well. And then that one G1 Sugar Sweet...

A lot of the ponies were scribbled over and hair cut and paint in the hair. It's a thin line between kids being creative or just wrecking their toys and not taking care of their property. The ones I saw in that box that day were mostly the former. Although they probably gave the kids enjoyment, the idea they could just then be sold at carboot like they were fine was...a bit odd.

Mind you Sugar Sweet did survive her experience. I was going to sell her originally but in the end I couldn't. She's still here.
This thread shows her before and after, giving some idea. It was just lucky of all of them she wasn't scribbled up.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,393220.msg1741011.html#msg1741011
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 10:30:15 AM »
Yeah but they practiced on cheap stuff first. You don't buy a canvas and frame when you're just learning to paint.

Besides, I said adults that think they can customize. Not people actually trying to learn, but think they already know everything and make crap anyway. You can't give them advice because they think they don't need it.

Agreed, there's definitely a difference when it comes to how much respect the artist has for their materials and canvas.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 12:55:24 PM »
It reminds me of a carbootsale once, where there was a box of toys that were covered in...I don't know how much ink, paint, whatever. There were G4 toys in there as well. And then that one G1 Sugar Sweet...

A lot of the ponies were scribbled over and hair cut and paint in the hair. It's a thin line between kids being creative or just wrecking their toys and not taking care of their property. The ones I saw in that box that day were mostly the former. Although they probably gave the kids enjoyment, the idea they could just then be sold at carboot like they were fine was...a bit odd.

Mind you Sugar Sweet did survive her experience. I was going to sell her originally but in the end I couldn't. She's still here.
This thread shows her before and after, giving some idea. It was just lucky of all of them she wasn't scribbled up.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,393220.msg1741011.html#msg1741011

What a beautiful story!
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 07:18:27 AM »
well atleast it was a common pony we all start somewhere.
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal