collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New He-Man Trailer  (Read 2121 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New He-Man Trailer
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »
I'm amazed the b word got by the censors here in the UK as it's classified as a naughty word here and given its actual meaning, definitely not something that should be in kids tv. It amuses me hugely that they used it though.

I remember Christy Marx saying something about Jetta in the original Jem series saying 'bloody' on at least one occasions. Albeit she did it to be mischievous...and it got through. I think the word we're talking about is worse though...I think it's a watershed word, which means it should be bleeped out ahead of 9pm (thus not in kids tv).

So well done Netflix.

I will probably watch it though. If just to see a character use that word in a kids tv show. I'm shallow.

On the 5 ep series thing. I immediately thought of the origin of the Jem series. The first five...which are essentially extended episodes drawn from Truly Outrageous into five full episodes. On the DVD release, that's considered season 1. Then season 2 starts with Starbright. So 5 eps actually has eighties precedent, albeit for a Hasbro franchise...

It's true though that original Heman didn't work that way. And honestly, I've always ignored the idea that the first 5 are a separate series, I always consider them the start of season 1 and that season 2 begins with either Glitter & Gold or Talent Search depending on where you want to draw the line. But officially...*shrug*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New He-Man Trailer
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2021, 01:39:49 PM »
Binge-watched this last night. Thumbs up!
My brief (non spoiler) review:

It's a grower, you need to get used to the characters over a couple of episodes - and it had some surprisingly gory scenes - my 9-year-old girl watched it but wasn't scared though. Grown-up language - I overheard the words "cr**" and "bol*****", certainly wasn't expecting that haha! 

Teela & Evil Lyn are the main characters, we follow their quest (won't mention *why* to avoid spoilers).

Evil Lyn is voiced with an English accent, but still has some of her shouty-ness as heard in the original cartoon.

The character drawings are interesting - you instantly know who they are based on the 80s animation /clothing/hairstyles/colours but there is an updated "look" to them. I am glad of this familiarity, no need to reinvent the wheel! Some of the characters look really old though, a big contrast to the "perfect" comic-book hero features of the originals. 

No one can ever replace the original Skeletor though, sorry, 80s Skeletor was the best!  :lol:

Re the latest She-Ra, my kid ADORES the show and watches it on repeat. He-Man has a more adult vibe. Can't wait for part 2 of the series to be released! Possibly this August if my web search/gossip sources are correct?

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal