Creativity > Customs

Cosmic Candy

(1/4) > >>

ChocolateStarfire:
I just finished this little lady up yesterday, and she's for sale on my Etsy!

Cosmic Candy started life as a Heart Throb with sun fading. I originally wanted her to be a mom for the Rainbow Baby Ponies (Brightbow and Sunribbon are my childhood ponies) but I didn't like how her repaint was coming along. She sat in my bait box for years.

I wanted to do a galaxy or space themed pony, having been inspired by so many customs here with that theme, and I've never done a custom in a dark shade of purple. So I slathered on some paints and...the colors kept getting darker...I added holo and glitter paint, to create stars. I also added a UFO beaming a rainbow (a nod to who she was intended to be). I wanted bright purple and yellow hair--I loved that contrast in the 90s ponies, like the Rockin' Beats!

Her name has a funny story: One day, I was watching Rhett and Link on Good Mythical Morning and they had a show about bringing old snacks back. The last candy they reviewed that day was called Space Dust, or Cosmic Candy--basically, a Fun Dip from the 80s--and given the outer space theme of the pony, the name stuck.

So here is Cosmic Candy! I hope you like her. :)

~ChocolateStarfire

Pony description: A dark purple G1 pegasus pony with a glittery body and wings, purple and yellow mane/tail with holo pink tinsel, as well as a silver flying saucer with a neon rainbow laser beam for a cutie mark.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-Closeup of her cutie mark
-Back of the pony, showing her hair
-Non-display side

Heart Of Midnight:
Fantastic!  :iconclap: :heart:
A fun and great idea is the UFO symbol from which a rainbow comes out.  ^.^
I love dark colors and sparkle. I also love a lot of Rockin ’Beats ponies that come to mind about Space Candy. Oh, if glitter had been added to their body or hair as well!  :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Leave a Whisper:
A UFO pony! She's very pretty! I like how you did her symbol, especially the gleaming metal.

Kanthaka:
I love the hair colors you went for in combination with the dark body with rainbow glitter! It's a bold choice and it really works for her.

ChocolateStarfire:
Thanks all! <3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version