Creativity > Customs

Lady Leafy: A Cow-mission for SunPony!

(1/3) > >>

Heelys:
A few weeks ago, I got a message from SunPony regarding my Strawberry Cow custom. She had a bait Sundance coming in the mail, and wanted to know if I could transform her in a similar way. I'm always happy to get a new project, so I happily agreed!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I made sure to take a comparison photo with Strawberry. This Sundance had some ink stains, but was still so bright white! Strawberry was yellowed from the day I got her. I almost felt bad that I'd be painting over most of it.

The agreement was that I'd be making a mom for pony friend Baby Leafy. Rather than just making an adult Leafy, I wanted to create a cow that was distinct from her child, but still looked like family. I was inspired by the color pattern of Jersey cattle as well as the floofy fur and long horns of highland cows. So with a bit of work, paint, and apoxie sculpt, I am able to present: Lady Leafy!

I'm very happy with how she came out. Here's a photo of her hanging out with the other animals before I shipped her out to her new home.

Griffin:
Adorable! I love Highland cattle and the inspiration behind this one was apparent even before reading the description! Love also the way you painted her nose. ^.^

Kanthaka:
She's too cute! Sundance's shy pose makes for such an adorable cow. I really like all of the textures you've added -- the yarn tufts, the clay horns, and the 3D part of the symbol.

Snapdragon:
OMG, I love that little goat too!!! :heart: That Highland cow influence is so clear, she's beautiful!! I can see why they reached out to you for a custom commission! :heart: Fab work!!!

BlackCurtains:
Aw, she's so cute! Love her hair.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version