collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this common  (Read 1138 times)

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Is this common
« on: June 03, 2021, 03:12:07 PM »
I found a g4 pinkie pie that I was about to use for a custom. But then I saw this weird line in the middle of the part that says made in China. I also saw these weird bumps on her head. I have seen some ponies with one eye lower or higher than the other but I haven’t seen this before. Also she is a newer version with less detail on her eyes. https://www.deviantart.com/ponyprincess2021/art/G4-pinkie-pie-881563901
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:37:00 PM by ponyprincess2021 »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Is this common
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 03:25:01 PM »
It's kind of hard to tell what the bumps are in your picture! Are they raised, like part of the plastic? Something else?
Where on her part does it say Made in China? Towards the front, near the back?

I have an authentic Fluttershy that looks like she swallowed a bee. I can't find pictures right now, but I wouldn't be surprised by weirdness with the plastic on the later figures.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 03:33:51 PM »
I don’t have a good camera so it was probably hard to tell. It got darker when I tried to show the bottom part of her. In the image next to her on the top you can see the made in China part and a weird line in the middle of the writing. Also the bumps look like it’s a part of her there’s one kind of circle shaped bump in the front of her head and next to it on the left is a more weirder shaped one. I don’t think I own any ponies with plastic stuff like this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:36:24 PM by ponyprincess2021 »

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 05:39:21 PM »
I see the bumps and I believe I have seen that kind of thing in plastic before... Not on a pony specifically, though.  I'm sure it's some kind of factory error, like air bubbles getting trapped in the plastic before it goes in the mold or before it cools properly or something like that.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal