collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75484 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1215 on: May 17, 2022, 08:29:19 AM »
My computer has that graphic too. Today it's owls. I like owls, so I'm ok with it.

Today it's movie related stuff for the Cannes festival. It's still bothering me and will continue to do so because it does change each day. Sigh.

I opened my windows because my electric bill is more than I'd like it to be. As soon as I did, the lawn guys showed up, so I had to close them again. My allergies are bad enough with the high pollen count, I don't need grass blowing into my place on top of it.

My cat is not well :( She hasn't eaten food (only treats) in two days and she feels hot. I know she's got a hairball and I've been giving her medicine for it so I'm hoping it's related to that and not something else. She's still drinking water and like I said, she'll eat treats. I wish she'd eat some real food.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 17, 2022, 09:37:28 AM »
My cat is not well :( She hasn't eaten food (only treats) in two days and she feels hot. I know she's got a hairball and I've been giving her medicine for it so I'm hoping it's related to that and not something else. She's still drinking water and like I said, she'll eat treats. I wish she'd eat some real food.

* Sigh * Little cat, why don't you eat food …  :sad:  That’s always annoying when a cat stops eating. Fortunately, the treats still taste good for it and it drinks water. Hopefully the inedibility is only due to the hairballs!  :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1217 on: May 18, 2022, 05:29:35 AM »
* Sigh * Little cat, why don't you eat food …  :sad:  That’s always annoying when a cat stops eating. Fortunately, the treats still taste good for it and it drinks water. Hopefully the inedibility is only due to the hairballs!  :heart:

She still has the hairball and tried to get it up last night but no luck. Today she's still not interested in canned food but she ate some dry :) and treats of course.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1218 on: May 18, 2022, 05:50:26 AM »

She still has the hairball and tried to get it up last night but no luck. Today she's still not interested in canned food but she ate some dry :) and treats of course.

i hope she feels better soon :) It's a good sign that she's still eating some food.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1219 on: May 18, 2022, 12:25:34 PM »
I hope your cat gets better, BC! :hug:

My vent is about my email provider, I've had the same email address since forever (it's the first one I ever created!) so I guess I've been lucky to keep it for this long, but now there's been a change in ownership and they now longer offer it for free... I know it was stupid of me to continue using it for so long but I've used it as contact info in all my mail art stuff for years :yikes: And it's been my primary email mainly because I've never had the energy to figure out a good alternative. I have an old yahoo address (also created years ago and equally embarrassing) and spent some time switching most of my website logins to that address. But I still need a proper email addy for situations where I can't use my university email. I'm hoping to stay clear of Google and Microsoft, although those would be the easy solutions. At this point I'm just considering of paying for the first month, simply to buy more time...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1220 on: May 18, 2022, 01:57:08 PM »
All the best to the little hairbally kitty!

I had to teach Mum to pot up little plants in biodegradeable pots today. It was a bit funny actually, I never thought that the type of pot changing would make her so confused.

Another small thing but on another site (not pony) there was someone going on about how awesome it is to have a dog if you want regular exercise.

I'm sure that person is a great and responsible dog owner, and I know there are a lot of great and responsible dog owners here BUT...

As a dog-phobic person, having been regularly traumatised by the type of people who let their dog run riot without bothering about them harassing other folk...I just want to say that casually getting a dog because you want more exercise is a really. bad. idea. You have to be able to care for and manage the animal's needs and other people's rights and safety as well. It's not like getting a treadmill.

On the same note, people who take their dogs near the ponds while there are baby waterfowl are really stupid and it makes me really cross to see them.

When I was a kid, there used to be people who'd take their dogs to go and try and provoke the swans that lived there at the time. Sigh. Although swans are capable of drowning dogs if they are threatened by them. So a really bad idea.

Final complaint. Went to the hospital with Dad today for his blood test. Waiting for him at the rear door, saw at least 3 discarded masks on the ground/stuffed into a road cone (I don't know why the road cone was at the hospital, so don't ask). Masks are still required for blood tests, but you'd think that people would not just drop them on the ground when they were done. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 19, 2022, 09:56:03 AM »
I just witnessed a car crash only a few dozen feet away from me, one car literally pushed another over the curb right where I was passing just a few seconds earlier :scared:
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 19, 2022, 05:04:16 PM »
I just witnessed a car crash only a few dozen feet away from me, one car literally pushed another over the curb right where I was passing just a few seconds earlier :scared:

:shocked: that's really scary!

my complaint today is that my partner and i can't agree on which barstools to get. we don't like our current hand me down barstools. but he says the ones i want look too uncomfortable. he hasn't provided any alternatives either.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 19, 2022, 07:33:49 PM »

Ponyfan, the stories about your dad make me so mad because he's just like my dad. When he picked me up yesterday to go to the house he ranted about 3 different things by the time we got there - it's only like 15 minutes away! He ranted about someone behind us that "came out of nowhere" then he ranted about a guy walking his dog, saying "he's out here from morning till night" then when we got to the house he accidentally ran over the grass parking the car. He had a fit and it's so dumb because why does he care so much? It's not even grass, it's weeds. It's not like the yard is really nice. It looks abandoned besides the plants my sister planted. And also my niece runs over the grass on the other side of the driveway and there's already tire marks. So whyyyyyyyyyyyyy does he care?!

When I was there last week, an A/C guy came out because my dad claims it's not working right. The guy told him there was nothing wrong with it and it was working fine and my dad told the guy to get out because there's OBVIOUSLY something wrong with the A/C and who is this schmuck trying to mess with his head. Then later he was trying to "fix it" himself.

Ever since his stroke he's been like this. No one talks about how strokes can change a person's personality. Both my parents changed. My mom got nicer and quieter and my dad is mean and upset all the time.

That is not what I wanted to complain about, but Ponyfan, I just want to shake your dad for you and tell him to stop being so difficult. You can shake my dad :P

I'm sorry you have to deal with your dad being difficult too, BC.  :hug: Our dads sound like they could be twins.  I can't tell you how much your post meant to me.  Many times I'm told to just deal with the way my dad is acting.  My mom is sympathetic about it to a point and will usually hear me out but rarely talks to my dad about it because she doesn't want him to get mad at her.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1224 on: May 20, 2022, 03:07:07 AM »
Last night, a crime was committed in our dining room.

The victim: My dragon tree, Nik.

The crime: Several chewed leaves, which had been damaged overnight.

The suspect: A vine weevil, found in Nik's water tray.

The evidence: Bite marks that match the suspect's modus operandi, the lack of alibi on the part of the suspect, suspect's proximity to the scene of crime.

The jury's conclusion: Guilty.

...It literally did happen overnight. Nik has never been chewed by anything before, and he was fine yesterday. But I'm really hoping that the suspect acted alone, and there will be no further incidents.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1225 on: May 20, 2022, 06:49:44 AM »
SpacePinto - Wow! I'm glad you're okay and were only a witness.

Ponyfan :hug: It's the same with my mom. They fight a lot and my dad always starts it, so she doesn't say anything to him directly, but she will let me vent about him.

--

So an update on my Mousie. Today she ate a little bit of a Churu treat. She's still drinking a lot of water, which is good. Last night she vomited foam and had diarrhea. I'm worried the hairball has become impacted. I don't know what to do except keep giving her the Laxatone, which I was putting on her foot so she'd lick it off, but today she didn't even do that. I'm going to have to force feed it to her.

I'd take her to the vet but what is he gonna do? She's 19 and weighs 5lbs. She probably wouldn't survive the anesthetic let alone surgery.

This is the same thing that happened to Bass. She had a tumor in her jaw and surgery was possible but not recommended because of her age.

I hate the idea that Mouse might die from a freaking hairball.

I guess I could take her to the vet and ask to put her on fluids and a laxative. I need money from my parents for the vet though. Hate not having my own income. UGH. This situation sucks :( :sad:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 20, 2022, 01:16:05 PM »
@BC :hug:

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 20, 2022, 06:58:37 PM »
BC
Exporting an old cat to the vet is always so depressing, when you always have to worry about when it’s the last time. :huh: I still remember those many moments when I had to take my old cats to the vet. Sometimes we came home with the cats happily when we got an “extra time” for their lives or the cat didn’t have any serious ailments at all. I have also experienced the saddest thing in the world twice and I hope it won’t come to my cats for many years to come. And not for your cat either, of course! :hug:
Hope you get her to the vet soon and hopefully your little Mouse will get better soon from what ever bothered her now!  :sad: :hug:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 21, 2022, 05:06:07 AM »
Sites with cookie-bombs. SERIOUSLY hate them. Fortunately I have a cleaning app but it takes out ALL the cookies, so have to revisit regular sites again
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1229 on: May 21, 2022, 06:17:54 AM »
In a weird coincidence, my dad put money in my account yesterday so I can pay for the vet. They're closed on the weekends but I'll try and get a Monday appointment, I'm sure they can squeeze me in since it's a serious thing. I was really worried about her yesterday. She hardly moved and her eyes were glassy. Today she seems better, she even ate a little food and had one treat, she's also still drinking water. I had to force feed her the Laxatone and got some of it on her face. It's very sticky and her whiskers got stuck to it. So then I had to take her to the sink and try to clean it off. My poor baby :(

I had a dream with my sister in it last night. I was screaming at her that I hated her :huh: I don't like when I have dreams like that, it's not the first time. I don't know why I have them. I don't hate her, I love her. Why can't I have a nice dream about her again?

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal