collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75486 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1020 on: March 09, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
I'll be so glad to see the doctor tomorrow. My ears are just killing me and today my eyes are teary and burn.

I've been up since 3am. I couldn't sleep due to pain and thinking about things. Yesterday was very full for me. I talked to my friend who I haven't seen in about 10 years. It was nice catching up but also sad. She's living in our hometown right now, and the things she tells me about it are hard to hear. It's changed so much and not in a good way. It wasn't Mayberry growing up, but it had its nice spots. She told me the beaches are gone, Lake Michigan has risen and taken all the land back.

She also told me things about people we knew and went to school with. So many dead. A lot from suicide. Some in prison and not the people you would think! It's also very weird how our lives intertwine each others. We met in 8th grade and were inseparable. Our lives went in very different directions but we're still the same? It's strange.

I'm also thinking a lot about my dad (see WYP for details).

My apartment is a mess. I haven't done much while I've been sick and it shows. I'm one person. How can I make such a mess? lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 10, 2022, 08:18:20 AM »
I hope everyone is having a better day today. Pony hugs all around. :lovey:

I'm overwhelmed. There is too much going on...nationally, globally, or just in my personal life. Engaging in conversation of any kind is a struggle. I don't really want to talk, but I also know that if I don't, I'll withdraw more than I already do. It's exhausting. Every day I tell myself that things will get better (and probably not as soon as we'd like it too) but it honestly feels like a pipe dream.

I think I'm going to shower and sleep in an attempt to clear my head.  >_<
Mimic on MLPTP

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1022 on: March 10, 2022, 08:57:39 AM »
I hope everyone is having a better day today. Pony hugs all around. :lovey:

I'm overwhelmed. There is too much going on...nationally, globally, or just in my personal life. Engaging in conversation of any kind is a struggle. I don't really want to talk, but I also know that if I don't, I'll withdraw more than I already do. It's exhausting. Every day I tell myself that things will get better (and probably not as soon as we'd like it too) but it honestly feels like a pipe dream.

I think I'm going to shower and sleep in an attempt to clear my head.  >_<

This.

Pretty much how i've felt for the last 2 years. I moved from my home town a few years back and moved again during the pandemic. i work remote which i love. but i feel so disconnected from my friends back home. i used to go home every few months before the pandemic and now if i do go back home i just see my parents. i want to see my friends but i'm afraid of getting my parents sick.

i also don't really keep in touch with them as much because i feel like everything in the world is terrible and i don't want to make them sadder. and what ever good is happening i just don't really share. idk. i've always been very bad at asking for help or someone to listen when i'm feeling bad. i tend to retreat into my isolation.

you're not alone though :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1023 on: March 10, 2022, 09:14:02 AM »
Honestly, knowing I have to teach once a week makes me focus on what I need to be doing for that right now. I'd rather not think of all the implications of other things happening, as I'm a worst case scenario kind of person, so burying myself in mediaeval Japanese is my sanctuary at the moment.

The world has been a stressful place for the last 2 years plus and it doesn't show any sign of letting up.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 11, 2022, 10:57:16 AM »
Today has been a frustrating day.   :argh:

I called my inhaler in to the pharmacy on Wed. It was out of refills but I figured that it would be ready the next day.  Today I called the pharmacy and they said they hadn't heard back from the dr.  I had to call the drs office twice (I left a message the first time and then they called while I was out) but I think it's taken care of now.  It wouldn't be so bad but I had to do the same thing last time I needed a new prescription.  It shouldn't be so hard to get a medicine that you need.

The only place I can work on my diamond painting is on the kitchen table.  I was going to get it out but my mom said I had to wait until after lunch even though we had a huge breakfast this morning.  I told my mom that I wasn't hungry but she said I had to eat something anyway because my dad wanted lunch.

My dad got the cheese out that might have been part of the reason I got sick earlier this week.  I told him that it didn't taste good.  He threw it away and said we had more cheese in the refrigerator.  When my parents got it out they saw it had expired in November. Yet, when I told my mom that the cheese I ate tasted bad she told me that I was just worrying too much.

I get so tired of not being taken seriously by my parents when I try to tell them things sometimes. :(

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1025 on: March 11, 2022, 01:13:23 PM »
The meds my doctor gave me for my sinusitis is some hardcore stuff. It's used to treat, among other things, anthrax and plague :crazy: It has some scary potential side effects and I'm a little scared to take it. I think I'll wait and start it tomorrow in the morning so I can be awake to monitor myself. I'll tell my mom to call me  and make sure I answer.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 11, 2022, 04:30:52 PM »
My pencil literally snapped in two in my hand while I was solving a very captivating nonogram puzzle, and it wasn't even some cheap off-brand junk, BiC is supposed to be a quality product.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 11, 2022, 04:52:26 PM »
The meds my doctor gave me for my sinusitis is some hardcore stuff. It's used to treat, among other things, anthrax and plague :crazy: It has some scary potential side effects and I'm a little scared to take it. I think I'll wait and start it tomorrow in the morning so I can be awake to monitor myself. I'll tell my mom to call me  and make sure I answer.

Whoa! How strong pills you got! :whoa: It's a wonder if they don't work for your disease! Hopefully they won't cause you any side effects! :hug:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1028 on: March 12, 2022, 07:33:58 AM »
It's been an hour and so far, so good. I took a genetic test a few years ago that said I metabolize medicines very quickly, so if anything is going to happen it should happen sooner rather than later.

My complaint right now is the crazy weather. There is a severe line of thunderstorms and possible tornadoes coming this way. There is a cold front behind it and it's going to be 38 degrees tonight (they say), but the rest of the week is going to be highs in the upper 70s and 80s. I'd like to open my windows. I guess it'll depend on the humidity. 80 isn't too bad without humidity.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 12, 2022, 10:36:13 AM »
Bear in mind my family have been in virtual lockdown for quite some time.

So today, having got literally everything we can possibly do in place, we went to one of the local retail parks.

Nothing exciting, just a trip to get some stuff we needed.

...literally the first time inside a supermarket for me in 2 years. That's insane but it's true.

BUT anyhow.

My bus broke down on the way back. I had to get a second bus and walk half the route to get home. Fortunately the driver managed to get it to an interchange hub where that was possible; where it started playing up would've been even more problematic.

And parents' bus was late and they had a really rude driver who seemed to blame the passengers for his being late, as he yelled at them to get on the bus quicker even though people were trying to get off.

Our region isn't like London, it doesn't have bus doors at the front and middle.

As nice as it was to go out and as much as I've missed the buses...seriously.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 13, 2022, 07:13:05 AM »
my parents are frustrating me again. we're trying to find them a house close to us so we can help them cook, drive them to doctor appointments etc. when we decided to buy a house here my parents said that they wanted to move here too. if they weren't ok with moving we were planning to move back to Houston. now they're dragging their feet on actually buying a house here.

yesterday we looked at a really nice house and i think my parents will put in an offer for it. but when they looked at the inspection report they kind of freaked out even though everything in there looked ok to me. some of what they were upset with was just normal stuff for newer homes. not things that were an actual issue. some of it was like "if _ is present" but it's not present. not saying that the issue is present. but just the mention of a possible issue bothered them. we're going to have an inspector we worked with here look at it. obviously i don't want them to buy a home with major issues.

i'm frustrated because i feel like they are trying to come up with reasons not to move after we were willing to move back to Houston. we didn't want to move back but we would have.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1031 on: March 13, 2022, 09:09:12 AM »
So it did get down to 41 last night. We actually have a wind chill advisory today. I opened two of my windows to get a cross breeze going, but it's a little too cold for me :lol:

My current complaint is the neighbor smoking weed in his car and it's wafting into my apartment. This has happened a few times. I hate the smell. There is a no drug rule for the complex including marijuana even though it's legal in Florida if you have a card. I can't really be bothered to turn him in though.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 14, 2022, 06:49:16 AM »
the time change is very annoying. at least it's light later.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 14, 2022, 01:44:19 PM »
the time change is very annoying. at least it's light later.

Are you on daylight savings already??

...I am so looking forward to the clocks going forward at the end of march (here). I hate winter time and love summer time. xD.

My complaint - we just get some good weather in the daytime but the nights are so cold I can't do much about taking plants outside.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1034 on: March 14, 2022, 03:27:13 PM »
Yeah, the time change is screwing with my medicine schedule, I'm all messed up.

I ate moldy bread. I've had these sub buns for a while, they were in the fridge. But since I've been so sick I haven't had an appetite. Today I decided to make cheesesteak and use the buns. They looked fine and I ate one. I made another and when I lifted it up to take a bite I noticed mold on the bottom. I checked the bag and they're all moldy on the bottom. Yuck.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal