collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 77216 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #975 on: February 23, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »
I bought a new office chair thinking I’d be more comfortable with something that had a higher back but two days in, and I’m kind of already missing my low back chair. :( I bought it off OfferUp so at least I’m only out $80 if I change my mind, but it’s still significant enough to sting.

It also has a slight wobble which I knew when I bought it, but now that I’m like, actually using it 8 hours a day I’m realizing it’s more annoying than I thought it would be. I tried to flip it over and look up tutorials on fixing office chairs, but it doesn’t look like mine can be fixed. It’s so old the parts just straight up are not the same. I’m bummed because it’s SUCH a cute chair! I’ve never seen another office chair like it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 23, 2022, 06:46:55 PM »
The situation in Ukraine and Russia is already worrying and stressful for me.  :huh:  :yikes: And I hate to read the news in the press and follow the news broadcasts of the various channels when there are no events there other than this threat of war. :pout:

--

I went for the third vaccination on Tuesday (which is a very good thing  :)), but now my hand is hurting terribly. >_<
:zzz:

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #977 on: February 23, 2022, 07:17:59 PM »
The situation in Ukraine and Russia is already worrying and stressful for me.  :huh:  :yikes: And I hate to read the news in the press and follow the news broadcasts of the various channels when there are no events there other than this threat of war. :pout:

The news coverage here is fairly bleak. it seems to forget that there are people in Ukraine and it's not about the US and Russia only.

Today it's cold again and i'm a little concerned about the power. also Texas leadership strikes again. I hope we vote these creeps out this year. my parents are bumming me out because they think everyone but them is happy with the bad Texas leadership and i keep trying to tell them that there are a lot of people who are also angry and upset. they need to find some different news programs to watch.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 07:21:08 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 23, 2022, 11:42:24 PM »
Not going to lie, I had a full blown crying meltdown when I saw the news about Russia invading Ukraine. I am just so sick of seeing human suffering on every channel I turn to. It’s getting harder and harder to escape the 24 hour news cycles because even if I’m not watching, it shows up on my newsfeed online. I don’t know how, but I hope a peaceful resolution can be reached without a full blown war.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #979 on: February 24, 2022, 05:40:50 AM »
I was watching the original The Outer Limits TV series yesterday, it's from the early 60s. There's always a moral at the end of the episode and one I watched yesterday was about some scientists that were trying to create an alien so terrifying it would unite the world, because humans would have something else to hate and fear instead of each other. Of course, it doesn't work out that way and the moral was basically, humans will never change and global unity is impossible. It got me thinking about the pandemic and yeah, even when faced with something scary that can kill you, people only united loosely when we were all in lockdown, but that lasted what? Two weeks?

Then today I see the news about Russia and it just hammers in that worldwide peace is probably impossible. At least in this stage of human history. Maybe we as a species will get to a point where we don't care about invisible borders and natural resources and who has what anymore, but personally I think we'll kill ourselves off before that happens. Which, maybe is better?

---

Back on topic of trivial complaints. My back is absolutely terrible today. It's hurts so much to just stand up. I went to my parents' house yesterday and it was my first time out of the apartment in two weeks.  think the combo of my dad's uncomfortable car plus the uncomfortable chair at the house and all the walking destroyed my back. It hasn't actually been bothering me too much lately. Sure hurts today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 24, 2022, 06:38:35 AM »
It's terrifying. I'm afraid for Ukraine and i'm afraid for Europe. I don't know what's going to happen. be careful of disinformation. Ukraine is not fascist state any more than the countries we live in are fascist states.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #981 on: February 24, 2022, 11:34:17 AM »
It's very concerning. Most concerning not just for Ukraine but other countries bordering Russia, and Europe as a whole. I don't know...it seems so bizarre to begin something like this.

Rhetoric here has been predominately on solidarity with Ukraine, sanctions, and condemning the violence.

It's also interesting to see footage on protests in Russia, despite the risks they're taking to show their opposition. This is not about the Russian people; they stand to be victims in this too.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 11:42:59 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 24, 2022, 03:03:51 PM »
yes it's always important to remember that leader's views aren't necessarily shared by all of most of their people.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 24, 2022, 06:00:37 PM »
 :bawl: :yikes: At about five o'clock yesterday morning, a nightmare came true that I still can't understand. I listened to the news all that morning and didn’t sleep at all anymore.. I almost started crying that madness. I was shocked and couldn’t do anything all day. I don’t remember anything about going to the grocery store, but I still bought something for the fridge.
And I still don't sleep.

I have not dared to look at pictures of explosions, etc. published by the media. I am already quite sad and depressed enough. I am thinking and mourning the fleeing and suffering people of Ukraine and also the people of Russia who did not want this. :cry: What is happening to us who are Russia's neighbors? Has the end of the world already begun?  :huh:

---

A little small complaint yet … My cat scratched my palm open!  :shocked:  It was going to vomit on the carpet, so I went to lift it off to the bare floor. It startled and jumped out of my hands. Then I had bleeding hands. Really great experience for me who has hematophobia! :ohyeah: :freak: Luckily, my mother was there and she helped clean the wounds. :heart: I would have fainted if I had tried to clean them myself. Now I have gauze in my left hand and patches in my right hand.  :|
:zzz:

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 24, 2022, 06:26:57 PM »
:bawl: :yikes: At about five o'clock yesterday morning, a nightmare came true that I still can't understand. I listened to the news all that morning and didn’t sleep at all anymore.. I almost started crying that madness. I was shocked and couldn’t do anything all day. I don’t remember anything about going to the grocery store, but I still bought something for the fridge.
And I still don't sleep.

I have not dared to look at pictures of explosions, etc. published by the media. I am already quite sad and depressed enough. I am thinking and mourning the fleeing and suffering people of Ukraine and also the people of Russia who did not want this. :cry: What is happening to us who are Russia's neighbors? Has the end of the world already begun?  :huh:

---

A little small complaint yet … My cat scratched my palm open!  :shocked:  It was going to vomit on the carpet, so I went to lift it off to the bare floor. It startled and jumped out of my hands. Then I had bleeding hands. Really great experience for me who has hematophobia! :ohyeah: :freak: Luckily, my mother was there and she helped clean the wounds. :heart: I would have fainted if I had tried to clean them myself. Now I have gauze in my left hand and patches in my right hand.  :|

:hug: :hug:

Offline starscout

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #985 on: February 24, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »
I contacted the eBay seller about the faulty PS3 controller I had bought from him. He asked me to send a video demonstrating the issues I was having, so I took a video clearly showing 1. the controller was plugged in 2. the driver recognized that the controller was connected and configured 3. the emulator gamepad menu recognized that the controller was connected and selected and 4. absolutely nothing happened when I tried pushing the start button in-game. I also explained in the message what was going on. His response? ""According to the video you send,it is the reason that this game does not support PS3.
If the controller can be recognized after plugged into the computer but the game cannot be played, it means that the game does not support it."
First off, in the video, you can clearly see I am using an exclusively Playstation 3 game in a Playstation 3 emulator. Secondly, that is not how that works. I was using a PC emulator, so, as long as it is set up correctly in the gamepad menu, any controller will work. For example, my Xbox 360 controller plays in the emulator just fine, despite it being a PS3 emulator. At once point, I even configured the driver to recognize input from the PS3 controller as Xbox input. Same issue. So, my other controllers work fine, just not this one. But no, it's clearly an issue on my behalf and there's definitely nothing wrong with the controller.  :sleepy:

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 25, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »
Today at the supermarket they were out of the cheap paper bags and I had to buy one of those expensive ones for frozen goods and stuff that cost so much more, and I already have one at home that I don't know what to do with, now I have two which is two too many if you ask me :pout:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #987 on: February 26, 2022, 05:16:18 AM »
^ Can you take it with you back to the store when you need to buy something frozen?

---

My kidneys and back feel better after I drank cranberry juice and water for two days but I was having to go to the bathroom like every hour, which was annoying. Also the juice hurt my teeth and I don't really like the taste. I actually wanted cran-raspberry but it wasn't 100% juice so I got the plain cranberry.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 26, 2022, 05:41:14 AM »
I probably could but I am afraid some absent minded cashier would say that they didn't see me walking in with it and that I'm trying to take it without paying or something.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #989 on: February 26, 2022, 07:53:04 AM »
Oh yeah, that might be a problem.

--

My air conditioner is making a noise o.O it knocks when it turns on. It's really loud! They don't do maintenance on the weekends unless it's an emergency but I called and left a message anyway. I'm kinda freaked out to use it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal