collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75565 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #915 on: February 08, 2022, 12:26:52 PM »
@Annie  I'm so sorry. :(

@Black Curtains  I'm sorry that your new water filter isn't working.  My parents bought a bathmat that they thought would be better than the cheap one they had bought because it had the Clorox name on it.  The cheap bathmat lasted a long time.  The Clorox mat starting falling apart within a few uses. :(

I'm still fighting the sinus infection.  It's a little strange because there will be times that I think I'm getting better and suddenly I'll feel really sick and lousy again.  The last 2 mornings I haven't wanted to get out of bed.  That's pretty unusual for me because even when I don't feel well I don't stay in bed unless I am really sick. 

I'm hoping to be able to return to work this week but feeling fine one minute and sick the next isn't helping. :(

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #916 on: February 08, 2022, 04:31:43 PM »
Annie, lots of hugs for you and your mother through this difficult time :( :hug: :hug:

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 08, 2022, 05:50:42 PM »
Annie, I'm so sorry!  :sad: :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 08, 2022, 07:08:43 PM »
My complaint don't feel very trivial but I still feel like writing...
So far 2022 is not treating me or my family kindly.
First 2-3 weeks of January I was down with Covid-19. It wasn´t so bad actually but I was very annoyed with the fever and all the coughing that never seemed to stop.

But then last week my father died very suddenly by sepsis. It only took a couple of days from being relatively healthy to just pass away because the bacteria basically ate up his heart valves....The doctors said it was an extremely aggressive bacteria and they tried an operation to transplant new heart valves but his body was already too weak and he died the night after surgery. Apparently the first symptoms could be just a common cold which seemed to be the case. But he was very careful and tested for covid and since he was negativ none of us thought much of it more than it was a common cold....
He died 29th of January and was going to retire from work on the first of February. Had his 65th birthday while in emergency care....
This is of course a huge chock for me and the family... None of us even had a chance to talk to him or to say goodbye because he got sick so fast.... He wasn't my biological father but he did officially adopt me and was very proud of that....
Now my days seems to be most about helping out mom and supporting her with all the paperwork and stuff that needs to be fixed and prepare for the funeral.
Everything is just unreal...

And if that´s not enough, my moms dog slipped on the ice injuring his back. Took him to the vet earlier today and they took some X-rays. Seems like there´s no option then to put him down now since his lower spine is injured and he can´t really move his back legs properly... He´s just the biggest (Shiloh Shepherd) and sweetest dog ever. I don´t think I ever meet a dog with such a loving temperament so it pains me to see him go and also leaving mom all alone in her house now....

Right now I'm mostly exhausted but I hope things will look better... All I can do is to continue to support mom and the rest of the family...
And I am ever so thankful for my beloved fiance. He is the best support I could ever wish for!
:sad: :sad: :sad: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #919 on: February 09, 2022, 07:32:34 AM »
This is the second day in a row that I've had a headache wanting to turn into a migraine. Feels like there's a spike in my temples. I'm also nauseous which is a sure sign a migraine is on the way. I need to walk to the office and drop off my rent check... I wish I could pay it online but they charge a fee to do so. I also need to clean the bathroom and bedroom so I'm fighting it. I think it might be winning though.

Some dude was in the parking lot revving his motorcycle this morning. It was highly annoying. I like to lie in bed after waking up and listen to the birds for a while, but I had to leave my room because he kept doing it. I think it's the same guy that goes up and down the main street sometimes. His bike is really loud.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 09, 2022, 12:23:51 PM »
This sinus infection feels almost like when I have a bad case of bronchitis except I'm not coughing.  My mom figured yesterday that the antibiotics are part of the reason I still feel bad. I start feeling worse after I take one.  The pharmacy told me there wasn't much of a difference between these and the ones my dr originally wrote the prescription for but now I'm starting to wonder if these are making me feel worse because they aren't exactly the same thing.  I need to figure out my bank balance but it's so hard to be motivated to complete everyday tasks right now.

Also, I'm hoping it's because I'm fighting this sinus infection but some of my dad's comments are really getting to me. He keeps saying things like "If you had a better job you wouldn't be sick as much."   My job isn't the best and I'm trying to find something better but comments like that just rub me the wrong way. I think he means  it to be encouraging but to me it just sounds condescending. :(  I can't confront him about it because he would just get mad and hold a grudge for me saying something about it.

@BlackCurtains I'm sorry you're dealing with a migraine. 

Ponyfan 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 12:36:20 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 09, 2022, 04:25:18 PM »
Annie : that's not trivial at all, oh I am very sorry to hear your news :(  *pony hugs*

I don't know if I have any trivial complaints... everything is serious and I'm just so tired.  >.<
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #922 on: February 10, 2022, 07:57:34 AM »
Thanks Ponyfan, it eventually went away. I'm sorry you have a bad sinus infection. I get those too, they suck.

--

So this is super trivial and very First World Problems but Domino's Pizza made a change I do not like. It used to be, if you used the $5 mix and match coupon, you could upgrade your pizza to a specialty for 3 dollars more, and still get a discount. I always got the Wisconsin 6 Cheese and a veggie sandwich and my total would be like 24 bucks including tip. They've taken that option away. They have zero deals for the specialty pizzas and a Wisconsin 6 Cheese by itself is over 18 dollars! Yes, it's less than what I would pay before, but I got two things and a discount! It's not the same! That's freakin' expensive for a pizza!

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #923 on: February 11, 2022, 03:58:18 PM »
pizza has gotten waaay more expensive over the last 10 years or so. wasn't Pizza Hut or Dominos $5/pizza at one point? sorry i'm slowly turning into my dad.

i'm just tired today. didn't sleep well. trying to pack up to move while still making sure we are able to cook and live for a month.

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 11, 2022, 06:40:11 PM »
I want my husband and his friend to stop binge-watching law enforcement drama primetime "TV" soap operas!!!! AUUUUUUUGH SO STRESSFUL *ahem* sorry

37 episodes ... so many gunshots  so loud through the whole house, stupid loud speaker system... I just have had enough, I just want to RELAX in my home... but nooooooo they just started Episode 38 >.< how can this be entertaining?  egads!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #925 on: February 12, 2022, 08:43:23 AM »
I've been getting calls for three days now about every hour. The locations are always different but the call is the same. I answer and there's a weird noise like a gurgling and then a robot voice says goodbye and then hangs up. It's driving me crazy and I'm beginning to hate my ring tone.

I don't want to sound like a paranoid conspiracy nut but what's the deal? Are they getting information from me/my phone when I answer? What's the weird sound? It's like I'm being called by a numbers station or something.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #926 on: February 12, 2022, 09:18:34 AM »
I thought I had began to get a chronic bladder condition but symptoms are absolutely minimal and seem to have gone away after: Walking around. -_- Just have to figure out how to get this exercise when the weather cools down again. At least the virtual running club challenge is a good motivator, but I feel stupid.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 12, 2022, 02:48:11 PM »
I've been getting calls for three days now about every hour. The locations are always different but the call is the same. I answer and there's a weird noise like a gurgling and then a robot voice says goodbye and then hangs up. It's driving me crazy and I'm beginning to hate my ring tone.

I don't want to sound like a paranoid conspiracy nut but what's the deal? Are they getting information from me/my phone when I answer? What's the weird sound? It's like I'm being called by a numbers station or something.

:yikes: It's weird and even a little scary. Maybe it's better not to just answer and put the phone to silent? Or can you put that caller's number on your phone's blocking list?
Sometimes I get calls from unknown numbers myself, but I never answer them.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #928 on: February 12, 2022, 04:11:23 PM »
I only answered it a few times, mainly out of frustration. I can't block them either because it's a different number each time. But I have some good news, the calls stopped today. It might be because it's Saturday, since I usually only get robo calls and other spam during the week. Guess we'll see come Monday.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #929 on: February 12, 2022, 04:13:55 PM »
turns out my landlord is going to charge around $600 for a cleaning fee when we move out. and we still need to clean before we move out. we already paid a pet deposit. when i asked how much the cleaning would cost the realtor started going on about how prices for cleaning have gone up because inflation so she couldn't even give us a definite price. they're just going to take it out of the security deposit so who knows. apparently it's in the lease but i don't remember seeing it. we moved in such a hurry 2 years because of covid so maybe i didn't notice and it's not like we had much choice anyway. i hate renting so much.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal