collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76381 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #900 on: February 04, 2022, 07:53:13 AM »
I have problems getting my medicine all the time. I hope you get yours soon, Ponyfan.

So I decided not to have my tooth pulled. Since no dentist within 50 miles takes my insurance and no one can afford a root canal or whatever I'd need to fix it, I'll just live with it. I have way more problems with my wisdom teeth anyway. It still hurts, but it's a dull pain. I can tolerate it. If it gets worse I have the lidocaine gel from my doctor. My parents aren't happy. But I think having it pulled might create more problems :huh: Plus, I just... don't wanna.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 04, 2022, 11:33:42 AM »
I just won a pendrive from the vending machine with prizes at our local shopping mall, but it just got stuck somewhere inside that chute without coming out in the compartment at the bottom, I went to the customer service desk to complain but they just told me it isn't theirs and I had to call the number on the device, then they asked me to text them my full name and promised to send a serviceman there to retrieve my prize and leave it at the desk for me to collect, but something tells me I'm just getting scammed here and I'll never get my prize :brow: I know it wasn't anything super important but I was so excited to win something and now I just feel kind of disappointed (plus I could always use a spare pendrive)
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #902 on: February 04, 2022, 01:17:44 PM »
@BC

I don't want to scaremonger, and it might not be actually infected, just sensitive, BUT if the tooth is infected it can become more serious. The infection can spread and cause bigger health issues down the line.

I had a student when I worked at the college who ended up hospitalised because of a tooth infection, he had to have an antibiotic drip.

If the nerve dies, it also might stop hurting, but it can also spread the infection into your jaw and that could be a lot worse than if it was just in the tooth.

If you aren't able to/going to see a dentist, at least do keep a close eye on it and if you start a fever or anything, please do seek medical support.

ALSO!

Rinsing morning and night with salt water, if you are not doing so already, might help.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 01:20:27 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #903 on: February 05, 2022, 09:53:12 AM »
Taffeta - Yeah, I know all that. Also, having had brain surgery further complicates things, because any infection in my face (tooth, sinus, ear,) can migrate to the implant in my skull and get into my brain. I'm actually supposed to have a big dose of antibiotics before and after any type of poking around incase they set the infection loose.

I haven't been to a dentist since I was 16 and I'm almost 40. I just think, looking at the tooth in question and knowing what I know about it having lived with it, pulling it out could make things worse. I don't think it's infected. I really think I chipped or cracked it eating ice. I made another appointment just to have a consultation about this one tooth, but it's not until March 2nd.

If the dentist thinks it's too far gone and pulling it is the best thing, then I'll do it. I just don't want to go that far if it can be saved. Even though I can't afford to fix it. Maybe my disability will be reinstated this time and I can save up.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 05, 2022, 10:29:40 AM »
That makes sense xD Sorry to sound like fussing, glad you have an action plan in mind :)

It could absolutely just be sensitive. My teeth do this all the time. Some of them are hypochondriacs and send up false signals that even the dentists don't understand. They're just a badly designed bit of biology, basically.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #905 on: February 05, 2022, 01:12:12 PM »
Well, it definitely has a cavity because I can see the holes XD Weirdly, the opposite same molar also has holes (3 of them) but it never bothers me.

--

My faucet water filter fell off. After some hassle with finding the right tool, I reconnected it but there's a little offshoot that goes to the filter and has it's own connection and that was leaking badly. It worked fine before it fell. So I tried to tighten the connector but it's so loose it won't catch. I can't find the booklet and I can't figure out how to fix it. It's my only water source and I'm not drinking directly from the tap without a filtration system in place. So I ordered a new one, different brand, it's a Brita actually, but it's cheaper than the one I have. It had some bad reviews but they seemed to come from stupid people.

This really sucks though. I just bought a new filter for the thing, and the filters for this brand cost as much as the whole new Brita system. I'm hoping I can find the booklet and still fix it. I just don't know what's going on with the connector and why it's so loose. Of course too, this had to happen before I refilled my water bottles and gave my cat fresh water in her bowl. So I guess I should order some water from Walmart to tide us over.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 05, 2022, 07:20:09 PM »
I finally got my prescription yesterday.  It took 2 calls to the drs office and 2 trips to the pharmacy but I have it now.  One reason I didn't get it earlier was my dr doesn't accept electronic faxes.

Yesterday my parents had a disagreement over a potato.  My dad was cutting one and my mom thought that he wanted to make fries out of it.  That's not what my dad wanted but he refused to say what he wanted done with it and let my mom make make the fries.  A couple of hours later they got in to it again when my dad changed the calendar from Feb to March by mistake and thought that my mom had let something expire that wasn't yet.

I'm getting inspired by some fanfiction I'm reading but I feel like once I start trying to type it out that it won't flow as much as it does when it's in my head.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 07:24:49 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 06, 2022, 03:19:58 AM »
Just found out that the U.K will not be having Australian soap Neighbours which is much loved by U.K fans, will not be on Channel 5 late summer. Only because Channel 5 wants more money.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #908 on: February 06, 2022, 07:14:47 AM »
Glad you got you prescriptions, Ponyfan!

--

Speaking of medicine, I accidentally took two doses of my nighttime meds about an hour apart. I thought about calling poison control but didn't. I was only concerned about one of the meds but I looked up the overdose symptoms and didn't have any. That said, I slept heavy (two of them are to help me sleep) and woke up with an awful headache and sour stomach - but that isn't so unusual so I don't know if the extra meds had anything to do with it.

I'm keeping an eye on myself, but I think if I was going to have something happen it would have already. I had a genetic test done and it said I metabolize medicines very quickly. Don't know if that helps or hurts in this case but I'm fine. How it happened was I took the regular dose, then I refilled my weekly pill container and without thinking about it took the one I'd just put in. Then I realized, oops! I already took them.

edit, later: UGH. FedEx did it again, they left my heavy box at the bottom of my stairs. I chatted with an agent from Chewy and she said she sent the complaint to the supervisor of the warehouse. This is the second time this has happened in a row and I don't know how many times total. I get it, the box is heavy, but lifting and carrying heavy boxes is part of your JOB! Now I have to figure out how to get the box up here. Last time my neighbor helped. I think I'll unpack the box and bring up the litter by itself and then get the rest with my handcart.

Also, and maybe this is my fault for not checking on the tracking, but the email I got said it would arrive the 9th. My cat ate her last can for breakfast, so I put in an order with Walmart (for the third day in a row, sigh) for some cat food to last until then. It's just annoying because that was $8 plus another $7 for delivery PLUS $4 for the tip. I know I don't have to tip but I've always been a good tipper.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 09:15:03 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 06, 2022, 07:27:47 PM »
I'm glad nothing bad happened when you took 2 doses of medicine by mistake, BlackCurtains.

I've felt horrible today.  Yesterday I didn't feel well but I still felt like doing a few things.  Today when I woke up it one of the worst days I felt so far since I've been sick.  My parents went out for a while this morning and I didn't even feel like getting a movie out and putting in the player to watch while they were gone.

I tried to take a nap this afternoon but couldn't wind down enough to do it. :(

I was thinking about ordering a book from Amazon but it's out of stock.  It seems like a lot of the books that I'm thinking about getting are sold out before I can order them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 08, 2022, 01:01:07 AM »
I used to watch Neighbours when I was in my late teens, I think it was still on BBC back then? Haven't watched it for years though.
It seems weird they're going to stop it, given how long it has aired here. I guess they want to fill channels with more of our own pretty horrible soaps.

Though I guess it's a sign of the times. I thought C5 got their funding from advertising; they're not a particularly impressive channel in the sense that they import anything that seems to be expensive to obtain...but it's all about making money now.

They already pad out our channels with imported reality tv shows from overseas, which frankly, are a lot dull, completely irrelevant and unnecessary. I also get so annoyed seeing stuff shoved on the history channel that has nothing to do with history whatsoever.

Goodness knows what they're going to do to the BBC, also. And Channel 4, which worries me more...because it's literally the only channel where they don't feel as much as other channels seem to, that disabled people should be not seen and not heard.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #911 on: February 08, 2022, 05:21:52 AM »
My complaint don't feel very trivial but I still feel like writing...
So far 2022 is not treating me or my family kindly.
First 2-3 weeks of January I was down with Covid-19. It wasn´t so bad actually but I was very annoyed with the fever and all the coughing that never seemed to stop.

But then last week my father died very suddenly by sepsis. It only took a couple of days from being relatively healthy to just pass away because the bacteria basically ate up his heart valves....The doctors said it was an extremely aggressive bacteria and they tried an operation to transplant new heart valves but his body was already too weak and he died the night after surgery. Apparently the first symptoms could be just a common cold which seemed to be the case. But he was very careful and tested for covid and since he was negativ none of us thought much of it more than it was a common cold....
He died 29th of January and was going to retire from work on the first of February. Had his 65th birthday while in emergency care....
This is of course a huge chock for me and the family... None of us even had a chance to talk to him or to say goodbye because he got sick so fast.... He wasn't my biological father but he did officially adopt me and was very proud of that....
Now my days seems to be most about helping out mom and supporting her with all the paperwork and stuff that needs to be fixed and prepare for the funeral.
Everything is just unreal...

And if that´s not enough, my moms dog slipped on the ice injuring his back. Took him to the vet earlier today and they took some X-rays. Seems like there´s no option then to put him down now since his lower spine is injured and he can´t really move his back legs properly... He´s just the biggest (Shiloh Shepherd) and sweetest dog ever. I don´t think I ever meet a dog with such a loving temperament so it pains me to see him go and also leaving mom all alone in her house now....

Right now I'm mostly exhausted but I hope things will look better... All I can do is to continue to support mom and the rest of the family...
And I am ever so thankful for my beloved fiance. He is the best support I could ever wish for!

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #912 on: February 08, 2022, 06:14:10 AM »
My complaint don't feel very trivial but I still feel like writing...
So far 2022 is not treating me or my family kindly.
First 2-3 weeks of January I was down with Covid-19. It wasn´t so bad actually but I was very annoyed with the fever and all the coughing that never seemed to stop.

But then last week my father died very suddenly by sepsis. It only took a couple of days from being relatively healthy to just pass away because the bacteria basically ate up his heart valves....The doctors said it was an extremely aggressive bacteria and they tried an operation to transplant new heart valves but his body was already too weak and he died the night after surgery. Apparently the first symptoms could be just a common cold which seemed to be the case. But he was very careful and tested for covid and since he was negativ none of us thought much of it more than it was a common cold....
He died 29th of January and was going to retire from work on the first of February. Had his 65th birthday while in emergency care....
This is of course a huge chock for me and the family... None of us even had a chance to talk to him or to say goodbye because he got sick so fast.... He wasn't my biological father but he did officially adopt me and was very proud of that....
Now my days seems to be most about helping out mom and supporting her with all the paperwork and stuff that needs to be fixed and prepare for the funeral.
Everything is just unreal...

And if that´s not enough, my moms dog slipped on the ice injuring his back. Took him to the vet earlier today and they took some X-rays. Seems like there´s no option then to put him down now since his lower spine is injured and he can´t really move his back legs properly... He´s just the biggest (Shiloh Shepherd) and sweetest dog ever. I don´t think I ever meet a dog with such a loving temperament so it pains me to see him go and also leaving mom all alone in her house now....

Right now I'm mostly exhausted but I hope things will look better... All I can do is to continue to support mom and the rest of the family...
And I am ever so thankful for my beloved fiance. He is the best support I could ever wish for!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Apple Spice

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #913 on: February 08, 2022, 08:10:43 AM »
~Annie sorry to hear that. :hug: Hopefully, things will start turning around. You have my condolences.   

My dogs started barking all night at deers. Ugh, I've not been able to get any sleep.  :zzz:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 08:50:50 AM by Apple Spice »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #914 on: February 08, 2022, 08:23:36 AM »
@Annie, I'm so sorry! That's a a lot to deal with :( :hug:

--

My replacement water filer came and it sucks. It's a Brita so I thought it would be good quality. It's plastic with a chrome look and it's so thin and flimsy while my old one is made of stainless steel. The knob is hard to turn from tap water to filtered. It won't work if the water is on very low and when I turn the water on high, it leaks. The stream is very small, it takes twice as long to fill one of my water bottles. Blah. I'm still hoping I can fix my old one.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal