collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76319 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #870 on: January 24, 2022, 09:17:38 AM »
So the dentists that are on my insurance card no longer take my insurance... and neither do the 6 other dental clinics I called. I'm done. I give up. I'll ask my case worker to look into it. In the meantime I guess I will keep taking OTC pain relivers and putting ice on my jaw. It is very hard to eat, so maybe I'll lose some weight.

It's SO COLD today. Like, deep in your bones cold. It was actually 34 degrees this morning. In a neighboring county it was 31. It could have literally snowed. I got the heating pad out for my cat and I'm using 2 blankets. If I went outside I'd need gloves but I live in Florida so I do not own gloves, or a proper coat. I've got a couple of sweat shirts and my hoodie and only 5 pairs of pants total. My nose keeps running. I closed my windows because it's windy and the air is cold. Brr!

Post Merge: January 25, 2022, 07:51:12 AM

My tooth is killing me :( My jaw and ear hurt too. The best I can get as far as a dentist goes is a discount based on my income. Of course, I cannot do that over the phone. I need to bring proof of income into the clinic. The clinic is in the same plaza that my regular doctor is in, they've got like three separate buildings there. I go the 27th so I can just walk to the dental clinic and get an estimate. My mom is pushing for me to get the tooth pulled. I'd rather not do that but I might not have a choice if I can't pay for whatever work they want to do, and I guess my wisdom teeth will never come out either.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 07:51:12 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 25, 2022, 03:31:42 PM »
I had a hard time winding down last night so I didn't get as much sleep as I should have. 

I was spraying my mask and accidently got Lysol on me. I washed it off right away, but my asthma has been acting up ever since.

My mom is really obsessed with a phone app. At least twice as soon as I got home from work she's followed me asking to help her get the new pictures.  I don't mind too much but I think it could wait for a few minutes after I get home instead having to be done right after I walk inside.  I've tried to her about how obsessed she gets with phone games/apps but it's useless because she'll start saying that I don't want her to have any fun.  It's not that at all but the other night she couldn't even put the tablet down during a meal.  If I did that I'd be told to put it away but she can get away with it? 

My mom sometimes doesn't listen to everything that I said.  She has been expecting a call from a toll free number.  While they were out today I answered a call from a number.  She walked in a couple of minutes later and I told her about the call.  She immediately asked if it was a local number or not even though the first thing I said was "It was a call from a toll free number."  This means that I have to repeat myself sometimes because she doesn't listen.

I was by myself the other night and decided to watch a movie.  When I thought it was getting close to the time my parents would be back I turned the movie off even though I hadn't finished it yet.  I did this because it was a movie that I knew they wouldn't like and their response to that when I'm watching something like that is to go in another room until the movie is other.  They came back much later than I thought so I probably would have had time to finish the movie.  I finally finished it yesterday although it took me 2 more tries becaus the first time I was finishing it I had to stop again before I reached the end of the movie.

That place I had on my ankle is going to leave a scar.

Black Curtains, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. :hug:

Ponyfan       
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:08:08 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #872 on: January 26, 2022, 06:35:24 AM »
A friend suggested looking for a dental school. There's one in the big city nearby so I called. They do low cost work but are booked until summer. I can't wait that long. I have a lidocaine gel my doctor gave me for the sores in my mouth (there's one left that refuses to heal) and I've been putting it on and around the tooth, but it doesn't get down into my jaw where the major pain is. I've been having problems with my stomach too. I must be having a gastritis flare up, and that makes everything else worse. Ugh I wish I was well.

Thanks, Ponyfan :hug: My mom is addicted to a puzzle game on Steam and sometimes when I call her she's playing it. She doesn't stop so it's very hard to carry on a conversation because she is too into the game. Or she'll be watching a movie and have the volume turned way up so she can't hear me on the phone. For some reason she never just pauses the game or movie, she'll turn them off instead. Then I feel bad because I know she won't go back to them after the call ends.

Lysol irritates my lungs too! I hate that stuff and anything with bleach.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #873 on: January 27, 2022, 09:14:59 AM »
Wishing you good luck with your teeth, BC. It sucks to have tooth pain :(

My trivial complaint is that I don't like not being informed about what is going on. Without going into too much detail, someone contacted me about something they might want me to help with earlier this week. I replied to them and now they aren't replying to me. I get that there are lots of potential reasons why, and I'm not blaming them particularly, but my autistic brain likes certainty and to know either way if I'm needed or if I'm not. It's disrupting my ability to get on with other things.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 27, 2022, 10:57:21 AM »
I feel extremely nauseous today. It started last night. I even felt sick while in the car earlier and the only times I've been carsick have been few and far between.

I love solar activated figures.  It makes me happy to see them all moving in the sunlight.   This morning I found one of them had fallen off the shelf and broken.  It's not even one of my favorites but it still made me a little upset when I found it.  I'm pretty sure I know how it happened, but I don't want to say much because I'm sure it was an accident, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad for breaking it.

I don't buy TV shows or movies from iTunes very often but sometimes I do if it's one that I really want and I want to have it on my iPod for traveling or hospital visits. The last two times I've done that iTunes has messed the episode order up when it transfers them to my iPod.  Then I have to make a video playlist just to get the episodes in the right order again. 

@BlackCurtains bleach is one of my triggers too. The last time my dad used a lot of bleach it was so strong that I was almost physically ill from it.

Ponyfan

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #875 on: January 27, 2022, 07:52:55 PM »
my computer stopped charging all of a sudden. i haven't even had it for 2 years!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #876 on: January 28, 2022, 01:40:29 AM »
Feel better, Ponyfan!

@Beth, my computer has moments like that. It likes to drain its battery on its own and also sometimes turns off even when the thing is plugged in. I suspect the battery is on the way out...but I have no way to replace it as it is not easily accessible and I can't right now get to a technician.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #877 on: January 28, 2022, 05:32:17 AM »
Inspection day today. Units are randomly chosen so I hope I don't get picked. I've been slacking on housecleaning due to my tooth, which actually feels better today, unless my pain tolerance went up. Either way, the kitchen and bathroom could be in better shape. At least the floors are clean.

I had a horrible dream last night :( There's one scene that won't get out of my head.

edit: Ahh! The inspector just left my apartment :drunk: I had to wait outside while he did his thing. I was able to clean up the kitchen and bathroom since I first posted this but it was still nerve wracking. I hope I passed :yikes:

editx2: My mom is going to pay for my tooth. I have a consultation and x-ray next Friday.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 01:23:32 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 28, 2022, 04:51:07 PM »
edit: Ahh! The inspector just left my apartment :drunk: I had to wait outside while he did his thing. I was able to clean up the kitchen and bathroom since I first posted this but it was still nerve wracking. I hope I passed :yikes:

Hope all goes well and you pass the inspection! I keep my thumbs up!  :thumb: :hug:

---
A couple of fingers on my right hand started to turn blue and gray when I came inside from the yard in the evening. I had been dropping snow from the roof of the sauna with a shovel. My hand is a little tender but not sore and it is completely warm so it is not frozen. :huh: :wonder: Now it’s a little better already, but I need to keep an eye on it.

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 29, 2022, 05:14:47 AM »
Inspection day today. Units are randomly chosen so I hope I don't get picked. I've been slacking on housecleaning due to my tooth, which actually feels better today, unless my pain tolerance went up. Either way, the kitchen and bathroom could be in better shape. At least the floors are clean.

I had a horrible dream last night :( There's one scene that won't get out of my head.

editx2: My mom is going to pay for my tooth. I have a consultation and x-ray next Friday.

Hope everything went well :) I'm glad you're going to get your tooth looked at.

My computer started charging again so crisis averted i guess. i had a scare this morning when i tried to charge it in another location. turns out a cord was unplugged. i'm still anxious about it. I have another computer for my job but i am in the middle of a side project so i need my personal computer to work.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 05:17:24 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 29, 2022, 10:36:36 AM »
Thank you Taffeta.  :hug:  I'm feeling much better today. 

My blood pressure was really low yesterday.  I don't know if that's part of the reason I felt so horrible a few days ago or not. I talked to my mom and she thinks that I might need a higher dose of one my medicines because I've been using the same amount for years and I might have built up a tolerance for it. 

My parents have a bad habit of thinking that any food that is still sealed in its original package is still good even if it's past the best/use by date.  I eat a small snack (usually string cheese/cheese snacks) when I take some of my medicine.  A while back my mom told me there was a lot of cheese in the refrigerator that was still good.  Last night I took one out and it tasted terrible.   :X  Now that I think about it some of the string cheese I ate a few days before tasted off too.  I'm not sure if that's the reason or if it was due to other things.

@BlackCurtains I hope you passed inspection. 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 29, 2022, 12:25:39 PM »
Tax Prep sites:  You can file your taxes for free because you make a pittance!

Me: Great.  (spends time putting in information...not paying their 'tax pros' to do it)

Tax Prep sites:  Oh, you have crappy insurance that requires an HSA account so you don't qualify for free filing.  But if you pay us what you would be paid for 16 hours of work, we'll still file it.  But you don't get audit protection.

Me:  :mad:  Fine I'll pick another site.

Tax Prep sites: Oh, you plan for the future and have a retirement plan?  You don't qualify for free filing.  But if you pay us what you would be paid for 8 hours of work, we'll still file it.  But you don't get audit protection.

Me:  :argh: :dumbpc:

Explain to me why I should pay them to file my taxes when I do ALL the work? 

Post Merge: January 29, 2022, 01:33:32 PM

So after 3 1/2 hours, I finally got my taxes done.  Tax Slayer will do it for free if you're poor but since my state is one of the few on their list that they can't file to for free, I had to go to my state's tax site in order to free file.  But it's done and didn't cost me anything other than time and frustration to file.  Now to try and get ANYTHING else done today...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 01:33:32 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #882 on: January 29, 2022, 01:59:43 PM »
My meds are making me drowsy. It's better than the alternative, I suppose, but some days, I feel too tired to do anything.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 29, 2022, 02:49:18 PM »

Me: Great.  (spends time putting in information...not paying their 'tax pros' to do it)

Tax Prep sites:  Oh, you have crappy insurance that requires an HSA account so you don't qualify for free filing.  But if you pay us what you would be paid for 16 hours of work, we'll still file it.  But you don't get audit protection.

Tax Prep sites: Oh, you plan for the future and have a retirement plan?  You don't qualify for free filing.  But if you pay us what you would be paid for 8 hours of work, we'll still file it.  But you don't get audit protection.

So after 3 1/2 hours, I finally got my taxes done.  Tax Slayer will do it for free if you're poor but since my state is one of the few on their list that they can't file to for free, I had to go to my state's tax site in order to free file.  But it's done and didn't cost me anything other than time and frustration to file.  Now to try and get ANYTHING else done today...

The villain is alway greed. https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-turbotax-20-year-fight-to-stop-americans-from-filing-their-taxes-for-free

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 29, 2022, 04:02:56 PM »

The villain is alway greed. https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-turbotax-20-year-fight-to-stop-americans-from-filing-their-taxes-for-free

TurboTax was who I had done my taxes with the last few years because they were recommended by the IRS as a free file source.  I didn't this year because they cut off their partnership with the IRS and were the ones charging the most.  I make less than 30K because my employers suck (and they can't figure out why everyone is jumping ship) so I don't have an extra $100-200 to pay for something that I'm doing myself.  And because TurboTax charges so much, I won't be recommending them to my friends.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal