collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76890 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #780 on: December 30, 2021, 07:31:49 AM »
I wanted to make baked potatoes for dinner last night. but the potatoes had sprouts growing out of them so I had to throw them out. One had huge sprouts! i just bought them a few days back. i didn't notice the sprouting when i put them away but i guess they were already old.

I've been doing curbside pickup since covid started, so not picking out my own groceries since I don't feel safe going into the grocery store. this is a new store that just opened about a month ago so maybe they don't really have it together yet. I'll be driving further to the other store for a while. I hate grocery shopping but i miss picking out my own produce.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #781 on: December 30, 2021, 07:49:28 AM »
^ I feel the same. I do all my grocery shopping at Walmart.com and have it delivered. Usually I don't have problems but when I do it sucks. I ordered two yellow onions and they were both moldy. I also got a squashed box of Texas Toast. I ordered tortilla chips for nachos twice, and both times the bags of chips were open! So of course they were stale. Another time, half my eggs were cracked. Terrible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #782 on: December 30, 2021, 08:09:23 AM »
Yesterday someone accidentally knocked the fridge setting onto super cool. So some of the food for tea got accidentally frozen. I am quite paranoid about food, so of course this was worrying.

The weather here is full scale November, rain rain rain and it's very difficult to be motivated to do anything useful :/

Sister will be going back to Oxford on Sunday, most probably. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 30, 2021, 07:29:03 PM »
Speaking of food going bad, the last 3 packages of Great Value (Walmart brand) sliced Swiss cheese my mom bought has gotten moldy even though it's not close to the expiration date.  After the 3rd package did that I told her she needs to buy a different brand of Swiss cheese.

My mom said we would be leaving in about 20 minutes.  About 5 minutes later she asked me if I was ready to go.  I told her that I thought we had more time because she had said 20 minutes and she basically said "Oh, well."  When I tried to explain again that I didn't understand how 20 minutes turned in to 5 my dad decided to add his two cents and said "She didn't say it would be 20 minutes before we left.  It would be 20 minutes before we got there."  It really bothers me when my parents say one thing and then do something else and when I confront them about it they act like I'm in the wrong because I brought up the fact that they're being inconsistent. :(

The light over my desk went out.  It takes a fluorescent bulb and it's too late to get a new one.  I have a lamp close to my desk but it's only putting out a fraction of the light that I'm used to.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #784 on: December 31, 2021, 01:23:15 AM »
^ I feel the same. I do all my grocery shopping at Walmart.com and have it delivered. Usually I don't have problems but when I do it sucks. I ordered two yellow onions and they were both moldy. I also got a squashed box of Texas Toast. I ordered tortilla chips for nachos twice, and both times the bags of chips were open! So of course they were stale. Another time, half my eggs were cracked. Terrible.

What is Texas toast? Is it yummy?

Post Merge: December 31, 2021, 01:24:26 AM

"She didn't say it would be 20 minutes before we left.  It would be 20 minutes before we got there."

Ponyfan

:snicker: Mums can be so contrary!

Post Merge: December 31, 2021, 01:25:55 AM

Yesterday someone accidentally knocked the fridge setting onto super cool. So some of the food for tea got accidentally frozen. I am quite paranoid about food, so of course this was worrying.

The weather here is full scale November, rain rain rain and it's very difficult to be motivated to do anything useful :/

Sister will be going back to Oxford on Sunday, most probably. :/

My goodness, this rain! I have this stupid 2m square of grass in the front garden, otherwise dug ready for roses. It looks really ridiculous. I have not been able to get out and dig it this week. This rain is also my trivial complaint.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 01:26:15 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #785 on: December 31, 2021, 01:53:35 AM »
Texas Toast is thick cut bread that is seasoned with garlic and usually served with pasta. You can also add cheese to it which is even better. It's very yummy :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 31, 2021, 08:17:45 AM »
Walked into town with mum this morning as she had meds to pick up and I had some things to do at the bank.
Which was for some reason closed as they now close on Fridays. Gee, thanks for telling us...

So my journey was wasted. But I did get to help Mum carry the heavy medicine back which is a good thing. And I got some exercise. But I would've gone walking with my sister at some point today anyway most likely. I don't mind having walked into town with Mum, either, but it's just frustrating I couldn't finish my errand.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #787 on: December 31, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »
:freak: I found the source of the fruit flies :X

They were breeding in the bathroom waste bin on some cat poo. I'm so glad I caught it before more could hatch. My traps are working wonderfully and the sticky tape above the sink is rife with corpses.

I need a Litter Genie to keep used kitty stuffs in, I think that would prevent any flies from getting to it? Maybe not, I'm not sure. It's more for controlling odor. I need to look into it a bit further.

In any case, I'm going to ask my dad and niece to help take my garbage out twice a week until the flies are gone. You know, I was afraid they would do that, but I wrap everything in toilet paper before putting it in the bin. Guess that doesn't stop them.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 31, 2021, 06:45:56 PM »
My dad put a new light bulb in the light above my desk.  I turned it off when I was finished using it and when I went back a couple of hours later to turn it on it again, it wouldn't come on.  My dad checked the bulb and the new one that he got today had already burned out/broken even though it had only been on for a short time before I turned it off.  Now it's dark around my desk again. :(  My dad let me use his portable super bright light and that helped a little but it's not the same as having a light directly above my desk.

There's an item that I've been waiting to come back in stock at Target. I was there a couple of days ago and they didn't have the item in.  I checked the app and today the item is at Target.  Unfortunately it started to rain this afternoon and I can't be out for long periods of time in damp weather.  I'm hoping that Target will still have the item when the weather gets better.

I have an itchy place on my foot.  It feels like a blister is forming but there's been a couple of times I thought I had a blister and it turned out to be something else.

I was watching a video on my phone to help me put together my new 3D puzzle, but the Ring cameras went off several times while I was working on it. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 07:04:10 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 01, 2022, 07:46:48 PM »
The desk light saga continues.  :(  My dad took the defective bulb back to Walmart and got another one.  That bulb worked until I turned the desk light off and back on and the 2nd bulb quit working too.  We're snowed in right now so I have to deal with my desk area being darker than I'd like until the weather clears and we can try a third bulb. 

My mom watches the Rose Parade on New Year's Day.  This morning I turned it on while we were putting away Christmas decorations.  I thought that would be good enough, but my mom complained that she was missing the parade while doing that.  She watched the rebroadcast though.

Ponyfan

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #790 on: January 02, 2022, 02:38:34 AM »
Texas Toast is thick cut bread that is seasoned with garlic and usually served with pasta. You can also add cheese to it which is even better. It's very yummy :)

Mmm that does sound good! Here we have something similar but we just call 'garlic bread wth cheese'. From now on I will call it Texas Toast.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #791 on: January 02, 2022, 05:54:45 AM »
:) The Texas part comes from the thick slices. I guess, because of that saying 'everything is bigger in Texas'? I dunno :lol:

--

My complaint is this new temporary medicine I'm taking. It makes me feel weird. Not dizzy exactly, but like I'm floating in water? I'm also being very forgetful. I have a pretty rigid morning routine and yesterday I deviated from it because I was forgetting so many things and didn't notice until way later. I'm only taking it for 12 days and it's important and it's working on what it's supposed to, so I'll just live with it.

My sinuses hurt. My eyes are itchy. Ears are fine though, for once. So far :lol:

Yesterday, my mom annoyed me. I told her I have to clean and fix up my place for inspections coming up, but that my back hurts a lot and I have to do things slowly and take a lot of breaks. She said I should stop working and "just rest" or I'll make my back worse. I told her I can't rest, I need to get things done. Then was like how dirty is you place? I had to explain that it's not really, but last time we had inspections I was cited for all the boxes and bins which are still there. So I have to put them in the laundry closet. Then I'll have space to move my bookcase and can unpack my books which are in like 7 boxes. Then I can get rid of those. And my mom got all huffy and told me 'well you knew this coming why didn't you do it sooner' and I said I did NOT know it was coming actually. The last inspection was in like October or something. I figured it was once a year. I've only lived here for a year and a half. So she got mad at me and ended our phone call.

She's always telling me I can put off stuff until later and I should rest. "Don't do something stupid" she'll say. Well, thanks for the advice now I have to rush around for a month doing things I should have done already -_-

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 02, 2022, 06:26:00 AM »
Sister has gone back to Oxford. :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #793 on: January 02, 2022, 09:03:25 AM »
lol BC yeah everything is bigger in Texas. for better or worse. i've never seen that kind of Texas toast. i'm not a huge fan of the texas toast i've had in restaurants here. which is usually just triangles of toasted, over buttered white bread that comes with fried food. though Texas is huge so the food does vary by region. i'm from Houston which has a lot more cajun food. it looks like texas toast may be more of a Dallas thing.

the photo looks much for appetizing and reminds me of the bread that chilis serves with their cajun chicken pasta. Whataburger doesn't have great texas toast i guess. though i do like their chicken strips :)

Added a photo. that stuff in the corner is what they call "texas toast"  :huh:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 09:06:31 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 02, 2022, 10:22:58 AM »
Texas Toast looks the same in my area as the picture Beth posted.   The Texas Toast that BC posted looks a lot more appetizing.

I'm on the third lightbulb for my desk light now.  This one is a GE so hopefully there won't be any more problems with the light going out after one use.

The weather is extremely cold today and my throat feels like it is trying to close up even though I know that it isn't.

Sister has gone back to Oxford. :/

:hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal