collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 77136 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #765 on: December 28, 2021, 12:45:18 PM »
@Starscout, your account literally made my blood boil.

Your poor sister.  Especially when she was just trying to help.

It's a bad way to treat any kid, but that kind of behaviour can cause much more trauma in an autistic person because we're so sensitive to other people's hostility and atmosphere, even if we can't process it. And of course she isn't going to be able to communicate clearly to a monster bearing down on her yelling unfounded accusations.

I hope you get some satisfaction from the store, but it doesn't undo the experience.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 28, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »
Could you technically sue them for that?
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #767 on: December 28, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »
:enraged:

@Starscout that's awful. no one should yell at a child that way. i'm sure that lady knows you sister wasn't trying to steal. she was just trying to be helpful. that's a horrible way to treat someone whose just trying to be helpful. i can't even find words.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 28, 2021, 05:08:01 PM »
Starscout, that is awful!  :sad: The little girl was just kindly trying to help and got horrible false accusations about it!  :shakefist: I'm so angry about what happened.

---

My brother found out yesterday that someone has stolen firewood from his woodshed!  :whoa:  :shocked:
We live side by side as neighbors. Even though we do not have a lock in the woodshed, no one has stolen from us!
How can this even be possible, as I am often at home and I keep a close eye on what is going on outside. There have been no extra traces in the snow, so it must have happened earlier when there was no snow.  :wonder: My brother's yard is really dark in the evening and night and I have often told him to buy a yard lamp.  :nope:
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 28, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »
@starscout.  I'm so sorry that happened to your sister.  :sad:  That is horrible.  No one should be treated that way.

I was going to post some pictures on the Arena but for some reason the uploader on Flickr isn't working right now.  The other parts of the site seem to work fine but when I click on Upload Photos I get the pink and blue balls that constantly move back and forth but the page never finsishes loading so I can put new pics on Flickr.  I will try again another time.

I was reading one of my new books today and found the first few pages were torn at the top.  I try to always pick the best book at the bookstore but I can't check every page for flaws.   can still read the book without the pages tearing more but it's annoying to me because I like to keep my books in excellent condition.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 28, 2021, 08:48:17 PM »
Starscout, what happened to your sister was the WORST!!! How DARE these people assume the worst of children!!! They should check what the child is doing with kindness, then show them how to do it properly (like, they actually go in this box here, but yes, they're better off the floor).

Deffo sue. Nobody should get away with such behaviour
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 28, 2021, 09:25:49 PM »
I think you can report them to the Better Business Bureau, Starscout.  The website is bbb.org and there should be a "file a complaint" button.  I don't know exactly what they will do but since it seems to be a recurring issue with this business, maybe going through the bureau will catch the attention of the owners enough to do something about the awful manager.

My trivial complaint is a canker sore.  Where it is located makes it difficult/painful to swallow and I feel like swallowing just irritates it so I'm not sure what to do to make it go away.  So annoying.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2021, 02:30:43 AM »
Starscout, how awful for your poor sister  :( totally unfair.

Was there security footage recorded? But perhaps you are too upset to even go there... 

What a rotten store manager.  :enraged:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2021, 06:32:50 AM »
I second reporting it to the BBB. I'm so sorry that happened.

My trivial complaint is a canker sore.  Where it is located makes it difficult/painful to swallow and I feel like swallowing just irritates it so I'm not sure what to do to make it go away.  So annoying.

I'm dealing with about six of them (doc said mine were caused by a virus). My best tip is to rinse your mouth with warm salt water and then baking soda. You can also do hydrogen peroxide beforehand and wait about 5 minutes. Try eating cold things. Avoid citrus and spicy foods. Vitamin C will help it heal faster, but only take it in pill form or it will irritate the sore.

--

My complaint is pain. I could barely stand up when I got out of bed. My lower back and legs, the left leg moreso, didn't want to straighten out. I did some light stretching and it feels so good when I'm doing it, but the feeling doesn't last.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starscout

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2021, 08:22:08 AM »
Thank you to everyone for the suggestions on the situation! I have contacted both the BBB and Avvo to see what we can do about it legally. I also discussed it with her father (we have different dads, so we're technically half-sisters), and he does seem to want to press charges against the manager and store owner.
@Starscout, your account literally made my blood boil.

Your poor sister.  Especially when she was just trying to help.

It's a bad way to treat any kid, but that kind of behaviour can cause much more trauma in an autistic person because we're so sensitive to other people's hostility and atmosphere, even if we can't process it. And of course she isn't going to be able to communicate clearly to a monster bearing down on her yelling unfounded accusations.

I hope you get some satisfaction from the store, but it doesn't undo the experience.
Exactly my thoughts! My heart has been absolutely shattered since I found out what happened. I've been trying to imagine myself as a nuerodivergent child in that situation, and just thinking about the fear and humiliation my own sister had to go through is so gut-wrenching. That manager is a cruel, heartless person and the store owner is just as bad as she is.

BlackCurtains and Pokeyonekenobie, I really hope both of y'all feel better soon!

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2021, 04:45:38 PM »
I hate posting again so soon but there was a letter in my door today. The big inspection is coming up for our apartments, Jan 28. It's nice that they gave us a month notice but it's still nerve-wracking. It says that if they find even DEAD bugs, you'll fail the inspection! What?! That doesn't sound fair at all. I'm still having fruit flies, but I put out some traps today and they're working very well. I need to get my garbage out though. My dad said he'll be down this way on Friday so hopefully we can do it then.

And I still have boxes about the place. From when I moved in. A year and a half ago :lookround:

I wanted to mop the floors anyway, but now I have to. I guess I'll have to stuff my boxes in the laundry closet. My dad said he might buy me a washer & dryer for Christmas, but that didn't happen so... might as well use the space. Why don't I unpack them? I could unpack some, but some of it is stuff I don't have room for, or things that go on the wall and other décor. For example, I have three different collections of dragon ornaments. I have trees for them, but nowhere to put the trees.

Wish me luck as I work past my pain and get this place inspection ready and hopefully get rid of the flies again. The letter also said there will be a preliminary inspection by the community manager who will tell you what you should fix before the real inspection. So it's not a total blindside. Still makes me anxious!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #776 on: December 30, 2021, 03:00:37 AM »
Starscout, that is awful!  :sad: The little girl was just kindly trying to help and got horrible false accusations about it!  :shakefist: I'm so angry about what happened.

---

My brother found out yesterday that someone has stolen firewood from his woodshed!  :whoa:  :shocked:
We live side by side as neighbors. Even though we do not have a lock in the woodshed, no one has stolen from us!
How can this even be possible, as I am often at home and I keep a close eye on what is going on outside. There have been no extra traces in the snow, so it must have happened earlier when there was no snow.  :wonder: My brother's yard is really dark in the evening and night and I have often told him to buy a yard lamp.  :nope:

Someone must be pretty desperate to do that... if that happened to me I would wonder if someone nearby was having money or health troubles maybe?

Post Merge: December 30, 2021, 03:02:53 AM

I hate posting again so soon but there was a letter in my door today. The big inspection is coming up for our apartments, Jan 28. It's nice that they gave us a month notice but it's still nerve-wracking. It says that if they find even DEAD bugs, you'll fail the inspection! What?! That doesn't sound fair at all. I'm still having fruit flies, but I put out some traps today and they're working very well. I need to get my garbage out though. My dad said he'll be down this way on Friday so hopefully we can do it then.

And I still have boxes about the place. From when I moved in. A year and a half ago :lookround:

I wanted to mop the floors anyway, but now I have to. I guess I'll have to stuff my boxes in the laundry closet. My dad said he might buy me a washer & dryer for Christmas, but that didn't happen so... might as well use the space. Why don't I unpack them? I could unpack some, but some of it is stuff I don't have room for, or things that go on the wall and other décor. For example, I have three different collections of dragon ornaments. I have trees for them, but nowhere to put the trees.

Wish me luck as I work past my pain and get this place inspection ready and hopefully get rid of the flies again. The letter also said there will be a preliminary inspection by the community manager who will tell you what you should fix before the real inspection. So it's not a total blindside. Still makes me anxious!

I used to hate being inspected when I lived in an apartment, but then the results of tidying up are always nice.

Here is my complaint: I chopped a chilli the day before yesterday, then somehow managed to get some in my eye. It's still itching today.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:05:02 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 30, 2021, 06:06:00 AM »

When the preliminary inspection happens, tell them you are living with all the physical & other complications you have. They may find a way to assign you a help. When the local council came to suss out my place, they spoke about the mess I had, & asked if I needed help to sort it. I was, please, that would be a real help for me, & they gave me a helper who visits each week. Use what's offered to full advantage xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #778 on: December 30, 2021, 06:20:25 AM »
I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion :) Yeah, I don't know if I posted this somewhere or not but my case manager left to get a different job and there is no one to replace her. She helped me out so much. But now I'm on my own again. And I won't see my therapist until the 12th of Jan, so... I'm kinda in the ocean without a life jacket at the moment ^^;

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 30, 2021, 06:53:42 AM »
I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion :) Yeah, I don't know if I posted this somewhere or not but my case manager left to get a different job and there is no one to replace her. She helped me out so much. But now I'm on my own again. And I won't see my therapist until the 12th of Jan, so... I'm kinda in the ocean without a life jacket at the moment ^^;
Deffo do!!! And what a shame about your case manager. I hope you get a new one as good as she was xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal