collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 77005 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #750 on: December 23, 2021, 10:03:44 AM »
Sounds like you deserve a break :hug: The service industry is crappy even during good times.

--

Hmm. I think my tastes changed for my usual coffee. Or I'm just having an off day. It doesn't taste good, but I didn't do anything different. I've been wanting to try something else recently but my usual still tasted fine. Today it's just... blech.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 23, 2021, 01:04:56 PM »
I wanted to work on my diamond art today but my mom decided to bake today.  That means I can't work on my craft stuff because the kitchen table is the only one that I enough room to work on.  I know I'll probably be able to work on it in a few days but it feels like just another time when I had to put aside what I wanted to do because one of my parents wanted to do something else.

My mom had noticed that I play a coloring app a lot especially when I'm waiting at drs offices.  She decided that she wanted the app on her phone too. I don't mind her having the same app as me but ever since she downloaded it she seems really obsessed about it to the point of blocking other things out.  I've noticed this before about things but whenever I try to confront her about it she tells me that I'm being mean, jealous of her tablet, phone etc or don't want her to have fun.  None of those things are true of course but I don't like how I have to repeat myself several times when she's absorbed in a game and then when I try to talk to her later about whatever I was mentioning before she tells me that she didn't hear me but always has an excuse why she didn't. Today she was playing the coloring app and I told her something.  I didn't get a response as she continued to constantly open and close the app while I was talking to her.  After a few minutes I confronted her about not listening to what I said, and she told me that she heard me but didn't say anything.

My mom also has a bad habit of only listening to the first part of what you say before commenting which often leads to her missing the rest of what you were saying and having to repeat it again.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #752 on: December 23, 2021, 06:17:47 PM »
I can't sleep. I'm so uncomfortable. Earlier there was an ant on some papers I was reading. It was not one of the small ones, it was a crazy ant, I think. They don't bite or sting but they're really fast. I don't know where it came from and I didn't see any others. Later, when I was eating dinner I felt something on my hand and it was another crazy ant. So now I have the creepy crawlies on my skin. Every little itch is freaking me out.

My RLS is also acting up, so is my GERD so I can only lay on my left side, but my left leg hurts and goes numb after a while. I tried propping myself up with pillows but it hurt my neck and I can't put the blanket over my face in that position.

I finally got comfortable only to have to get up and use the bathroom, which was very frustrating.

My back hurts and I have a headache, so I took some Aleve and aspirin but I'm awake now.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #753 on: December 24, 2021, 01:25:32 AM »
My spider plants apparently brought some flies in with them. Or at least, eggs or larvae or something in their soil. Yesterday there were flies all over my bedroom window. I hate having to resort to the vacuum cleaner in such situations, and I got out as many as possible, but it just wasn't realistic.

On the positive, the couple of spiders who make their home on my window (yes, I know they're there, no, I don't mind at all) thought Christmas had arrived early and had already taken care of a few flies before I even got to them.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 24, 2021, 02:17:44 PM »
My spider plants apparently brought some flies in with them. Or at least, eggs or larvae or something in their soil. Yesterday there were flies all over my bedroom window. I hate having to resort to the vacuum cleaner in such situations, and I got out as many as possible, but it just wasn't realistic.

On the positive, the couple of spiders who make their home on my window (yes, I know they're there, no, I don't mind at all) thought Christmas had arrived early and had already taken care of a few flies before I even got to them.
THIS is why I like spiders xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 24, 2021, 02:28:00 PM »
we have a beautiful spider living in our washroom but my daughter is TERRIFIED of it.  admittedly it is the size of a small button, so a bit freaky but it has no interest in us...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #756 on: December 24, 2021, 03:38:44 PM »
This is a massive deviation from the thread topic but spiders are really smart, quirky and funny little critters. They like fluffy surfaces and they sometimes just like to hang like they're bungee jumping up and down for no apparent reason. There are videos on yt and such of them dancing as well xD. Fun critters,so long as you don't have the poisonous variety.  :D

It's Christmas Eve so I don't want to complain :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #757 on: December 26, 2021, 04:03:51 AM »
I like spiders too :) Jumping spiders are my favorite and I follow a few people who breed and keep them as pets. I've thought about getting one for myself. I'm also interested in keeping Roly-polies. There are some very neat colors and patterns of them.

--

My complaint for the last few days is that my tongue is covered in sores. The gums by my wisdom teeth is still bothering me too. It's very uncomfortable to eat and I can't really taste anything. I did all the cooking for Christmas and couldn't even enjoy the meal. Well, the mashed potatoes were good. I made my favorite dip but it has walnuts in it and I like to eat it with Wheat Thins crackers. I tried a little last night and it just sucked, it was painful and I couldn't taste the olives. So I guess it's rinsing with hydrogen peroxide and salt water and eating nothing but soup until it heals :pout:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 26, 2021, 03:29:47 PM »
Christmas is usually my favorite holiday but this year things have seemed a little tense.  There's a program that I really love to watch on Saturdays, and I was wanting to see if the show had a Christmas theme.  By the time I got up my dad had already put the TV in the living room on a station running a Christmas movie.  It was the same movie that had been on the night before and I had thought we might watch the DVD of it together on Christmas so we wouldn't have to deal with the commercial breaks.  The station running the Christmas movie was running the same movie back to back and as soon as it was over my dad started looking for another Christmas movie on TV.  He didn't find one that he liked so he told me to put on a Christmas movie.  I thought it would be better to wait until we could all sit down and watch it together, but he kept saying "Put on a movie!"  even though my mom was busy cooking Christmas dinner.  When I tried to tell him that he said they could watch it from the kitchen (not in the kitchen but look at it through the kitchen while they were busy.)   Of course the movie wasn't over by the time Christmas dinner was ready, so I had to stop the movie and we finished it later.

My mom always makes a lot of food for the holidays, but she usually gives us a day in between so that we don't have to eat the same food over and over.  Today my dad decided that we would eat the leftovers for lunch and instead of my mom confronting him about she just went along with it. 

I was literally almost in tears earlier.  I know these things shouldn't matter and I'm trying very hard to keep peace and not spoil my family's Christmas but it's getting harder not to snap especially when everything keeps building up.     

I feel a little better since I worked on my diamond painting for a while but even while I was working on that I had to stop because the Internet went out for a few minutes while both my parents were on the computer.  Instead of just waiting for it to come back my mom came to get me telling me that the Internet was out and expecting me to fix it.

The other day I had already logged in to the streaming site I was going to watch, and my mom came in to get on her computer.  We try not to be on streaming and her Facebook game at the same.  When I told her that I had already logged in to the streaming site she started to whine that she hadn't been on her computer all day.  That was true as she had been busy most of the day.

Sometimes I wish I could show my parents how they act.  I know they don't do things on purpose, but it really gets to me when they do something that I would be scolded for if I acted the same way.

Ponyfan

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 26, 2021, 08:05:50 PM »
I also had a kind of ruined mood this Christmas.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 27, 2021, 05:59:12 AM »
I'm visiting my parents for the holiday and I love them but also it's a challenge because I'm constantly over stimulated  :( I'm so used to living alone - predictable noises and few interruptions - to living in a house with multiple other people - all kinds of random noises and interactions.  Even though everything is friendly it's still just alot.  It's just a bit stressful  :cry:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #761 on: December 27, 2021, 07:06:21 AM »
Ugh! I'm trying to complete Swagbucks surveys for an Amazon gift card since there are things I need from there. Every. Single. One. says I am disqualified or that it's overquota. Some make you answer a bunch of questions before they tell you you're not qualified. It makes me very frustrated.

When I started doing this in Sep/Oct it was so easy to make money. Now it's like pulling teeth. Yesterday I went through 20 surveys and was disqualified for them all. I gave up after that. Today is more of the same.

You can also earn points for other things like signing up for stuff via email, but there are no new ones. The games for points don't interest me, I've already gotten points for the games I did play. Then you can sign up for a service for points, like you can get 25000 points for signing up with Chime, that's $250 dollars.

I just wish they had newer content to use and give me surveys I can actually take. Sometimes it will tell me I already completed a survey. Then why the heck is it on my list? So frustrating!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 27, 2021, 03:57:17 PM »
One of our neighbors came over this morning and said that their dog had gotten out and someone had posted on the Internet that they had found the dog but were going to release it if no one claimed it.  The neighbor wanted us to help him find the ad.  All the information we had on it though was it was "somewhere on the Internet, or" somewhere on Facebook" and the people that found the dog were from another state.  The neighbor did eventually tell us the name of the people that he thought found the dog.  I looked all over Facebook, joined a few lost and found pet groups and even tried googling the little information we had but couldn't find the post about the dog.  My mom suggested that the people that found the dog might take it to a vet to see if it was microchipped, but our neighbor replied that he didn't think the people that found the dog would do that.  Right after that someone showed up with the dog and returned it to the neighbors.

I like reading fanfiction but I have so many stories bookmarked that it's getting harder for me to keep track of the ones I've saved to read later.  I'm starting to wonder if I should divide them in to categories to make it easier.  Right now I just have them arranged by the series they are based on.

I mentioned to my mom that I wanted to buy a Lego set.  Now she keeps telling me that I already have Legos and doesn't think I need a new set.  The set she's talking about is my childhood Lego set and I'm pretty sure there are pieces that are missing.  My childhood set is really old.  I don't see anything wrong with buying a new set to enjoy. 

Ponyfan   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 04:22:58 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #763 on: December 28, 2021, 08:43:45 AM »
The sores in my mouth are caused by a virus according to my doctor. She gave me some medicine for it but I don't have it in hand yet, my dad is picking it up today. Not sure if he'll bring it to me today. One of the medicines is a lidocaine gel I can put directly on the sores to numb them. They're very painful :(

My complaint for today is fruit flies. I have yet again almost gotten rid of them and then have an explosion from somewhere. This time it was the garbage can (I think it was last time too). I was changing the bag and they all crawled up from the bottom. The ant spray was nearby so I sprayed the sides of the bag and stopped them, but several had already escaped. I still don't know what they are finding in there. I rinse the cat food cans and soda cans and I don't throw away food. It's a mystery.

My water bill is going up by 11 dollars in the new year. Doesn't sound like a lot but sometimes all I have left in my account after paying bills is less than $20.

My dad got me a gift card for Walmart. I had to cancel my Walmart+ account because the trial ended and I didn't have enough to pay for it. Walmart+ has free delivery. So now that I don't have it anymore, delivery is $7.95. I can't touch the money in my bank account because it needs to pay for my auto payments on the 1st. I used the gift card to pay for a grocery delivery. It sucks because instead of using the money to buy myself a gift, I'm just using it on something that used to be free for me. I hope I'll have enough next month to get Walmart+ back.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #764 on: December 28, 2021, 11:27:32 AM »
Yesterday my mom and my little sister, who suffers from high functioning autism, went to a store sorta similar to Ollie's. While they were there, my sister saw some items on the floor, so, being the kind and considerate girl she is, put them into the box on the shelf so that they wouldn't get damaged. When she did that, the store manager ran up to her and yelled at her and accusing her of stealing right in front of everyone! My sister just turned 13 years old. She's still a little girl, and her autism makes it harder for her to go out in public. This store was one of the few places she felt comfortable, only to have some evil, heartless jerk over 5 times her age humiliate and traumatize her there. :enraged: The manager then went to my mother, pointed at my sister, and asked if that's her child. She then told my mom that my sister admitted to trying to steal. What she admitted to was putting things on the floor into a box on the store shelf so that they wouldn't get damaged!!! This woman said that my sister was putting them into a box they didn't belong in so that she could just buy the box and get those items at a cheaper price. As if a literal CHILD would think to do that! My sister is scared to death of watching movies on free streaming sites because she thinks it's stealing, she would absolutely never steal an item for a store. My sister was sobbing all the way home because she was worried about getting arrested for something she didn't do. When Mom told me what happened, I was so angry, I was physically shaking. I feel extremely guilty about not being there. To make matters worse, my mom reached out to the store owner, and he completely brushed it off. More than that actually; I was absolutely appalled about how rude he was. He told my mom that she should just be grateful that the manager didn't call the police on my little sister. My mom also got in contact with another lady who had a similar experience, except her children are even younger (3-5 years old I believe). The manager is just a miserable woman who finds joy in bullying little children, and the owner is just as bad. My blood has been absolutely boiling over this. I'm trying to find out what sorta action we can take against the manager and store owner, if we can do anything.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal