collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76940 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #735 on: December 18, 2021, 04:28:22 AM »
My glasses broke, & every spare I have is also broken. The nearest opticians are a bus ride away & I was out yesterday, for my booster, so no hope of going anywhere to get any pair fixed. Guess I'm stuck like this with specs perched on one ear & nose because an arm broke off. Alternative measures to fix another pair aren't going as well as I hoped either...

Just needed to rant about it. We're all making do with what we can in the current situation
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #736 on: December 18, 2021, 06:05:09 AM »
It started yesterday after a nap, it feels like there's fluid in my ear and I can hear something crinkling and moving around. It could be from allergies, my eyelids have been puffy and my eyes itchy too. I hope it's just allergies and not an ear infection. Those suck.

edit, later: As the day went on i felt worse and worse. My eyes are watery and blurry and the left side of my throat is starting to hurt. Plus, still have the ear problem, which is also starting to hurt. Still hoping it's bad allergies and not something worse. I feel awful.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 02:28:58 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #737 on: December 18, 2021, 01:32:09 PM »
Walking with my sister is fun but always seems to end up with a disproportionate amount of mud.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 18, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »
I'm losing my job.  :cry:
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 18, 2021, 04:45:24 PM »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 18, 2021, 07:54:27 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Pheasant. :(

@BlackCurtains I hope you feel better soon.

Today has been a bit of a rough day for me.  I think I'm having some problems from sleeping on my back at night because my sinuses feel like they are clogged a little bit.  I don't feel sick really although I haven't felt well the last few days.

This morning my mom and I got in to it because I thought she said we would go to 2 stores and then when I said that the 2nd store might have something she was looking for she said that she didn't say we would go.  We argued about that for a while and ended up going to the 2nd store. 

After the three guys vandalized our display case with the Christmas decorations in it my dad decided to order a Ring doorbell system.  All of the parts finally came and yesterday my parents went to the neighbor across the street to ask if he could help set it up. When they came home, they said the neighbor said he would come over today and help.  He never showed up.  My dad never lets something go if you tell him you'll do something and don't and always takes it personally.  I've only met the neighbor once but he seems like a nice guy and I'm hoping something came up and he forget to tell my dad that he couldn't come today.  My dad has already taken the old doorbell apart because he was planning on having it set up today.

Around lunch time our internet and cable went out. I was in the middle of a professional video and had paused it for a few seconds.  When I tried to pick where I left off the video wouldn't resume playing. It was at last a couple of hours before our internet and cable came back on.  I decided after I got some tasks done that I would read one of my new books that I've been wanting to read but hadn't found the time to read yet. I even looked at the last part of the previous book to see what happened last as it's been a few months since I read that one.  I came in the living room ready to get my book and start reading it and my dad had decided to put on a very long movie.  That meant that I didn't get to read the book as I had to watch the movie instead. :(  I tried to tell my parents that it wasn't a good time to put on a long movie because I still had some things I needed to do and would end up missing part of it.  My mom said that I probably wouldn't miss much.  I know it shouldn't be a big deal but I felt like I had to put want I wanted to do on hold just because my dad wanted to do something else.  By the time the movie was over it was too late to start reading my book or find something I was really interested in watching.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #741 on: December 19, 2021, 08:48:52 AM »
I'm sorry, Pheasant :(

Thanks, Ponyfan. I'm a little confused about what you wrote. You had to watch the movie instead of reading? Why? Do you have mandated family time or something?

In any case, that would be frustrating.

--

I guess I'm feeling a little better. My throat feels fine and my eyes are little better today (so far). My head feels like it weighs 50 pounds though.

I'm mad at myself for getting a pizza yesterday. I shouldn't have done it. I wrecked my diet and I have plenty of food here, plus I only have so much in my bank account and I feel like I wasted the money.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2021, 09:26:49 AM »
I'm sorry, Pheasant :(

Thanks, Ponyfan. I'm a little confused about what you wrote. You had to watch the movie instead of reading? Why? Do you have mandated family time or something?

In any case, that would be frustrating.

My dad decided everyone should watch the movie and it didn't matter if you were planning on doing something else as he expected everyone to stop what they were doing and watch the movie.  It just gets to me sometimes.  If I did that, I'd be told I'm being selfish and shouldn't expect everyone to do what I wanted.:( but when he wants to do something everything else has to be put on hold to do what he wants.

Today I wanted to get the last of my Christmas gifts and cards done and also read my book.  Instead I'm having to help my dad set up the Ring system because he started it and then got about a third of the way in to it and decided that he needed my help.  I don't mind helping really but I am already having trouble with my sinuses and it's cold today.  Plus I really wanted to read my book today.

Ponyfan   

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #743 on: December 20, 2021, 09:37:57 AM »
Oh, I see. That's frustrating. Kinda sounds like my mom before her stroke.

I'm sorry you still can't read your book :( :hug:

---

My complaint is quite trivial - I'm drinking my last Dr. Pepper. I can't afford to buy more. There is some at my parent's house and I'll be there for Christmas eve and day and my EBT comes in on the 26th, so it won't be too long. I just hate running out.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #744 on: December 20, 2021, 04:13:56 PM »
My wisdom tooth is digging into my gum again.

Short history - because I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed but not my top ones, the ones on the top have had nothing to keep them in line and they're now at an awkward angle. And every so often the pointed edge of one digs into my gum below and makes it sore. And once its sore, of course,  the tooth is going to irritate it even more.

The solution is to remove the wisdom tooth, but possibly not during a pandemic. In the meantime, it's annoying.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #745 on: December 21, 2021, 07:30:28 AM »
My wisdom teeth are bothering me too. Well, not the teeth exactly, but the gums around them. They're shredded and sore. This happens every once in a while but I don't know how it happens. Maybe I grind my teeth in my sleep or something. It hurts to eat.

It's so windy today and earlier we were under a tornado watch. There were huge thunderstorms to the north and south but this area was in a clear pocket. I wish it would rain though to cleanse the air. Then I can open my windows again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 21, 2021, 02:50:49 PM »
My sympathies to all those with tooth problems - having two root-canals done within 18 months I know how annoying it is to have an uncomfortable mouth!

Crowns have settled down now & feel normal in my mouth, but it took a few weeks to get to that stage.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 22, 2021, 04:53:16 PM »
It's supposed to get up to nearly 80 degrees on my birthday.  :enraged: :sad:

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 22, 2021, 06:19:18 PM »
I've decided to skip out on Christmas with my family. Some of them have been spouting some cuckoo clock bs that's been driving me insane. I'm just gonna pretend to be sick or something.

Post Merge: December 22, 2021, 06:20:28 PM

I'm losing my job.  :cry:

Crossing my fingers you'll find another one very quickly. :hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 22, 2021, 07:45:30 PM »
Thanks guys. :hug:

After some thought, I've decided not to (immediately) seek out another job. I've worked food service through most of COVID, and I'm honestly tired of having to interact with the public. I'm tired of society's refusal to understand that the food, supply, and labor shortages are not our fault. Not to mention the snide comments, attention-seekers, and advances of creepy old men / college boys who express interest in me because I'm (usually) the only gal there. It'd be good to have a break...

Hope everyone stays safe, and have a lovely rest of December.  :lovey:

Mimic on MLPTP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal