collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75448 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2021, 07:11:43 AM »
My computer randomly started sending me the football scores.

In itself this isn't an issue, I follow football and do keep up to date with this stuff but...I'm not really sure how my PC knows which football team I support o.O. It did it last week as well as this, and so it's not coincidence, it got the right game both times. And also, I don't always want up to date scores as they come in, depending on the game or what else is going on. So...thank you, PC, but it's a bit much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 27, 2021, 07:30:10 AM »
POWER CUT!!! And no mobile signal!!! And my home is all electric!!! Last evening until after mid-day today. Home still warming up after it. Living room reeks of candles now...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 27, 2021, 07:36:41 AM »
POWER CUT!!! And no mobile signal!!! And my home is all electric!!! Last evening until after mid-day today. Home still warming up after it. Living room reeks of candles now...

That sucks! I read that there was some horrible weather going on up there!
We had some brief flickers last night, apparently my parents' tv turned itself off, but that was all so far. The wind has died down here a lot now but it was a bit mad last night. November has been generally nice but I guess it wanted to finish with a bang.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 27, 2021, 07:46:05 AM »

That sucks! I read that there was some horrible weather going on up there!
We had some brief flickers last night, apparently my parents' tv turned itself off, but that was all so far. The wind has died down here a lot now but it was a bit mad last night. November has been generally nice but I guess it wanted to finish with a bang.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 27, 2021, 08:06:25 AM »
Apparently a tree hit a train on our local branch line early this morning...

Spoiler

FOrtunately nobody seems to have been hurt but still, that's a bit scary. Worse if it went under the wheels though. Also some photos of trees down. We've been pretty unscathed in our immediate neighbourhood but I'm wondering about the forest and whether any of the trees have come down there overnight as well.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 27, 2021, 08:07:58 AM »
Glad nobody was hurt, but that must be so scary!!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #651 on: November 27, 2021, 09:53:43 AM »
Oh wow. Glad the tree wasn't on the tracks though.

--

I have an invisible bruise on my wrist. I can't see it but I sure can feel it. It hurts. It's on my dominant side too.

The children are playing basketball outside again, or whatever they play. There aren't any nets so I'm not sure. I just know the bouncing is annoying.

I've run into lots of homophobic and especially transphobic things on Facebook today related to the Grammys. Trolls who follow LGBTQ+ pages and then post nasty things in the comments. Some of the pages delete them but not all do. I know you should never read the comments, but, well, what else is there to read on FB?

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 27, 2021, 10:44:13 AM »
My computer randomly started sending me the football scores.

In itself this isn't an issue, I follow football and do keep up to date with this stuff but...I'm not really sure how my PC knows which football team I support o.O. It did it last week as well as this, and so it's not coincidence, it got the right game both times. And also, I don't always want up to date scores as they come in, depending on the game or what else is going on. So...thank you, PC, but it's a bit much.

My computer started doing that too. 

I'm glad no one was hurt when the tree fell on the train.

Long rant ahead.   :argh:

It's raining right now.  My area needs the rain but due to my asthma I can't be out much in damp weather.  Right now even walking by the sunroom door makes it difficult to breathe due to how wet it is outside.  I have plenty of things I can do inside but nothing seems to be want I want to do right now. :sigh:

I wanted to watch some anime Crunchyroll earlier but my parents were in the office/study doing things they needed to do.  I know I can always watch it later but I couldn't find anything on TV that I wanted to watch.  I usually use my headphones when one of my parents is also in there if I am streaming but I didn't do that this time since they were working on stuff.

My dad is still going on about Netflix. He bought a Smart TV for my mom as a present and he complains that we don't use the smart features as much as he thought we would.  Part of the problem is that it is hard for all of us to agree on something to watch together.  I can find a lot of stuff that I want to watch on Netflix but it's stuff that my parents aren't interested in. 

My dad also found some movies on Netflix using Google and set his expectations about them so high that he ended up being disappointed in the movie. 

I also can't convince him that Netflix doesn't keep the same shows forever. He still talks about a show that he saw on Netflix at my aunt's house and how "it's not the same as your Netflix" even though it is.

We can't get through a single day without my dad bringing up politics in some way.  I'm so tired of hearing it for over a year now.     

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #653 on: November 28, 2021, 07:40:59 AM »
Um?? So I bought groceries the other day and they were delivered without a problem. But on the Walmart website it said my order was delayed. After about 2 hours I contacted customer service in the chat and told him I got my order just fine. He said he sent an alert to the store and it should be fixed soon.

Just now I got an email from Walmart saying they are refunding my order :blink:

I... don't know what to do. The good person in me wants to contact them again and say it's a mistake but on the other hand, I mean, free groceries...

This is a complaint because now I'm super nervous and anxious and feel like I've done something bad :(

--

edit: omg I found some moldy leftovers in the fridge and thought if I ran it under water it would dampen the spores - WRONG! - a cloud of spores came off it when the water hit. I covered my nose and mouth and tossed the whole container in the trash instead. It's in the air now though and probably on my clothes and skin. Luckily, there is no humidity but now I have to rewash the dishes in the strainer and wash and dry my coffee pot.

Plus, since I have asthma and am short of breath most of the time due to my COPD, I'm slightly panicking. That's not going to help and I'm trying to keep calm but UGH.

DO NOT put mold under running water!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 10:52:48 AM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 28, 2021, 04:13:15 PM »
Doing art for someone for their birthday, and it seems every five minutes they want an update/just want to chat. Like bruh, do you want your art done by the time you’re old and grey or do you want it before your birthday?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 28, 2021, 04:35:31 PM »
Trying to work on carving/sanding a custom blythe  but my image of the face plate isn't matching with the reality. Was getting too frustrated by it to keep working today.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #656 on: November 29, 2021, 05:30:04 AM »
The mold got me >.< I have bad chest congestion and my eyes are watery.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 29, 2021, 05:41:37 AM »
so dry... keep getting a bloody nose...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #658 on: November 29, 2021, 07:59:13 AM »
i hate that companies are starting to send promotional texts in addition to daily emails trying to get me to spend money. i'm just tired of consumer culture in general.

i'm having one of those days where i'm just annoyed in general and wishing to move into the woods.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 10:06:35 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 29, 2021, 10:32:35 AM »
I had to schedule a mammogram today.  It's next week and I don't want to do it.   :pout:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal