collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76457 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #555 on: November 04, 2021, 08:08:48 AM »
Maybe this is a sign of my age, but I'm fed up with people who don't read stuff.

Can I join your club, lol :D  This also includes people who reply to your email but don't bother answering all the questions you asked...

Btw they already fixed the lights, yay!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #556 on: November 04, 2021, 10:20:33 AM »
Maybe this is a sign of my age, but I'm fed up with people who don't read stuff.

Can I join your club, lol :D  This also includes people who reply to your email but don't bother answering all the questions you asked...

Btw they already fixed the lights, yay!

Ugh, yes, you can, and those people too. Especially when they get your name spelled wrong.

I do have this problem a lot, because my name has a different from usual spelling. However...it's not just that sometimes they default to the regular spelling, they also occasionally give me a common nickname based on the regular spelling, which a: doesn't work for my name and b: excuse me? You barely know me and you're giving me a nickname of your choice?

...It's just rude.

Glad they fixed the lights, Griffin!

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #557 on: November 04, 2021, 10:36:08 AM »
People usually have to ask how I pronounce my name, because there are three common ways to say it. When someone doesn't ask first and just assumes, it's annoying and I have to correct them. I've had a few teachers in my life that would use the wrong one. I think they did it on purpose.

--

New complaints.

My windows are open and today is landscaping day. My allergies are going to be terrible later.

My groceries are delayed and have been for 2 hours. I don't know why Walmart would be super busy? It's too early for Thanksgiving and Black Weekend (since it's not just Friday anymore). Unless they're short on drivers maybe? I dunno.

Eczema is super bad today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 04, 2021, 11:22:00 AM »
I've lost count of the amount if times my last name has: been mis-spelt, been mispronounced, made people stare at me, been an object of ridicule, etc.

Like, I get it, it's not Smith or Jones, but it isn't THAT difficult. Just say what you see & you're golden. There are some surnames with pronunciations quite different from what you expect, & then, there are the Irish names. My last name is neither; it's just uncommon.

And yep, in my case there are two types of rules: ones which everybody should read because specific, & ones everybody should expect of a courteous, friendly & PG area. Like, I'll always assume spamming, trolling, isms, excessive swearing, & references to illegal or NSFW acts are huge nopes unless told otherwise.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 04, 2021, 11:36:43 AM »
Yeah, I had teachers and managers who "refuse to use nicknames" not realizing that what other people use as a nickname is my REAL name, on my birth certificate and everything.  My parents said if they wanted me to be called that "real" name they would have named me that name.  For example, if my name was Jenny, they would insist on calling me Jennifer.  I actually had a teacher threaten to give me detention because I refused to answer to it.  I told him to go ahead and "Jennifer" would show up but since my name wasn't Jennifer I wouldn't be there. 

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #560 on: November 04, 2021, 02:55:57 PM »
omg this day started out fine but as the hours pass, things keep getting worse :mad:

My groceries are STILL delayed. They are going to come when I'm already in bed, I just know it.

Allergies did indeed act up as the day went on, my eyes are so itchy and I'm getting a headache.

I ordered a pizza. The tracker online said it was delivered. Maybe it was, but not to me! I called the store and they are making my order again. By now I'm really hungry and I don't like eating so late.

Some :censor: dude was parked out here talking to another dude and their pot smoke was wafting into my windows. I wouldn't mind if I actually wanted to smell like a skunk. Turns out, I do not. They're gone now thankfully and took their smelly weed with them.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #561 on: November 04, 2021, 03:08:30 PM »
BC, that sucks. It's always annoying when you have to play the waiting game for stuff to be delivered or fixed. It feels like such a waste of a day.

On the name subject...yeah, had all of those. My last name isn't even that hard and people struggle with spelling it as well. I remember in class once at school a supply teacher just looked at the register and said, 'I'm sorry, I don't know how to pronounce that.' Which of course amused my classmates...

I had one physics teacher every year I was at that school (that's 5 years in the UK) and he never managed to master the short version of my name. At the time absolutely nobody used my full name, in large part because nobody could pronounce or spell it right, and even my parents always call me this short.

...So when he called my full name, my friend would have to elbow me. I'd never know he was talking to me.

There was also the one time as a primary school kid that the headteacher/class teacher who took every opportunity he could to pick on me over stupid petty things decided to punish me for writing my full name on my spelling book, instead of the short name. I mean, true, I never used the full name in school, but who was he to tell me what name I was or was not allowed to write on my books? It's my name!

My PhD was submitted under my full name and at university I used both names. I've come to accept my real name now but yeah, it's been a difficult path.

There are too many people in our society whose brains have an autocorrect function. But imagine having the arrogance to 'correct' the spelling of someone else's name...

When I was teaching, and when I worked as a learning support assistant, I learned my students names, how to spell them, and how to say them, on day one. And that was that.

I had a Taiwanese flatmate in my first phd year, and she never let anyone use her proper name (which was chinese) because people couldn't pronounce it right and thus gave it completely different meaning. But I could pronounce it and so she let me call her that. I felt very proud :D

But yeah. People. Just a general complaint really. People.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #562 on: November 04, 2021, 03:41:13 PM »
Ugh yes with nicknames it can be so annoying. Beth is my nickname and it's what i go by. it's the nickname my parents gave me and what everyone calls me. If you call me Elizabeth i will probably not answer.

but what really gets to me is when people see my full name Elizabeth and take it upon themselves to give me one of the many nicknames for Elizabeth. Liz is a fine name but it is not MY name. I generally introduce myself as Beth but i've had people at jobs or recruiters try to just pick a nickname. and ugh it's not my name. I have a very common last name that has 2 popular spelling variants and people always try to use the less common spelling for some reason.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #563 on: November 05, 2021, 07:10:13 AM »
It's rainy, grey and chilly, which I love, but my joints do not >_< I'm old :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 05, 2021, 03:42:55 PM »
It's sunny but "unhealthy" outside today. :sigh: at least it's cool. i love cool weather.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 05, 2021, 04:12:43 PM »
I spent my entire 8-hour shift at work shifting books on the shelves so that the maintenance people can take down the racks and set them up in our temporary location.  BUT apparently the librarian whose collection I was shifting didn't like the way I was doing it because it wasn't the way HE came up with to do it.  So after about 2 hours of shifting (and clearing out 16+ racks to be taken away) I started doing it his completely inefficient way.  So now we have 24 more racks for them to take, but it could have easily been 32--in fact clearing three rows of shelves would give them the other 8 sets of racks but we will have to shift AGAIN to get those racks. I wish he had just let me do it right the first time.  I am not shifting again.  When they need help to do it the second time I am going to tell them that I tried to get him to let me do it the best way the first time and his consequence is that now someone else will have to finish it.

Oh, and the Library Director told the maintenance people that my way was better...

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 05, 2021, 07:32:22 PM »
My last name can also be a first name and a lot of people will call me by it without realizing that it isn't my first name.   

I've been running out of room to put things in my room.  My dad decided to put a new shelf in my room while I was at work today.  He moved a lot things around in my room and it really bothers me that I'm not sure where some of my stuff is in my room right now.  I know it's all there but it still bugs me.

I got my flu shot today and my arm is sore.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #567 on: November 06, 2021, 06:22:30 AM »
My last name is also a first name. It becomes a small issue in waiting rooms, because sometimes me and someone else will stand up. I always have to ask "first name or last name?" My last name is also incredibly common but some people still ask how to spell it, or they don't ask and then leave out the second letter.

I reluctantly turned my A/C on last night. It wasn't hot but the humidity was 100% and I was feeling sticky and everything in the house felt wet. It's actually only 61 degrees out right now. I saw some people with coats. I'd like to keep enjoying the fresh air and coolness, but the humidity is still 100.

Three days ago I use a foot peeling mask for the first time. It said to wait for a few days after using for the peeling to start. So far my skin feels tight and like plastic but no peeling. I'm impatient and wonder if it's going to work at all. It was a mask by Dr. Scholl's so I would think the quality would be good.

My cat won't eat her breakfast and keeps bugging me. She fell in love with a specific type of food (gravy centers) so I bought two cases but I still have her previous favorite (touch of cream) about half a box left. So I gave her the cream today and she's not happy. I know if she's REALLY hungry she'll eat it, but for now she's protesting having to eat her former favorite food.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 06, 2021, 07:52:10 AM »
Refrigerators are way overpriced right now. maybe there will be some deals soon.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 06, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
I have a huge welt on my arm from the flu shot.  That's normal for me though.

My dad has been really cranky lately and argues about almost everything.  If you tell him that the sky is a pretty blue he might just tell you that it's green.  He's very sensitive and never lets go of a grudge if he gets offended by something. 

My dad pulled in to a parking space and was quite close to another car.  He thought there was enough room between them for my mom to get out but after my mom got out of the car and my dad decided to park closer the lady in the other car got out and starting yelling at my dad for parking so close (I was afraid that it would upset him but he didn't hear her.) 

The lady then followed  my mom and I in to the store and said in a loud voice "You hit my car 6 times with your door!" 

Neither one of us wanted to stay in the store after that.  My dad says that he doesn't think the cars touched.  I don't know if they did or didn't touch as I was sitting in the back on the driver's side.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal