collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75462 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #480 on: October 06, 2021, 08:28:08 AM »
It's October but it's supposed to be in the 90s the new few days.  :enraged:

Same. (do you live in Florida?) The humidity is coming back too. It's been very dry with a low dew point for a couple of weeks but they said "expect summer nights!" which means it's going to be sticky and miserable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 06, 2021, 09:53:58 AM »
My co-worker's cologne (which I have complained about for years) is giving me a headache today.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 06, 2021, 06:27:04 PM »

Same. (do you live in Florida?) The humidity is coming back too. It's been very dry with a low dew point for a couple of weeks but they said "expect summer nights!" which means it's going to be sticky and miserable.

I don't even live in Florida, I live in Oklahoma, where we are at least supposed to have some resemblance of fall. It's supposed to get up to 95/96 on Friday.  :enraged:

This is OCTOBER. It is FALL. Seriously, I hate living here so much. Miserable place, for many many reasons.

|My Collection|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #483 on: October 06, 2021, 06:49:27 PM »

same here. it's cooler in the morning but highs in the 90s. June was cooler :(

I don't even live in Florida, I live in Oklahoma, where we are at least supposed to have some resemblance of fall. It's supposed to get up to 95/96 on Friday.  :enraged:

This is OCTOBER. It is FALL. Seriously, I hate living here so much. Miserable place, for many many reasons.

Same here. highs in the 90s. June was cooler :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #484 on: October 07, 2021, 01:56:41 AM »
Oh wow. I didn't realize it got that hot in OK. That's higher than our temps are going to be, we'll be in the low 90s but with the humidity it'll feel hotter. I saw a new predictive map for climate change, it's supposed to be the most accurate to date. The biggest changes are going to be the NE coast and the along the Great Plains. They say the best spots to live in the US to avoid the harshest effects of climate change are from where I used to live (because of course it is); Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan will still have four discernable seasons, including Upper Michigan, which is a cheap place to live. But you gotta watch out for sinkholes. In my "lottery fantasies" my goal is to move there, or somewhere in mid Wisconsin. Florida is too hot, has too many bugs that can kill me and hurricanes (AND sinkholes, tornados, fires and flash floods plus "Florida man").

--

My complaint is I woke up at 3:30am gasping for air (I was on my back, which is a bad position for me) and then I had a coughing fit. I was also really thirsty, so I got up and then realized I was pretty much wide awake - so here I am! It's almost 5am now and I'm thinking of making some coffee and just staying up. I can always nap later, I've got a Zoom meeting at 2pm but that's it. I have the slightest headache too.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 07, 2021, 07:04:19 AM »
Oh wow. I didn't realize it got that hot in OK. That's higher than our temps are going to be, we'll be in the low 90s but with the humidity it'll feel hotter. I saw a new predictive map for climate change, it's supposed to be the most accurate to date. The biggest changes are going to be the NE coast and the along the Great Plains. They say the best spots to live in the US to avoid the harshest effects of climate change are from where I used to live (because of course it is); Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan will still have four discernable seasons, including Upper Michigan, which is a cheap place to live. But you gotta watch out for sinkholes. In my "lottery fantasies" my goal is to move there, or somewhere in mid Wisconsin. Florida is too hot, has too many bugs that can kill me and hurricanes (AND sinkholes, tornados, fires and flash floods plus "Florida man").

Yeah... Florida is miserable. I would be so depressed living there.

I have tried to convince my parents to move to Michigan (I don't want to go without them, and also I can't really be fully independent with my lack of ability to drive and all), but they don't like that it's not a true blue state. I understand but I think that's irrational when we live in one of the most red states in the nation. At least in Michigan we could move to Lansing or Ann Arbour and be in an actual blue county/city. There are absolutely no areas like that in Oklahoma.

The fact of the matter is that it's the only logical move from where we live with our finances. I'd love to move to New England, but I don't want to be stuck in Oklahoma forever just because we can't afford to move to the best area. I'm very much a settle for something better but not perfect kinda person. Michigan is that happy medium, IMO.

I'm probably biased because climate is also very important to me (obviously) and Michigan would be so nice.

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 07, 2021, 07:07:14 AM »
Super trivial complaint this morning.

I've been experimenting with UV resin (and will soon be trying out 2 part resin) and when I touched the piece I was curing to see if it was done, it left a fingerprint because it wasn't quite there yet on the side I touched.   :art:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #487 on: October 07, 2021, 08:24:00 AM »
Yeah... Florida is miserable. I would be so depressed living there.

I have tried to convince my parents to move to Michigan (I don't want to go without them, and also I can't really be fully independent with my lack of ability to drive and all), but they don't like that it's not a true blue state. I understand but I think that's irrational when we live in one of the most red states in the nation. At least in Michigan we could move to Lansing or Ann Arbour and be in an actual blue county/city. There are absolutely no areas like that in Oklahoma.

The fact of the matter is that it's the only logical move from where we live with our finances. I'd love to move to New England, but I don't want to be stuck in Oklahoma forever just because we can't afford to move to the best area. I'm very much a settle for something better but not perfect kinda person. Michigan is that happy medium, IMO.

I'm probably biased because climate is also very important to me (obviously) and Michigan would be so nice.

I was excited when we first moved here, because residents get big discounts on the attractions. But we never go. My niece does, with her friends, and took my sister (her mom) with her once to Universal. I've always wanted to go to Halloween Horror Nights and Busch Gardens, but I also don't drive (never have) and have no local friends. You can also catch a cruise from Miami to the Caribbean for like 25 bucks and stay for the weekend *sigh*

I'm really lucky to live in a blue area. Yes, they exist in Florida! That's one of the few things I don't have a problem with. This area has a really great LGBTQ+ community which is good for me, but like above, I've hardly gotten to go to anything. I did get to attend one Pride fest and parade in 15 years. If I was in better health, I could walk to the park where a lot of cool events take place, it's only 2 miles away. But, I can't.

Michigan is really nice. I've stayed in Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo. Both nice places. Sorry your parents are being stubborn.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 10, 2021, 01:06:06 AM »
My dad's angiogram turned out okay.  His dr told him to keep wearing the heart monitor for another week.  This week he will send the monitor back to the company.

I'm really annoyed with my dad right now. He's been having trouble sleeping lately and when he decides to get up he turns on a bunch of bright lights which either wakes me up or makes it hard for me to go back to sleep.  A little while ago he turned on the kitchen light (that one isn't so bad since it doesn't shine in my room) the super bright light bar (because he needed to plug the heart monitor and sensor in) and my parents bedroom light.  I understand he needed to see to be able to plug the monitor and sensor in but he left the light bar on after that.  Now I'm wide awake and he's gone back to bed.  When I have trouble sleeping and get up I don't turn on all the lights and wake everyone else up in the process.  I know he doesn't do it on purpose but I'd really like to be sleeping right now instead of up so early. 

I ordered some things from Amazon and got a notice that something had shipped.  When I checked, only one of the items I ordered is included.  I know that Amazon sometimes sends multiple items in separate boxes but usually all of my items ship together. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #489 on: October 10, 2021, 04:09:32 AM »
Sorry Ponyfan, my sister used to do the same thing. It got to where I actually had to move my bed to escape the lights at night. I'm glad your dad's angiogram went well.

My complaint is the old standby - freaking fruit flies!!! ARGH I thought I was rid of them for good. I haven't had any problems or seen any in weeks. Now all of a sudden today I go to take the garbage bag out of the kitchen trash and they started climbing up from the bottom of the bag! They found something to breed in which is VERY suspicious because I don't put food in the garbage and I rinse all cat food cans and other containers. The only thing I can think of is egg shells? You can't put those in the garbage disposal, but I even rinse those off! And I thought used coffee grounds were an insect repellant? Apparently not for fruit flies.

So now, I don't know how many, have erupted into the open. I put fly tape back up by the sink and caught a few already. The complexes pest control is doing my building the 12th. I'm going to bring it up to them along with the ant problem (yeah, they are still cropping up every once in a while too). I'm glad my only pest problems are those two though. For everything you can get in your house around here, fruit flies and tiny ants are pretty tame. Annoying as all hell though.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2021, 09:29:14 AM »
i broke another food thermometer
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #491 on: October 11, 2021, 12:29:51 PM »
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My insurance switched over the 1st. The bigger, yet inferior company absorbed my company (they are all part of Medicaid but have different services - it doesn't make much sense). And now this new insurance is screwing me all up. I've got five referrals that are no good because they don't take Sunshine Health when before the 1st they would have taken Staywell. So now I have to call my doctor's office - which, btw, is NOT the doctor listed on my new card, I had to call and order a new with my proper PCP on it - and tell them, oops, you need to find different doctors because Sunshine Health sucks.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 11, 2021, 03:08:44 PM »
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My insurance switched over the 1st. The bigger, yet inferior company absorbed my company (they are all part of Medicaid but have different services - it doesn't make much sense). And now this new insurance is screwing me all up. I've got five referrals that are no good because they don't take Sunshine Health when before the 1st they would have taken Staywell. So now I have to call my doctor's office - which, btw, is NOT the doctor listed on my new card, I had to call and order a new with my proper PCP on it - and tell them, oops, you need to find different doctors because Sunshine Health sucks.

I hate how crappy my insurance is, too.  I have to pay for part of my "free" annual physical because my insurance doesn't think my doctor should be checking my kidney function.  It doesn't matter that I have a family history of cancers that cause reduced kidney function.  Why would I want to know if my kidneys are shutting down before they actually do?  The insurance people seem to think an emergency room visit with emergency dialysis/kidney transplant is going to be cheaper than a routine check every year.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #493 on: October 12, 2021, 01:06:00 AM »
The more I read about American health insurance the less I understand how anyone accesses medical care over there. I think my head would explode if I had to try and figure it out.

Although right now over here I'm not overly pleased with the NHS and the delays to the vaccines for people like my Mum. She spent some time yesterday reading the GPs the riot act over it. Apparently when she phoned on Friday whoever took her call decided that they wouldn't bother passing the message as they misunderstood what she was asking about...

So we're still waiting.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 12, 2021, 06:18:57 AM »
It's windy and going to be wintery soon!  BLEHHHHHHHH
Also I hate coming back to the office after a long weekend. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal