collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75504 times)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #450 on: September 27, 2021, 05:42:43 PM »
Man, I don't know if it was just the stress of the day or one of the shots I got, but something has given me a massive headache. Because of the shots (pain, steroid and muscle relaxer) I'm afraid to take anything else. Usually, I'd use ice but I used it for my back and it sat out all night and needs to refreeze.

So I guess I'll just sit here in the dark for a while.

edit, a few hours later: My headache is mostly gone, but now I can't sleep. I want to know how I can get a muscle relaxer but still have restless legs? I've been having a bad time with RLS lately, usually it's not this bad. I think it's connected to my back, maybe? Like, the nerves? Or something? :huh:

I'm so tired  :zzz:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 09:13:44 PM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 28, 2021, 02:20:17 PM »
Thank you Taffeta,  My dad saw both the GP and the cardiologist today.  The cardiologist is making him wear a heart monitor and have a nuclear stress test done.  Maybe will we know more then.

I've been having a lot of trouble with my asthma lately.  I'm feeling a little better now though.

It took me an hour to order 4 containers of eyeshadow from a website earlier.   I was going to check out as a guest but the website recognized my email and wouldn't let me do that.  I had to reset my password and then go back, put the items back in the bag and checkout.   

I was looking forward to one of the new sets of Funko Pops that were just released but the one I wanted most of the the set seems to be the most popular one  and is already on backorder.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #452 on: September 28, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
my complaint is also tech related. my spotify app keeps crashing while i'm listening to podcasts.

this kind of stuff always happens when my phone get older. i got my iphone back in 2017 so it's fairly old but i don't want to replace it. i mostly use my phone to take photos of my dogs and listen to spotify. i don't see any reason to get a new phone. this get a new phone every year craziness is so wasteful.

also i'm starting to sound like my dad with my complaints about consumerism. and how things don't last forever. it's very disturbing. i don't know who i am anymore. i need to get out of the house!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 28, 2021, 04:37:44 PM »
We're having pasta again. :sigh:  Out of the last 6 meals I've eaten 3 of them have been pasta.  I usually like it a lot but not when I have to eat it over and over again.  I had scrimp scampi  with angel hair pasta for lunch yesterday and when I got home my parents decided they wanted to make spaghetti.   They said angel hair pasta was different than spaghetti.   Tonight my mom suggested ravioli and I told her that I didn't want it.  My dad started getting out the stuff for macaroni and cheese.   

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #454 on: September 29, 2021, 01:27:49 AM »
This is a bit of a silly trivial complaint but whatever.  Feel free to laugh at it.

So yesterday I was minding my own business reading in my room when suddenly there's this mass panic from downstairs. Banging on the window and then suddenly Dad appears at the door telling me to close my own bedroom window (that wasn't open) because there was a squirrel in the grape vine.

Our house has a massive grape vine at the back that was planted when we moved in, and it basically covers the whole back of the house between the bottom and top floors. This year it's grown more than usual and some of its branches trail down almost to the ground between the kitchen door and the patio doors. Squirrels are also not uncommon here; we live not far from forestland and they're often in the garden, but usually on the bird table.

The next thing I know Mum is outside in the rain with a big stick trying to shake the vine to get the squirrel to leave.  Dad also then went out with a stick to discourage the squirrel. Well, it rained grapes and leaves for a bit, but I suspect the critter had already long gone.

...They weren't trying to hit the squirrel though, just scare it away.

I never saw a squirrel at all. The only person who did was my Mum. No squirrel came near the upper floor, and there wasn't a window it could've got into anyway. I suspect if it was there, it came for the grapes, since Dad keeps saying he wants to pick some this year, but in typical Dad style, hasn't got around to it.

So there you are. Yesterday both my parents got themselves in a tizzy over a squirrel who may or may not have climbed up the vine and was probably long gone by the time they went looking for it.

Sigh.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2021, 09:17:16 AM »
That's actually a pretty funny story, Taff :lol: Sounds like typical parent things, haha. One time there was a dove in the garage and despite the door being open it refused to fly out. My dad decided to recruit me and a bedsheet to "push" the bird out the door. I was like, it probably wants your bird seed. Just put a pile in the driveway. But nope! We had to get that dove out with the sheet, darn it. It did work though, and the dove was gone... until the next day when it did the same thing :lol:

My complaint today is my ears. They feel very stuffy and hurt slightly. I noticed it yesterday but figured it was allergies since I went outside while the landscaping crew was here. It still might be allergies. My sinuses feel fine though and my nose isn't stuffed up. It's just my ears. It's real annoying.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 01, 2021, 08:51:19 AM »
My friend invited me to sell stuff at a craft sale with her again.  I am going to do it but I don't expect to sell much (if anything) because the audience might not be right for my crafts.  (If someone is looking for a "Welcome" sign in Dutch, they're not going to spend money on a fandom inspired art piece.)  And the last time I did a sale with her one of the other vendors (who had outrageously priced "found" wood pieces that she had painted "Welcome" on in cheap paint) told me that I would sell more if I put "Salt Lake City, UT" on my stuff because then it would be a "collectable".  I am not destroying my designs with a tacky city name.  If people want that they can actually GO to Salt Lake (I am not from there and wasn't selling there at the time, either) and get a cheap, overpriced souvenir at the mall or airport.

My mom said that maybe I need to adjust my prices to the audience.  So instead of pricing my work based on the value of my skill and time I should price it like a garage sale and lose money just because I'm surrounded by people who aren't interested in my art style?  I hate how people devalue artists and their work.  :rant:

If you want a crappy piece of mass produced garbage, go to Walmart.  If you want a one-of-a-kind art piece that nobody else will ever create (and I will likely never create again as I do not tend to reproduce my own work) then you pay the asking price.  My prices are not unreasonable and cheaper than Etsy so I'm not going to change them.  And if you think you can do a better job than me, go ahead.  I'm not stopping you.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:54:26 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 01, 2021, 12:24:22 PM »
I'm sorry that happened to you Pokeyonekenobie.

I feel like the world is crashing down around me.  My dad had his nuclear stress test yesterday and a little while ago the drs office called and said he has to have an angiogram next week. 

I had a routine medical test today and I'm still a little store from it. My mom said she knew exactly where the place was but the hospital has added new sections and rearranged things since the last time she went there.  We stopped at one part of the hospital but it was the wrong section and we had to go to the right part 

I have a fear of being trapped in an elevator between floors and  we had to take the elevator to the correct floor.  I usually do better when there's someone else in the elevator with me but maybe because I was nervous about the test I was more stressed about the elevator. 

It rained while I was getting my test done and on the way back to the car my foot slipped in the parking lot on the pavement.  I didn't fall though. 

My online friend that I met in person in July is visiting her family again this week.  I was hoping that we'd be able to see each other again but it doesn't look like it's going to work out this time.  I've been trying to be a good friend and not put pressure on her to visit me while she's close by so I haven't mentioned meeting her this time.  It's been a shorter visit than last time and she also doesn't have her car with her.    I'm a bit disappointed that we won't be able to meet each other this time. 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 01, 2021, 03:09:38 PM »
:hug:  I'm sorry your appointment was stressful.  At least now it's over.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #459 on: October 02, 2021, 06:58:28 AM »
I'm sorry for both of you :( :hug:

I don't like elevators either. They trigger my vertigo really bad.

--

A can of biscuits came flying out of the fridge at me this morning. It had exploded and there is dough everywhere. I've been slacking on chores and was going to do them all today and now I have to add clean up dough to my list. It wasn't an old can but it was Wal Mart brand.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 02, 2021, 07:37:13 AM »
:hug: ponyfan. I'm fine with lifts (elevators) but more so when I'm not stuck in them with strangers, weirdly. Seems my phobia is not being stuck in confined spaces, but being stuck in them with people. But when I worked at the college I used to have to travel in a tiny lift that was prone to breaking down with one of my wheelchair students in case he got stuck and I needed to summon help, so I guess I became immune. That said, we had one at my uni campus that broke down often and I never set foot in it, not even if I had to go up four flights of stairs and use my inhaler at the top.

Hope your check up results were worth the stress. With your Dad, it sounds like they're on the job and that's good.

My Dad was at the hospital yesterday for a check on his legs. I went with him as it's nice to get a walk,. Except of course it tipped it down as we were walking up. It rained on me most of the way back, though luckily it had stopped by the time he walked back as his brolly broke en route. Mum wanted to go to town to get her medicine this morning and I kept telling her it would rain on her. She insisted she was going but ended up coming back after 5 minutes because it was raining...

The last lot of plants I orders was dispatched on Wed, but still haven't arrived. Plants in the post are time sensitive and I worry about them. I'm sure it is probably related to the petrol pump idiocy.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #461 on: October 02, 2021, 08:39:54 AM »
My friend invited me to sell stuff at a craft sale with her again.  I am going to do it but I don't expect to sell much (if anything) because the audience might not be right for my crafts.  (If someone is looking for a "Welcome" sign in Dutch, they're not going to spend money on a fandom inspired art piece.)  And the last time I did a sale with her one of the other vendors (who had outrageously priced "found" wood pieces that she had painted "Welcome" on in cheap paint) told me that I would sell more if I put "Salt Lake City, UT" on my stuff because then it would be a "collectable".  I am not destroying my designs with a tacky city name.  If people want that they can actually GO to Salt Lake (I am not from there and wasn't selling there at the time, either) and get a cheap, overpriced souvenir at the mall or airport.

My mom said that maybe I need to adjust my prices to the audience.  So instead of pricing my work based on the value of my skill and time I should price it like a garage sale and lose money just because I'm surrounded by people who aren't interested in my art style?  I hate how people devalue artists and their work.  :rant:

If you want a crappy piece of mass produced garbage, go to Walmart.  If you want a one-of-a-kind art piece that nobody else will ever create (and I will likely never create again as I do not tend to reproduce my own work) then you pay the asking price.  My prices are not unreasonable and cheaper than Etsy so I'm not going to change them.  And if you think you can do a better job than me, go ahead.  I'm not stopping you.

Yes 100%. Be firm on your prices.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #462 on: October 03, 2021, 07:14:30 AM »
^ Agree.

Well, today I have a sore throat on one side. My ear is also bothering me more on that side. Last night my tooth was hurting, also on that side. I would think I had sinusitis or something but my nose is clear and my actual sinuses don't hurt. Well, they do when I push on them. Maybe I do have sinusitis.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 03, 2021, 11:25:49 AM »
I'm sorry you're not feeling well, BlackCurtains.  I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the hugs everyone :hug:  The tension continues to be high.  :sad:  My mom and I got in to it this morning over something that usually doesn't bother me but today it did. 

I'm usually okay in glass elevators since I can see out but one time on vacation right when the elevator hit the bottom floor there was a moment when I gasped because the glass part was completely covered up. 

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 03, 2021, 03:55:42 PM »
So another amusing adventure in the world of Taffeta's parentals.

No, not another squirrel.

So my Mum bought some things from a charity recently - Christmas cards and other stuff, some things she is hiding away so I don't know if they're presents or whatever. But among this she bought a bag for herself as well.

We quarantine post still, so today the box came out of quarantine. Mum opened it and could not find the bag. She and Dad thought it had got lost in transit, because the box had been open a bit when it arrived.

...Except it wasn't open when it arrived. Dad opened it with his craft knife because Mum wasn't sure what it was and wanted to check it was the parcel from the charity. I remember this whole episode in really stupid detail, but neither Mum nor Dad remembered this happening.

So after spending much of the afternoon persuading them that I wasn't the one who was confused, and that if the bag was missing, it must just have been missed out of the order...Mum found the bag. Turned out it was  folded up inside something else and so she had missed it.

...So Mum has her bag, and I got to say "I told you so."

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal