collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75453 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2021, 04:53:05 PM »
Our local GP sometimes makes no sense.

So I've had some issues with my ear for a few weeks - not sure why, but I asked the nurse at my asthma review a couple of weeks ago and she said if it continued to bother me to call up and see a doctor. So I did that yesterday...and they insisted I see another nurse, despite already having seen one. She was able to give me something for that, but I had some other stuff to ask about and the nurse again decided I needed to see a doctor...so I had to go back and wait for a call today...and then go today as well.

I don't like going to the GP, and twice in a week is annoying. Made worse by the fact I hate phone stuff, and they were all like, well, tough, that's how we do it at the moment.

...Lovely to have such autism aware medics :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2021, 07:24:29 PM »
ugh i'm starting to get the pony buying big again. we're buying a house so i can't spend money on ponies right now.

i feel like i'm such a flaky collector. my collection grows then i decide i have too many ponies. I sell off a large part of my collection and swear i'm done only to get the bug again. i love the hunt but prices are so much higher now than they were back in 2010 when i started this.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2021, 07:15:08 PM »
It's 10PM and I really want coffee. Coffee usually doesn't make me wired, but sometimes it can. Does it really matter when I sleep? Not really. So I should just make some darn coffee, right?

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2021, 03:07:50 AM »

I don't like going to the GP, and twice in a week is annoying. Made worse by the fact I hate phone stuff, and they were all like, well, tough, that's how we do it at the moment.

...Lovely to have such autism aware medics :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was wondering how some folks were feeling about the phone triages that the GPs have to do now.

My Mum was very nervous & felt great anxiety when speaking to folks on the phone (unless they were good friends, and she could chat till the cows came home!) and often she would ask me to call on her behalf, she would then speak to the person to confirm her identity then give permission for me to continue with the call on her behalf, in her presence, on loud-speaker.  Otherwise she would panic and go between stammering & rambling, to the point where she was not understandable. Yep, she was an extreme example, so I have big sympathy for people who don't feel happy using phones.

The whole back-and-forth speaking to this person, then another, having to repeat what you said to the other person... it just adds to the frustration.  Then finally seeing someone in person, repeating the whole saga again... and being told to call for another appointment... not the best use of time & resources!

Might I add, some of the phone skills out there... it takes a patient & calm person to deal with calls from folks such as the hard-of-hearing, the elderly etc. I have often overheard such calls & cringed inside at the lack of empathy.

The GPs are still muddling their way through this pandemic, trying their best to keep services going but in the most covid-safe way they can.

I called my GP recently, after a long wait I got through at 11:45; the receptionist said all the morning bookings were full & to call again after 12:00, when new booking slots would be opened on their system; I couldn't just wait on the line until 12, I had to call again to grab my afternoon phone slot.

It was both ridiculous & sad, but hey, it was the only way to do it. I am hoping things will improve!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2021, 06:59:55 AM »
I get anxiety when I have to make phone calls too.  I've gotten better at it if I'm calling a friend but I still get a bit nervous then also.

I finally got my inhaler sorted out but it took 3 phone calls.  Two to the pharmacy and 1 to the drs office. 

I think one of the smoke detectors needs a new battery.  It has been chirping for the last couple of days.   It's been disrupting my sleep.  As I was writing this post it stopped.  My dad must have changed the battery.

Ponyfan   

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
Thanks guys. Glitterball, sounds like you were a good advocate for your mother :)

My mother often helps me with making phone calls and such. They were also doing phone assessments for PIP, but for some reason I didn't end up having an assessment this time around, I think because of having the tribunal award in my favour. But I remember the DWP did at least (amazing for them) ask whether it would be a problem, and mum sort of asked whether it was necessary given that I'd had the tribunal and that the last assessment they got everything wrong. Oddly they never called back and I got my award...my mum is an amazing phone advocate.

BUT with the GP you kind of have to talk to them. I'm just annoyed that I had to make 2 trips because I didn't get to see a doctor straight away even despite what the nurse said. And this is completely ignoring the battle to get my emergency inhaler, which also involved phone interaction. On the positive, being able to wait outside the surgery (how they are doing it right now) and then being called in by the nurse/doctor is a lot less stressful. I hate the waiting room because it's full of people, and there's always background noise like radio which is really triggering. But outside is a lot nicer. And I also get disorientated inside buildings as well as not being able to navigate outside. Our GP has a long corridor of rooms, having the doc/nurse take me to the room and then direct me out is much nicer than having me find it on my own.

So all in all I suppose it's better in one way and worse in another. Still annoying though :(

I think a lot more people are uncomfortable on the phone than people realise or give credit for these days. For me I find it hard to think on the spot and gather my thoughts...you guys all know I'm not concise, because I'm hyperverbal. People tend to know about nonverbal as a thing but not so much hyperverbal, so they figure if you can talk, you're fine with communicating ideas to someone else. And it means that sometimes I struggle to get the important information over to another person. At least when I'm writing online I get to edit and revise (although yes, it's horrible when people make fun of you for writing long posts in this world of two words and an emoji content), but when it's direct speech, that's harder and I often forget important things...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2021, 02:20:43 PM »
i just accidentally started a facetime from a group text. it was an update from our home builder so it included a number that i didn't know. if it were a group text with just friends i wouldn't care. i don't think anyone answered but it took me several minutes to figure out how to close it. i took several screenshots on accident while trying to close it. i've never felt older in my 38 years of life. hopefully they just thought it was a pocket dial. i build web apps for a living and tech still kicks my butt sometimes. :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #307 on: August 16, 2021, 09:54:57 AM »
Money, money, money troubles.

Also, chronic fatigue troubles.

I'm broke and tired.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Shystar06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 16, 2021, 10:43:00 AM »
I ordered 12 sauce packets. You gave me none,  forgot the drink and almost double charged me for the latter.

You ain't worth $15 an hour, kid.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2021, 06:18:03 PM »
Not really trivial, but I don't know where else to put this, and I feel like I have to get it off my chest somewhere. I got diagnosed with cancer today.-_- I'm sad and scared, and I'm so, so worried for my kids. I'm itching to text or tell someone, but I can't bring myself to do it...I can't retract it once I let that kind of news loose.

On a brighter (almost mocking!) note, we got our loan approved to buy the property we have been interested in. So it's not all bad news...I might get my dream home someday if I can hang in there. Trying to stay positive!  ;)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2021, 07:25:23 PM »
Not really trivial, but I don't know where else to put this, and I feel like I have to get it off my chest somewhere. I got diagnosed with cancer today.-_- I'm sad and scared, and I'm so, so worried for my kids. I'm itching to text or tell someone, but I can't bring myself to do it...I can't retract it once I let that kind of news loose.

On a brighter (almost mocking!) note, we got our loan approved to buy the property we have been interested in. So it's not all bad news...I might get my dream home someday if I can hang in there. Trying to stay positive!  ;)

I am so sorry.  :hug:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2021, 09:13:56 PM »

I am so sorry.  :hug:

Ponyfan

Thank you Ponyfan. :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2021, 02:06:26 AM »

How scary!!! Honey, get all the info you need to on this. Talk to your docs as much as you feel a need to. If they offer support, take it. I don't know much about cancer myself, but it is not nice, & the treatments are unpleasant too.

And get that dream home sorted. Better to give yourself a little joy in this hard time.

Huggles & sharky snuggles xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2021, 06:15:39 AM »
I'm so sorry :( :hug: My sister was diagnosed earlier this year and it's been a rollercoaster, but she's beating it. You might be eligible for Medicaid and SSI to help you. They expedited my sister's case and she was approved right away. I hope things go well for you :hug:

---

My complaint is, sweet coffee, blech. I'm almost out of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch creamer I bought. Never again. The thing, is really good on it's own (and would be great with cereal, haha) but in my coffee it's just too sweet and has an unpleasant aftertaste. When I first started drinking my coffee black, I thought, how can anyone like this?! But I did it for health reasons and now I can't drink it any other way.

My eczema is breaking out all over my arm and hand. On my hand it's on my knuckles and it hurts so bad.

edit: The store was out of lettuce. Lettuce! Was there a recall I missed? How can you run out of lettuce. Like ALL lettuce... lettuce is a weird word.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 07:43:16 AM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2021, 10:28:03 AM »

How scary!!! Honey, get all the info you need to on this. Talk to your docs as much as you feel a need to. If they offer support, take it. I don't know much about cancer myself, but it is not nice, & the treatments are unpleasant too.

And get that dream home sorted. Better to give yourself a little joy in this hard time.

Huggles & sharky snuggles xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you PBW. Yes, I've been gathering information about this for months (I first suspected I had this 5 months ago; I just needed to get some life insurance affairs in order before I could go get an official diagnosis, and then once I was able to, they really drag the process out, quite frustrating is health care here in the states!), and I'm hoping I have enough facts to be able to make an informed decision about my treatment. Talked to the surgeon yesterday and he thinks I'm a good candidate for a lumpectomy and subsequent radiation, hopefully allowing me to skip the chemo unless he gets in there and sees that it has spread. So...crossing my fingers that I can get this out of my life soon. Then I can be excited about other things...like a new home. Thanks for the hugs! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Post Merge: August 17, 2021, 10:35:21 AM

I'm so sorry :( :hug: My sister was diagnosed earlier this year and it's been a rollercoaster, but she's beating it. You might be eligible for Medicaid and SSI to help you. They expedited my sister's case and she was approved right away. I hope things go well for you :hug:

---

My complaint is, sweet coffee, blech. I'm almost out of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch creamer I bought. Never again. The thing, is really good on it's own (and would be great with cereal, haha) but in my coffee it's just too sweet and has an unpleasant aftertaste. When I first started drinking my coffee black, I thought, how can anyone like this?! But I did it for health reasons and now I can't drink it any other way.

My eczema is breaking out all over my arm and hand. On my hand it's on my knuckles and it hurts so bad.

edit: The store was out of lettuce. Lettuce! Was there a recall I missed? How can you run out of lettuce. Like ALL lettuce... lettuce is a weird word.

Thanks BC. I never thought about looking into Medicaid/SSI. My son is on them due to a disability, but I didn't think of whether I could qualify for those or not. I'll talk to the woman who helped me set up his stuff and see what she thinks. I'm happy to hear that your sister is beating her cancer...I knew it wasn't looking good for a while. She must have so much going through her mind as she navigates this...I know I sure do. And I'm sure it's scary for you, too

I like the taste of that coffee creamer, too, but don't care for it (or any sweetened creamers, really) in my coffee. Too sweet! There's gotta be something it would be good on...I just don't know what.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 10:35:21 AM by LadyAmalthea »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal