collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76509 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2021, 02:03:34 PM »
I came soooo close to finally getting baby leafy on eBay but at the last minute someone swooped in and outbid me!  A tale as old as, well, ebay I guess
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
Sorry you got outbid on Baby Leafy.  I got outbid for a My Little pony charm once on Ebay and noticed the matching pin was also for sale.  The same person that outbid me for the charm also found the pin and outbid me on that too.

I'm really down today.  Maybe the stress of the week is catching up with me.  I'm so sad that I just want to hide in my room and cry.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »
:hug: Ponyfan

I have a headache today but yesterday I didn't have one, so I didn't go to the ER. I don't want to go over the weekend. Monday I'm going to my parents house. If I still have one by Tuesday, I'll go to the ER.

My downstairs neighbors dog has been barking all day. Last night, my other neighbor was making all kinds of noise and keeping me up. Hulu kept getting a connection interruption while I was watching it.

I still have fruit flies. I ran out of sticky pads for my vinegar traps. I'm having to double bag my garbage. I wish I could take my cat and go somewhere so I could set off bug bombs. It seems like the only way to get rid of them for good.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2021, 10:49:39 AM »
Thank you BlackCurtains.  :hug:

I hope your headache goes away soon.  My migraine on Wed was terrible. 

I told my mom that I wanted to do something today. She decided to clean today and as I walked in to my bathroom she told me that I had to finish cleaning it.  I ended up crying over that because I had to do what she wanted me to do instead of what I wanted.  I know it's a bit selfish to think that way but I couldn't help it.  :cry:

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2021, 02:39:43 PM »
Thanks Ponyfan, sorry you're still having a rough time :hug:

I didn't wake up with a headache! It was still there when I went to bed but it's gone now. I didn't sleep well though. It was very noisy in the neighborhood and sometimes I get nervous. I only have a deadbolt on my door, not even a knob lock or a chain or anything else. I bought a security bar that you're supposed to place against a door that opens inward but my door opens the other way. Still, it makes me feel better. I've always loved true crime shows but I had to stop watching them when I moved in here, they made me paranoid.

I feel guilty and stupid for making a purchase yesterday. I had second thoughts before I bought it but did it anyway. Today I'm really regretting it. It's not something I can return. The most I can hope for is being able to sell something of equal value and get my money back that way.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 08, 2021, 10:54:43 PM »
started making my snack under the grill. Decided to shred boxes while it cooked. Burnt the grill pan & set off the smoke alarm. Now have to put up with beep beep beep beep until it all clears by itself (don't worry no more smoke is being generated - it just needs to clear)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #291 on: August 09, 2021, 07:32:28 PM »
I got a cheese danish with my groceries last night and set it on the counter, not really looking at it. Tonight I got it and went back to my bedroom which is dark with the blinds drawn and only the TV on. I started eating it while watching TV and about halfway I glanced at it and saw a dark spot. I turned my light on and it was mold :X It had smaller spots of mold all over.

I ate half of a moldy danish >_<

The use by date isn't until the 17th, so I don't know why this one was so old, or maybe it was left somewhere hot and humid. Whatever. Gross.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2021, 07:30:47 AM »
Urgh, just got back from a scary drive...

driving home from town, my kid in the back. A van driver joins behind us at the traffic lights. On green, off I go, he sets off slowly but puts his foot down to "catch up" and drive quite close to me. 

We turn off down a narrow road, with parked cars along one side. We need to stop twice to yield to oncoming traffic, he had to too, but he ha to pull-in behind some cars. I get on to the main road, he follows and again speeds up to be very close to us. We turn right at a roundabout, so does he... I am beginning to feel followed!

Then, up ahead, I see a potential hazard that makes me slow down - parked cars on the opposite side of the road, a queue of cars yielding to me, but ahead of them a group of kids in high-viz jackets being coached by a cycling teacher on cycle safety. They are waiting.

Of course, I slow down and await visual contact with the teacher as to see whether he is letting his cycle students to pass in single-file, he thumbs-up me to let me pass on.

At that precise moment, I hear the brakes screech behind me. That dumb van driver, concentrating too much on tail-gaiting me rather than observing the road hazards up ahead! I shouted out a sweary. I was thankful that the road was dry & that he did not crash into us! We would have had plenty of witnesses to his stupidity, though. I drove slowly past the queue of cars, then sped up to the end of the junction.

In my rear-view mirror, I could see him speeding up to me again.

GIMMIE A BREAK!!!

I turn right - this eventually leads to a dead-end, unless he had business in that direction it would be unlikely that he would follow...  yet HE FOLLOWED....

Half way down the road, I was already making plans about parking opposite a neighbour's house (didn't want him to know where we lived) but then I suddenly see him slow down... I continue down the hill & turn off to our little side road, my kid kept a look-out for him while I swiftly parked up the drive.  No sign of him, phew!

But NO EXCUSE for him to tail gait me. Then the screeching brakes incident near the kids, smh... why are some drivers so wacko?????  >_< >_< >_<

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »
My computer is suddenly telling me that my USB must be formatted before I can use it.  Um...I've been using it for a couple of years.  At least I have a backup (and now creating a second backup for my backup) but is there any way to restore the files? It would be nice not to have to redo some of the work on there--it's not that much but still time consuming.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2021, 07:10:01 PM »
BlackCurtains, I'm sorry about the danish.  Sometimes my parents don't notice food is moldy until I tell them and even then sometimes they act like they think I am overreacting until I actually show them the moldy spots. 

Last week I checked with my my asthma drs office to make sure I didn't need to do anything since the dr retired suddenly and I needed a new prescription on an inhaler this month.   The staff assured me that they would take care of everything when I needed a refill.  I asked them if I needed to call the office or if I could just call  it in to the pharmacy like I usually do.  They said sending it through the pharmacy was fine so called in my prescription to be refilled yesterday. I haven't heard if it's ready yet. ( I usually get a text when it's ready but sometimes I don't)   I'm hoping maybe I just didn't get the text because I only have a couple of days left on my current inhaler.

I've had a weird headache most of the day. It's been on one side of my head and I felt a dull ache all the way down to my jaw.  Then it switched sides.  It hasn't been bad enough to for me to get medicine for it but I've felt the pain.

I heard a couple of strangers call my parents old today.  My parents were walking a little bit ahead of me and I heard the strangers say "That old couple." I know that my parents are getting old but it sounded weird to hear someone I didn't know say it.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #295 on: August 11, 2021, 04:25:44 AM »
Thanks Ponyfan. My dad is that way too. When I still lived with my parents, I was always checking the bread for mold, because my dad wouldn't see it and eat it anyway. If I pointed it out to him half the time he'd say 'that isn't mold!' Frustrating.

I've been drinking my coffee black for months now but I found some Cinnamon Toast Crunch creamer and wanted to try it. I tasted it by itself first and it's soooo good! When I put it in my coffee it made it too sweet, but I liked the cinnamon flavor. So now I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I should try it in Lipton tea?

edit for more complaints today: My eczema broke out on just my thumb and index finger knuckles. It really hurts.

There is something irritating in my ear :huh: I'm thinking it's a cat hair maybe, wouldn't be the first.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:35:08 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2021, 09:17:30 AM »
My computer is suddenly telling me that my USB must be formatted before I can use it.  Um...I've been using it for a couple of years.  At least I have a backup (and now creating a second backup for my backup) but is there any way to restore the files? It would be nice not to have to redo some of the work on there--it's not that much but still time consuming.

Well there is always the scary possibility that the USB drive is corrupted, those little USB sticks are far from the most reliable form of storage...

Are you using the drive on a new computer?

If not, you could open the disk utility on Windows to see if the data/files are even still on there (can't view them but it'll tell you if something's taking up space on it). That will also tell you what it's currently formatted as (If it's Windows it should either say FAT-something or NTFS). There are some third-party tools that might also be able to help you undo whatever the drive's come down with (EaseUS and MiniTool come to mind).

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2021, 10:55:34 AM »

Well there is always the scary possibility that the USB drive is corrupted, those little USB sticks are far from the most reliable form of storage...

Are you using the drive on a new computer?

If not, you could open the disk utility on Windows to see if the data/files are even still on there (can't view them but it'll tell you if something's taking up space on it). That will also tell you what it's currently formatted as (If it's Windows it should either say FAT-something or NTFS). There are some third-party tools that might also be able to help you undo whatever the drive's come down with (EaseUS and MiniTool come to mind).

It's my work computer but I've tried a couple of recovery options.  EaseUS found all the files but wants $70 to recover them so I'm trying out Stellar Data Recovery now.  It says it's all free so we'll see if they can find it and restore it for me.  I've already got a backup for my backup made and I'll be doing another one once I get another USB this afternoon.  The stuff on this file is my Artwork for work (117 GB of images) so I'm planning to put it online (because of things like this) but I have to be able to access the files first.  I've been telling my boss for years that we can't rely on the USBs not to fail so maybe now she'll listen to me.  I can fix the artwork I had done again using my backup, it's just time consuming so if I don't have to, I'd rather not.  Since I'm working the desk instead being in my office this morning I can run the programs and this afternoon I can see if it worked.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2021, 03:04:44 PM »
My phone keeps telling me I no longer have enough cloud storage space for it to keep a backup of my phone's data in the cloud.  I've tried deleting screencaps  my phone to see if that would help but I still get the message that there isn't enough storage. 

I've been really down lately.  I want to cry a lot over little things that shouldn't be making me cry.  :cry:  Today I didn't even want to look someone in the eye because I was afraid they'd see that I was trying to blink back tears. 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 13, 2021, 03:37:35 PM »
I really hate the computers at work.  I think they're cheap and the city would do well to invest in something that actually works!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal