collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75563 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2021, 01:56:36 AM »
I've been arguing with my GP about inhalers as well. I had one for allergy related asthma in the past, but they've been refusing to give me one because I couldn't be reviewed when I first raised the issue. Hopefully I can resolve that this week.

My complaint is my bedroom door. The catch broke a couple of weeks ago...and it's still broken. Dad is going to fix it but right now it's being held shut with a wedge and a folded envelope. It's really irritating.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2021, 03:11:37 AM »
Really feeling the loneliness and isolation of the past year right now as I'm starting to really miss my hometown on the other side of the country, which I usually... well... hate is such a strong word... but I certainly don't like it there. Lol.  :blink:

I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a short trip back there to visit my parents for a week or two, but as I went to look up train schedules, I found that half the journey has to be done via a replacement bus, which is bad enough because I get carsick easily, but also there's no pets allowed on the bus. I'm bringing my birds with me, so... I guess there just aren't any travel options for me right now.  :( So unfair.

Wishlist

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2021, 08:43:03 AM »
My headache has gone away :) ...but my stomach hurts now :pout:

My cat is almost 19 and she can't bathe herself like she used to. When she tries she just makes mats in her fur. Her belly is covered in them because that's a spot she can still reach easily. Today she let me brush some out and cut some others out with scissors, but there is still a lot of them. Her tail is really dirty and greasy too so I've been trying to wash it gently with a damp towel. She lets me do it for a few minutes but then gets annoyed. She loves water and in the past has jumped in the shower with me, but I can't give her a full bath. She's so thin (only 4lbs) I would be afraid she'd catch pneumonia or something. I know they sell bath wipes for cats, maybe I should try some.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
Poor cat getting old xxx You're doing what you can to make her happy & comfortable, & that's all you can do xxx Hope the cat wipes work xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2021, 08:25:24 AM »
I said no thank you to a carrying tray at McDonald's when I went to pick up coffee this morning,  and then proceeded to spill hot black coffee on my arm and burn myself when I was trying to carry every thing in the house.   The warnings on the cup don't lie - it's hot!  >_<

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #275 on: August 02, 2021, 05:26:03 PM »
Woke up with another headache that is clinging to life. I'm about to go lie down with an icepack on my head.

I'm almost out of lens cleaner for my glasses. It's Prince & Spring brand and it's the best cleaner I've ever used. They are out of it on Amazon. Boxed sells it, but I'm not signed up with them (I know they have it because that's where my mom originally got it, and gave me a box). I hate to sign up to something new just to get one thing but my mom keeps forgetting to buy some more.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2021, 07:22:40 PM »
It's only Monday evening and I feel like everything that could go wrong has.  It started with a storm early on Sunday.  Usually I don't like thunderstorms because I am sensitive to loud noises but this thunder was actually pretty soft and I didn't mind it too much because it reminded me of white noise. 

When I got up I noticed that the phone line was showing that it was active even though no one was using the phone.  I checked to make sure none of the phones were off the hook but the line was still showing active. I told my mom and she starting checking the phones even though I just did.  I thought the phone line had been fixed because the phone rang once in the afternoon but around 6 it showed active again.  It stayed that way all night and this morning.  My mom called the phone company this morning and they were able to restore the line.

I felt horrible yesterday, most likely due to the weather. I've felt a lot better today though.

I get in the car and noticed it was making a strange noise.  My mom said she didn't hear it so I turned off the AC and radio and told her to listen.  She continued to say that the car was fine and not to worry about it even though I kept telling her that the car doesn't make that sound.   When I got to a large parking lot she told me to stop (she didn't even give me time to pull in to a parking space) got out and noticed one of the tires was flat and had a piece of metal in it.

My dad had to come and change the tire and take it to the tire shop.  The tire couldn't be repaired so the car needed new tires.

A couple of hours after that my Internet went out while I was streaming.  Normally that wouldn't have been such a big thing but on top of everything else it felt like another thing that went wrong.

Then my dad misplaced one of the car keys.  He found it after a a few minutes though.

I got a bit lightheaded earlier tonight but I think it was due to all of the  stress today.  I hope tomorrow will be better.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2021, 12:45:57 AM »
Hugs to all of you having a bad time  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2021, 02:17:27 AM »
:hug: to everyone.

Ridi, I kind of know how you feel. I'm stuck in the area I grew up in right now, since COVID made a temporary stop with parents a lot more long term...

Now I hate being stuck here, and want to go back to London, but the logistics in the COVID situation make the idea of going back to London imminently overwhelming and annoying. I am happiest when I'm in London, but to live there will mean working full time which I have never done successfully in my whole life (my brain can't deal with more than around 25 hours without taking a serious toll on my health).

The idea of being stuck here forever is really grim. I don't hate the area but there's just nothing here except my parents. I rely on buses for independence, COVID has made that tricky but even in normal times there are 8 buses a day here- compared to many many buses in London.

I had a taste of freedom and I feel like COVID took that away. But going anywhere right now is awkward because of the unlock and the continued risk at the moment...

So I can't even go and do a visit.

It's just going to take me a lot longer to readjust to post Covid and the long time in hibernation than I expected it would...but it's really frustrating.

My sister has only been able to come home sporadically since COVID began. I think one of my worries about trying to move back south is the possibility of being stranded and unable to come see parents.

It's just a difficult situation for so many people even if the pandemic does start to wane. It's realising the long term damage...and working out how to rebuild from it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2021, 03:00:21 AM »
Oof, that's harsh, Taffeta  :sad: My situation was similar in the first few months of the pandemic - I happened to be with my parents in my old hometown when it broke out for real and was stuck for several months. I ended up having business in the capital that made me have to leave eventually, but being stuck here is a huge improvement to being stuck over there as there are reasons I prefer to live in a big city. But it does get very lonely.

Wishlist

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
Another day, another headache :pout: I haven't had this problem for a while. I don't know why it's happening again. The only thing I can think of is that I turned my thermostat up to try and lower my bill. I sleep with a 20lbs gravity blanket that I even put over my head. Since the temp is higher, I haven't been using it because it gets too hot. Could the blanket on my head make a difference? I don't always wake up with it where I put it when I fell asleep so I don't know... seems kind of weird. It's the only thing I can think of though... except maybe the weather? Maybe it's the temp change? I don't know but it's highly annoying.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2021, 03:06:44 PM »
Thank you everyone,  Yesterday was a better day but today hasn't been great.

Last night I got wound up right before I was ready to go to sleep. Eventually I went to sleep but it was less than I usually get.  I've been really tired all day.  I took a short nap this afternoon but it didn't help much.   Now I've got a migraine.  I took some Aleve for it but it's still there.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2021, 07:59:06 PM »
I was headache free for a couple of hours today but it came back. I'm thinking of going to the hospital. It's been... 6 days? I had a headache last 7 days once, and ended up going to the ER. I had irritated a nerve that runs along your shoulder, in your neck and to the top of the head. They did a CT scan, because of my brain surgery history and since I still have an implant in my skull. They ended up just giving me some IV meds and pain killer.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2021, 11:01:06 AM »
I have an interview just after lunch but I don't think I can actually eat lunch...   :freak:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2021, 02:22:17 PM »
I have an interview just after lunch but I don't think I can actually eat lunch...   :freak:

Good luck :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal