collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75464 times)

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2021, 05:36:00 PM »
Some of the plants in my garden are dying. I'm not sure if its because of the 100 degree heat or I'm not watering them enough or what. Its frustrating taking so much time to tend and plant and not get anything in return.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
Someone has been idling a motorcycle on the street for like an hour. I can hear it through the closed windows. At first, since it's a low hum coming from the same direction as my computer, I thought it was a drive or a fan in my PC case. I'm glad that's wasn't it, but the humming-vroom-vrooms are becoming quite annoying.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2021, 11:57:41 PM »
My biggest sleeping bag, which I've been putting off laundering for an age, is JUST too big for the machine. It was struggling to turn as it went through the wash cycle. So put a stop to that, drained the water, took it out & now relegated to hand-laundering it (translation: a pole moves the thing around) in the bath. Note to self: never buy a sleeping bag that big & heavy again. Better a thinner one & big duvets than breaking my washing machine...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2021, 09:41:32 PM »
An Associate Librarian position has come open in-house and I'm torn about applying for it.  I want to move up but I really enjoy what I'm doing now and probably won't be able to do it anymore if I get the job.  And then there's the fact that the director has someone in mind for the job (if they apply for it) so there's a chance that I won't be given a fair shot anyway. 

But as Wayne Gretzky said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

There are times that I wish things were like Futurama--you are assigned a job and that is what you do for the rest of your life.  (But then I'd probably rebel anyway!  :P)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2021, 06:10:30 AM »
We are still having trouble with flies.  I suggested the apple cider vinegar trap to my dad but he said "he heard that didn't work" and still wants to to burn citronella candles in the house.  I've tried to talk to my mom about my worries about burning them due to the asthma but she doesn't seem to be taking my concerns seriously.  So far my dad hasn't been able to find citronella candles.

My eczema is breaking  out and  I have some kind of bite right in the middle of the the eczema.  I've always been sensitive to insect and spider bites even when I was a child.  They always swell up really big. This one isn't too bad but it's really itchy and it's hard not to scratch.  I also have excema breaking out in an unusual place.

I want to complete my current diamond painting but I'm on a large section of purple and black so it's hard to stay motivated for long working with just those 2 colors.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2021, 06:53:18 AM »
Burnt my finger on my hot glue gun and it is a mess :( my bandage adhered to the wound, and I had to soak it off this morning. I now have a non-adherent dressing on.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2021, 08:42:27 AM »
Ponyfan - That really sucks that your dad said that. The traps work and work very well. Sorry about everything else too.

My carpel tunnel is really bad. It hasn't hurt like this for a long time. I'm wearing my best brace and that helps a little, but I think I'll need to wear a night brace for a while too.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »
We are still having trouble with flies.  I suggested the apple cider vinegar trap to my dad but he said "he heard that didn't work" and still wants to to burn citronella candles in the house.  I've tried to talk to my mom about my worries about burning them due to the asthma but she doesn't seem to be taking my concerns seriously.  So far my dad hasn't been able to find citronella candles.

Ponyfan

I've always had really good luck with the cider vinegar traps...it only costs pennies to make them, too! I don't think the citronella would work in the house very well, the flies would just move to another area of the house. It doesn't kill them or anything, just repels them, and they are already in there! Plus they burn kind of dirty...probably wouldn't be good for your HVAC system.

My complaints probably aren't that trivial today, but I'll just sum it up by saying I'm worried about some medical tests I have to have tomorrow.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2021, 01:01:39 PM »
Thank you BlackCurtains and Lady Amalthea.   My dad is a good man but once he gets it in is mind that something doesn't work it's very hard to change it.

He still goes on and on about politics everyday. We still can't make it through a meal without him bringing it up.

I feel like nothing is going right today.  My parents and I went out to a restaurant and the service was horrible. I know restaurants are short staffed right now but that's not reason we had bad service.  When our food came ,the order was wrong. After my parents told her that the order was wrong she stopped coming to our table to refill drinks and check on us.  I watched her go to the other tables in her section multiple times while she deliberately ignored us. My dad was the only one to get a refill on his drink and that was before the food came.  When she brought the ticket she put it down on the table and said "Here's your ticket." The ticket was also wrong and my parents had to fix it at the cashier stand. 

I wanted to buy a fun item at the store but it was sold out.  I had opportunities to buy it but decided to get it today and they were gone.

Pinkkittywinks, I'm sorry you burned your finger with the glue gun. 

LadyAmalthea I'm hoping your medical tests go well.

BlackCurtains I'm sorry that your carpel tunnel is bad today. 

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2021, 06:31:27 PM »
Thanks, Ponyfan. The brace makes it feel better.

My new complaint is a bad headache that won't go away. I tried taking medicine and caffeine, tried lying down with an icepack and now I'm back in the living room sitting up and drinking water. It's been going for about 3 hours now. It doesn't feel like a migraine right now, just a bad headache, but it might turn into a migraine if I can't get it to stop hurting.

My stomach hurts too. I need to lose weight so I had a salad and some crackers for dinner. My stomach has a hard time digesting raw veggies, so it's in pain now. I ate the crackers hoping they would help a little and they probably are, but it still hurts. It really sucks when you're a vegetarian and can't eat vegetables without problems.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
I need to fix an issue we're having at work but nothing i tried worked. hopefully i can figure it out tomorrow. :huh:

Lady Amalthea, I hope everything goes well. sending happy thoughts
Black Curtains, I hope you feel better
Ponyfan, my dad is super stubborn too.
pinkkittywinks, i hope your burn heals quickly.

:hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2021, 05:44:10 AM »
Found out that wave three of Barbie BMR1959 has been cancelled by Mattel because they want to keep doing Barbie Extra, why can’t they mixed both together then people will be happy.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2021, 12:59:47 PM »
Job hunting is sucky. I apply here, here and here, and then they shove me onto stupid search engines that shove every job except the one I'm trying to apply for, in my face. So that i accomplish almost nothing, and put in maybe 3 applications within an hour. Why are they like that?

It sure makes me miss the days when I could go in and apply with pen and paper.

Everyone is hiring,  and yet I've had no luck whatsoever.  I'm so frustrated.  :cry:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 01:01:33 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2021, 02:35:46 PM »
Weird, I thought I posted here today? Hmm.

Well anyway, my motivation today is at negative 50million. I need to clean the bathroom, do some dishes and put some stuff away in the pantry and I just :drunk:

Also, I still have a headache. It never really went away, just moved around my head. My teeth and eyes hurt now and the rest of my head has a dull throb. I just took some more medicine. My poor liver.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2021, 07:49:09 PM »
@Leave a Whisper :hug:  I've put in some job applications too and haven't heard back yet.  It is really frustrating.   

Black Curtains I hope your headache goes away soon.

I saw something so disgusting in the grocery store today that every time I think of it I feel a little nauseous.  I won't go in to details but it was item that should have never been put out for sale.  I'm actually pretty shocked that no one noticed it as it was very obvious.

I've been having trouble communicating with my parents today. The first time happened this morning.  I was waiting to put something in the trunk and my parents got in the car without unlocking the trunk for me.  After waiting for a few minutes it became obvious that they weren't going to unlock the trunk.  When I got in the car my mom asked who I was talking to and I told her that I had been asking if they were going to unlock the trunk.

My dad starts talking about not wanting to take the time to unlock the trunk because he was annoyed about a silver car parking next to him and wanted to leave quickly.  Trying to agree with him I said that I didn't realize that he couldn't unlock the trunk then.  After that he said that he could have unlocked the trunk but didn't want to. :dizzy:

Today I got a letter that my asthma dr has decided to retire. I'm a little annoyed at the situation because I just saw him a couple of weeks ago and he didn't mention his retirement to me then.  The main reason I went to see him was because I was running out of refills for one of my inhalers.  The letter said that a new dr is taking over his practice  I'm not sure what's going to happen with my prescription as usually I just call the pharmacy when it's out and my asthma dr gives me refills to last about 6 months.

I was trying to talk to my parents about this and my mom would say one thing "The old dr probably has a prescription refill on file" and then another "You might have to go see the new dr to get a refill even though you just saw the old one."  I hope I will not have to see the new one for a while because the insurance paid less than $25 on my last visit and it makes me feel that that visit might have been pointless if I have to see the new dr so soon.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal