collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75489 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »
put cold vinegar on skin with a facecloth.  let evaporate.  repeat.

The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2021, 09:22:17 AM »
It's so hot outside that the pests on my gooseberry bushes are erm, not doing well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want pests on my gooseberry bush and I have been removing them anyway but...I really don't like dead bugs. And these...are not pretty. Let's leave it there.

Also my corydalis is such a wimp. It got well watered and yet within a matter of hours it was wilting from the sun. It's now sitting in water in the shade. Tsch. Bear in mind this is my third attempt at this plant, the first two having died in transit and died for some unknown reason over winter despite being hardy.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »
My groceries are late :mad: Usually someone will call if they're going to be late or in one case early. I hope they get here before it rains again...

Also, I have a huge welt on the back of my hand from something. I vaguely remember smacking it on... my desk? maybe? trying to shoo a fruit fly away from me. I didn't think I hit it that hard but the lump is pretty big! It hurts if I press on it (so don't do that).

Alsox2, I'm playing a Steam port of a mobile game called My Singing Monsters. It's really cute and funny and I'm enjoying it... or was. It's a Pay to Win game, being a mobile export and I just can't justify dropping 25 bucks on it to get some coins so I can upgrade my castles and get more monsters. Sure, the monsters generate coins but at paltry sums (unless they are high level... which costs snacks and coins to feed them). At least I can live vicariously through other player's islands.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 22, 2021, 11:37:40 AM »
Every time my family receives a gift, it seems to always end up costing me money somehow. Like say, a gift card for an activity that I wouldn't have done in the first place, but it's only enough to take one child, but I have to take all 3 kids (or pay for a babysitter!) and pay for the other 2 plus myself to do it.

This time my twin daughters each received a doll for their birthday. One of the dolls was one we already had, and I knew it came from Target, so I tried to exchange it without a receipt. Well, it must have gone on clearance, because they only wanted to give me $7.90 for it. It was going to cost $24.99 to get a different one from the same line. So I had to just buy one out of pocket so they each had one...gone are the days when the girls were young enough not to know the difference! I just wish people would respect my wishes when I request 'NO GIFTS PLEASE'.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2021, 01:06:55 PM »
Popped briefly in a little pawn shop for a quick browse (10 seconds!) then tried to leave... a guy on his phone was blocking the exit; every time I moved forward (trying to stay socially distanced) he stopped to carry on with his convo.

The guy standing nearby at the till was calling out to him to move his a** (as he could see what was going on)

In the end I called out "excuse me, I am trying to get out!"

"So am I" he grunted, seemingly annoyed that I should dare interrupt his most important call and hurry him on his way... no apologies for blocking the way at all...

what a grumpy, rude man. I usually try to stay classy and go on my way with dignity, but honestly, I was *that close* to shouting out a naughty sweary at him. Thank goodness I was wearing a mask, I was silently mouthing all sorts of insults at him!!

Seriously, he was so self-entitled, it was pathetic!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2021, 04:04:26 PM »
Suuuper trivial complaint: I can't make decent roofs for houses in the Sims even after watching multiple roof tutorials. I wish Sims 4 had auto roofs like Sims 3 does.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2021, 04:19:08 PM »
Suuuper trivial complaint: I can't make decent roofs for houses in the Sims even after watching multiple roof tutorials. I wish Sims 4 had auto roofs like Sims 3 does.

I haven't played in ages, but my technique is mostly, "if it covers the rooms then it'll do" xD.
I generally just plunk something down and extend it to cover space. I'd never make an architect.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2021, 07:35:44 PM »
I am exhausted.  I work up at around 3:30 this morning and didn't go back to sleep until around 5-5:30.  At 4:30 I got up and got on my computer for a while hoping that would help me relax. It worked and I eventually went back to sleep but I've been really tired for most of the day.

I bit in to one of my blood pressure pills while I was taking it and it was really bitter. I could still taste the bitterness even after taking a couple of drinks of water.

Not really a complaint but my mom read somewhere that bars of Irish Spring will make flies goes away because they don't like the scent.  Now we have fresh bars of soap sitting on the kitchen table.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2021, 08:46:31 AM »
I haven't played in ages, but my technique is mostly, "if it covers the rooms then it'll do" xD.
I generally just plunk something down and extend it to cover space. I'd never make an architect.

Same. I've been trying to make a cottage with a wrap around covered porch. I can do one side, but unless the house is a square, I don't know what to do about the other half. That said, I did figure out how to make skylights.

Not really a complaint but my mom read somewhere that bars of Irish Spring will make flies goes away because they don't like the scent.  Now we have fresh bars of soap sitting on the kitchen table.

Regular house flies are attracted to apple cider vinegar just like fruit flies are. I caught one in one of my traps. What you do is get a container, like a jar or a cup and put in some vinegar and a little bit of dish soap. Cover the top of it with something, plastic wrap works well, and tape it down or wrap a rubber band around it to keep it tight and poke a hole the size of your index finger in the top. The flies can get in but they can't get out.

--

And my complaint for today is I'm very dizzy and shaky. The dizziness I can deal with as long as I don't try to shower but the shakiness is annoying me. My eyes really hurt too.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2021, 12:44:05 PM »
I'm super creeped out right now. I just finished leaving a review for an item I purchased at Target, and when I was done it asked me if I would 'review these other items I had purchased recently'. Several items showed up that I purchased in-store back in February...but I paid CASH for them. Sure, I had to put my email address in to be able to leave the review, so I do have a Target online account, but how did it know I bought these particular items? Facial recognition at their self-checkout? Recognizing the tracking chip in my phone when it had close proximity to the checkout at time-of-purchase?!?

I'm so tired of technology constantly invading our privacy.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2021, 04:57:31 PM »
I opened my window last night because it was too hot and now I'm having issues with my allergies (stuffy/runny nose and mild sore throat).  Thank you, smoke from wildfires nowhere near me...

ETA: I hate that the smoke makes the sky look overcast, promising rain, when it's really just a big lie!  I want rain...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2021, 05:55:17 PM »
Man, there is so much going on with me right now. I have multiple medical issues going on all at once and am taking 4 additional meds for treatment. I feel awful. I'm so tired I just want to sleep. One thing I have is a bad sinus infection and my throat hurts but my ears hurt even more. Especially on the left side which is the side I sleep on. They hurt and are so itchy! I don't have an appetite. When I sleep I have nightmares. One was about my cat and I woke up crying :(

At the moment, I'm forcing myself to eat some crackers and cheese. With so much medicine I'm taking I can't have an empty stomach but I'm not enjoying it. Feels like a chore. And I love cheese. My head is starting to hurt again too.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2021, 02:00:04 PM »
The constant heat and smoke exposure is finally starting to get to me. I feel so sick and stressed.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2021, 04:24:22 AM »
We're up for an entire week with rain where I live, according to the forecast. We've had a dry period for a while so I can't really be too mad about it, but I really wish mother nature could like, pick a day or two every week for it to rain instead of letting it pour down an entire week...

Wishlist

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
Trivial  complaint - a shortage of Lipton lemon iced tea.

I must have driven to 5 stores today - shelves empty.

Poundland (of all places) had the 500ml bottles though; grabbed 6!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal