collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75456 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2021, 09:39:17 AM »
the world is just depressing today.

Also flies keep getting into the house. my dogs get stressed out trying to chase them. though it's kind of adorable when they work together to catch a bug.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 10:38:26 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2021, 06:16:20 PM »
I sliced my hand open in a lobby today while dealing with paperwork.  I felt the papercut and knew it was a samurai sword slash.  DX
 So I excused myself, said I forgot something, rushed outside. Then I sliced my thumb on the same hand, while trying to get into my car to get to my first aid kit. 
So then I'm flinging bloody sanitizer all over my car while I frantically try to wrap band-aids around my still-bleeding fingers.  Somehow I manage to wipe all the evidence off onto a convenient t-shirt in the backseat, just in time for the receptionist to be standing at my elbow.  "Can I help you?"  UH NO I'M GOOD THANKS

Owwwwwwwwwwww...  sanitizer hurts.  cuts hurt.  band-aids make it near-impossible to use my computer mouse properly.  I was in the middle of a sewing project ARGH >.<
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2021, 07:47:09 PM »
I got a shot of pain killer today and I slept for 6 hours when I got home. Of course, when I woke up it had worn off so I took some Excedrin for my head. See, this is what I hate. I'm in pain all the time, but if I get something to really work for it, it puts me to sleep when I really need to do things. There's gotta be a heavy duty pain killer out there that doesn't knock you out. I'm shocked I slept so long. I kept looking at my phone thinking the time was wrong. Yes, I'm complaining about getting good sleep :P I would have rather stayed up and gotten some things done around the house I can't usually do without intense pain.

Unfortunately, my doctor can't prescribe pain meds you can take home, just shots in the clinic. Better than nothing but still feels like a waste I slept through it.

edit, the next day: Wow, am I sore where I got the shot. Ouch!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 07:00:18 AM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2021, 10:51:12 AM »
I'm wondering why it is the entire local area seem to feel the need to get the same early bus as I do whenever I attempt to avoid crowds by going in early.

My parents never have this issue. Just me.

Although I probably won't be going anywhere for a while now, anyway.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »
I'm wondering why it is the entire local area seem to feel the need to get the same early bus as I do whenever I attempt to avoid crowds by going in early.

my pet theory is that everyone else will also try to get there early. so to avoid the crowds I try to get a late start. and i end up getting there on time. it really annoys my partner but i swear it works.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2021, 12:32:48 PM »

my pet theory is that everyone else will also try to get there early. so to avoid the crowds I try to get a late start. and i end up getting there on time. it really annoys my partner but i swear it works.

Well, our bus is hourly and there are only 8 each way in a day :/ It splits off onto another route which adds some options but it's a bit limiting.

The thing is whenever parents take the early bus it's quiet.

When I do it, everyone is travelling...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2021, 07:41:46 PM »
It seems to always happen to me too.  I try to keep my distance from others in stores and it seems every aisle will be deserted except the one I'm interested in. 

I got the bill from my dr visit today and my insurance paid less than $25 on the bill. The total bill was more than I was expecting.  :shocked:

I bought something for myself and I feel guilty for doing so even though I have no reason to. 

I found some Babybel cheese in the fridge that was well past its best buy date.  My mom said that it was still good but I took a couple of bites and it tasted bad. :yucky:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2021, 10:46:24 PM »
Walking my bicycle in the front door I caught a tire, on the metal plant stand near the front door.😱 I heard the air hiss out, when I checked thought I can't find the puncture. Seriously?! Tomorrow morning I'm going to inflate it and try to find the spot. The nearest gas station sells tires so hopefully it's an easy fix.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2021, 06:46:37 AM »
I posted a picture of an item in  my other (non pony) collection on Facebook.  Someone loved it and asked where I got it.  Before I had a chance to tell that person where I got the item another person commented where to buy the item and that "they were way too expensive."  I felt that last part was really rude.  I that person had been complaining about the price of the item in another group we both have access to but this was on my own page.  :( 

Ponyfan   

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2021, 10:37:06 AM »
I'm on the third day without my main antidepressant. I'm starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms. I get them really bad.

Tomorrow I'm going to call the clinic and tell them I need my medicine. My doctor who usually prescribes it is out and has been for a while so she can't authorize a refill. I needed two meds refilled, the other is my thyroid medication.

But I feel so weird today.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2021, 02:18:44 PM »
I posted a picture of an item in  my other (non pony) collection on Facebook.  Someone loved it and asked where I got it.  Before I had a chance to tell that person where I got the item another person commented where to buy the item and that "they were way too expensive."  I felt that last part was really rude.  I that person had been complaining about the price of the item in another group we both have access to but this was on my own page.  :( 

Ponyfan

Wow, that is super rude. Does FB let you delete people's comments if they are made on your page? I know they didn't used to years ago (I found out the hard way when some rando made an inappropriate comment on one of my wedding photos regarding one of my bridesmaid's anatomy, and I had to take the whole photo down to get rid of it, but that was over a decade ago), but maybe things have changed. I don't use fb anymore so I'm not sure.

My trivial thing is that I'm so sick of my hair. I know I'll never cut it, since at my age I doubt it will grow back out the same, and it grows super slow, but I'll still complain about how heavy and hot it is.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2021, 10:07:45 PM »
My 13-yr-old nephew (who is staying with us for the summer) was camping this week with the church youth group and didn't put sunscreen on his legs when they went out on the lake the last morning that they were up there.  He now has 2nd degree burns all over his legs (which the group leaders started treating as soon as they realized what had happened--we're not blaming anyone--it was an accident and he had sunscreen, he just thought he didn't need it because it was overcast!).  One of the blisters is the size of an egg!  Poor little guy is taking it pretty well but I feel so bad for him. He can't even walk to the bathroom.  My dad or I have to carry him.  At least he's light enough for me to still carry around!  Last night my friend suggested a remedy to help him and my parents were all "No, we don't want to try anything experimental tonight" and today my mom was talking to a nurse that we know from church and she suggested the same remedy.  But my dad talked to a surgeon from church (he worked on my knee a couple of years ago) and decided that what the surgeon said was the right way to handle it so we're doing it his way and not even considering the remedy suggested by multiple people. 

And then, because I stayed home from church with my nephew while everyone else went, we watched The Goes Wrong Show (which he thought was really funny).  When my parents got home, they asked what it was and I told them.  My dad said he'd never heard of it even though I tried to get my parents to watch it a couple of months ago and they said it looked boring!

ETA: He wanted me to help him set up a Pokemon Go account but because he is 13, I couldn't just add him to my Pokemon Trainer club account as a child (like it let me do for his younger brother) because 13 is the cutoff where they have to make their own accounts because they no longer require parental permission.  Then it wouldn't let me use the same email address for him because apparently each email address is assigned to one person, like a social security number. and everyone automatically has an email address the day that they turn 7 so him not having one because his parents don't think he needs one is apparently an oddity.  Fortunately my dad let us use his email so we were able to get him started tonight but it took us way longer than it should have.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:14:48 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2021, 01:10:57 PM »
I hope your nephew is feeling better Pokeyonekenobie.  Some of the worst sunburns I've had have been while in water

I ordered a couple of items from Amazon on Saturday.  I know they don't usually process weekend orders until the next business day but it seems like this order is taking longer than the others I recently made.  Part of my impatience is probably because I need to order something else also but I am trying to wait until the current order has shipped before I place another one. 

I had to deal with the neighbor today. The first thing she said to me when she got in the car was "Are you awake back there? You're so quiet"  It really annoys me when she says stuff that like. Sometimes I am quiet around her but it's because I'm thinking about something else or trying to figure out what to say around her.  She loves to dominate the conversation and 99% of the time any subject you try to discuss with her turns in to a one sided one about her kids or some place she visited etc..  Later when I did try to start a conversation she didn't respond. 

@LadyAmalthea I think you can delete comments from posts on your Facebook page.  I just ignored her and told the first person where I bought the item from.  The thing that really gets me is that it's not even a super expensive item and I bought it for my collection so I'm not going use it up.

Ponyfan 

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2021, 03:46:54 PM »
someone was setting off fireworks. it's 5:30pm on a tuesday. this is very unsettling.

i also don't understand this whole billionaire space race. we have a lot of problems here on earth. i'm as fascinated by space as the next person. but the world is  falling apart and these guys are focusing on space tourism :huh:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 04:29:21 PM by Beth3346 »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2021, 05:20:34 PM »
^ That's because they only care about other billionaires.

I typed out a whole big post but I think I can sum it up:

I hate having to take transportation to get to doctor's offices.
I hate guys with leaf blowers. Especially when they are blowing dirt and clouds of it are coming at you.
I hate ants.
I hate fruit flies.
I hate ants.
Finally, I hate ants.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal