collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76320 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2021, 05:10:24 PM »
Our downstairs neighbour... He doesn't drive, he has limited mental capacity, he would totally qualify for lots of assistance if he would stop being "too proud", etc.  We try to help him with transportation, computer tasks, but it's frustrating.  obviously we want him to be as independent as possible but still sustainable, and you can't really step in and direct things unless you are a trustee or a guardian, which we are not.  You will see what I mean in a moment.

Okay, last year, as everything closed, we had to arrange for him to get a new  ID, as his state photo ID card had expired about 5 years earlier and then he lost his wallet.  If this happens, you have to start over from the beginning with getting/submitting a birth certificate, proof of residency, etc.  in order to get a new photo ID. it was far more complicated during the pandemic then it needed to be, as you can guess.

Somehow in the last year he managed to LOSE his ID card again!!!!  Where, I don't dare guess, we have been on lockdown.  He's too old to be carded for alcohol.  But how do you not ... notice???

And then he only said something to us  AFTER we had scheduled his vaccine at a clinic that specifically did not require the other ID documents. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »
My anxiety is really high right now. It's so noisy here tonight I had to triple check that it wasn't Friday or Saturday. There's banging noises coming from the house next door AND downstairs AND I think there's a woodpecker??? Pecking at my wall??? Maybe the neighbors are hammering... I have no idea. I feel surrounded and it's making me super jumpy and nervous. I have xanax thankfully.

I'm trying to play a game and I put my headphones on but I can still feel the noise, you know? Like deep in my bones. I think the headphones were making things worse actually.

And now my cat is meowing at me.

Sensory overload  :yikes:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:14:53 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2021, 02:11:08 AM »
The monthly moan about first day cramps. AGAIN.

Add to this the slowly approaching alternative sounds worse...

You are not alone... I recently watched Kathy Burke's All Woman which I found quite good and also the recent channel 4 documentary with Davina McCall. Not everyone may find it comforting to hear other women talking about it but I did.

i'm glad more women are talking about it. no one did when i was growing up. cramps are the worst. sometimes i just curl up and whimper. none of the pain medications really work 100% for me either.
The slowly-approaching alternative I'm on about is the menopause. I'm now 47, so the dreaded age of 50 is around the corner. And women & AFAB are just meant to put up with it??? Here I am, 47, & clueless about what to expect, because nobody talks about it.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2021, 11:00:57 AM »
My mom thinks I should audition for something...and I want to...but I've never done well with auditions and this one is pretty daunting.  It basically takes 9 months to know if you got into the group (mostly because there are 16 weeks of classes that require 100% attendance as part of the audition).  But the group is touring Europe next year and I would LOVE to go...if I can pass the audition that is scaring the tar out of me...

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2021, 02:13:55 PM »
Last night I had a hard time sleeping because my whole leg wanted to cramp up. I mean my whole entire leg. It was incredibly painful and almost impossible to push against. After doing some standing stretches it got better. Today now, my neck and jaw keep cramping up. That might be leftover tension from last nights loudness. Whatever the case, it's annoying and hurts. I would roll my head back and forth, to stretch the muscles but it makes me dizzy. Annnnd just now I yawned and my jaw cramped up again. Ugh!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2021, 02:17:56 PM »
Mowed the front lawn, trod in a very soft, hidden poo.

Stunk.

:X

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2021, 04:15:32 PM »

You are not alone... I recently watched Kathy Burke's All Woman which I found quite good and also the recent channel 4 documentary with Davina McCall. Not everyone may find it comforting to hear other women talking about it but I did.

i'm glad more women are talking about it. no one did when i was growing up. cramps are the worst. sometimes i just curl up and whimper. none of the pain medications really work 100% for me either.
The slowly-approaching alternative I'm on about is the menopause. I'm now 47, so the dreaded age of 50 is around the corner. And women & AFAB are just meant to put up with it??? Here I am, 47, & clueless about what to expect, because nobody talks about it.

it's baffling that most women go through these experiences and no one talks about it. when my mom went through menopause I was in high school. we fought a lot back then and later she told me that she had been going through menopause and had a really hard time. i wish she would have told me so i didn't just think she hated me. i don't know why we don't talk about women's issues.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2021, 12:33:12 AM »

it's baffling that most women go through these experiences and no one talks about it. when my mom went through menopause I was in high school. we fought a lot back then and later she told me that she had been going through menopause and had a really hard time. i wish she would have told me so i didn't just think she hated me. i don't know why we don't talk about women's issues.

That makes me think about when i used to fight with my Mum... I don't confide in her because it doesn't make me feel better. I definitely recommend Davina's documentary on All 4, it covers a lot of detailed info that your GP may not know or may not tell you. Davina may seem trivial to a lot of people but I've always thought she was quite smart. Like a less 'goody-two shoes' version of Carol Vorderman.

@Glitterball  :lol: laughing cos I've been there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 12:35:05 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2021, 06:32:52 AM »
It's so hot that I have already sweat all over my lounge robe while drinking coffee , put on anti-perspirant TWICE and now I have to freshen up again to get dressed for work!  YAY
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »
The clinic called to say my psychiatrist had an emergency and my appointment tomorrow is cancelled. I hope everything is okay but I'm disappointed. She isn't available until August. I think I last saw her in April.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2021, 08:54:37 AM »
The clinic called to say my psychiatrist had an emergency and my appointment tomorrow is cancelled. I hope everything is okay but I'm disappointed. She isn't available until August. I think I last saw her in April.

I'd certainly be disappointed, I guess it is trivial in one way but also kinda not!

I got two speeding tickets in a week, both not far over the limit. Now I have fine and 6 points whereas previously, none. Since this will cost me £500 including the increase in my insurance premiums for the next 4 years, I've decided to go on a spending ban until I've saved £500 that I would have otherwise contributed to the economy. This is my small rebellion.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2021, 10:51:48 AM »
Been on the go for seven hours & it's knackered me...
I'm so unfit...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2021, 01:44:18 PM »
I cut my finger on a plastic bottle.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2021, 02:57:22 PM »
I cut my finger on a plastic bottle.

I cut mine on a cat food can!

My other complaints for the day -

I went to my parents house and my dad offered to buy pizzas. I'm the only one who knows how to order stuff online, so I go to Pizza Hut's website and try placing the order but nothing would work. I don't know if it was the site or my mom's laptop but whatever. So then my sister says why don't I just call it in. Ugh. I hate talking on the phone, so I said I didn't want to. No one else wanted to either. So we ended up not having pizza and since my dad is so weird about money, he didn't want to get anything else. Later, after we were all starving he came home with Burger King for everyone. It worked out in the end but the whole thing made me anxious.

We've been having big thunderstorms and it's summer so that means the mosquitoes are out. When I came home not long ago, there was what seemed like a swarm on my stairs, like they were all hanging out there. I guess because it's it's partially protected from the rain. Anyway, blood suckers love me, so they were all over and in my face trying to bite me. I almost tripped up the steps trying to get away as fast as possible. I got bit in four places including my head :mad: I have an allergy to the saliva so now I'm going to have big, itchy welts for days.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2021, 06:55:47 PM »
I cannot download some of the videos from YouTube including one that was of particular importance to me, and it's killing me to think that I can't have my own copy of it and that if the uploader for some reason decides one day to take it down it will be gone forever :wail:
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal