collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76440 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2021, 07:38:48 AM »
It’s raining I’ve run out of Topaz Nylon Hair, fabric glue, I need more Vallejo paint and clear bottles with a metal ball in to mix paint.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2021, 09:02:50 AM »
i'm extra annoyed with everything today and i have a headache. i want to go back to sleep.

i've also had a low level of anxiety all week about the stupid power grid here in texas. i really have a love/hate relationship with my home state. i love texas but we need better leadership. i'm really nervous about outages when its hot. my partner is on medication the makes it hard for his body to regulate his body temperature.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 09:08:04 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2021, 09:47:39 AM »
The monthly moan about first day cramps. AGAIN.

Add to this the slowly approaching alternative sounds worse...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2021, 10:42:16 AM »
My wife has surgery on her shoulder and while I love her and understand she is in pain I’m exhausted. Taking care of another person is hard
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2021, 11:25:57 AM »
PC speakers are shot but I can't find replacements that aren't USB. I want the kind that plug into the back in the designated (and color coded) speaker slot. My USB ports are being used and I don't want to connect a dongle.

I wanted the same type of speakers when I was having trouble with mine  I found a couple at Walmart that aren't USB connected.

Hey! Thanks, I didn't think to check Walmart. I found some :)

--

Today's complaint is housework! I don't wanna. It feels like I just cleaned the kitchen really well and it's a mess again. Did I do this? I live alone so it must have been me. Where did all these dishes come from? Me? Again? Why do I do that?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2021, 04:00:47 PM »
Right now when I had to go to bed, my cat decided to pee over his toilet right on the floor! :doh: Luckily, I had lined the floor with newspapers before, but that’s not always enough, especially if all the pee goes outside the toilet! I have laminate flooring!  :freak: :wail: Every cat owner's nightmare...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 04:11:18 PM by Heart Of Midnight »

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2021, 01:20:29 PM »
I wanted to buy a summer hat online to protect my head from the heat, but while several different measurements of my head showed the circumference to be 61cm, most available options are something like 55cm or 58cm, do they really assume that people with larger heads don't exist?
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
These fruit flies!!!

WHERE are they coming from?! Since my last encounter I no longer leave the bags of litter on the bathroom floor until garbage day. Now they go IN the garbage can. It's possible, as I am due for garbage taking out (I need someone's help though - usually my dad or my niece) that they are in the garbage. I have sprayed said garbage bag with Raid. The litter box is clean. The garbage disposal is clean. There is no food out except the cat food, and they are in there every morning. I kill as many as I can.

A mating couple had the audacity to fly in front of my face earlier. I tried clapping them between my hands but they got away. I need to find what is enticing them before any eggs are laid.

I want to know how they keep getting in here in the first place!

...I killed two just while typing this.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2021, 08:35:04 AM »
These fruit flies!!!

WHERE are they coming from?! Since my last encounter I no longer leave the bags of litter on the bathroom floor until garbage day. Now they go IN the garbage can. It's possible, as I am due for garbage taking out (I need someone's help though - usually my dad or my niece) that they are in the garbage. I have sprayed said garbage bag with Raid. The litter box is clean. The garbage disposal is clean. There is no food out except the cat food, and they are in there every morning. I kill as many as I can.

A mating couple had the audacity to fly in front of my face earlier. I tried clapping them between my hands but they got away. I need to find what is enticing them before any eggs are laid.

I want to know how they keep getting in here in the first place!

...I killed two just while typing this.

We had this problem in our old house and the only way we got rid of them was to take out the trash every day. we started using grocery bags for any fruit waste (banana peels, apple cores etc.). tying them off and taking them to the trash right away. we also had some dishtowels piled up and i think they were breeding under them. >_<

also i'm not sure if this will work for the fruit flies but we had huge ants in that same house and Food Grade Diamateous Earth Powder helped. it's just a powder and doesn't have any scent. Raid makes me dizzy.

we had to put it on all of the little corners where there were small openings and after a while the ants disappeared. they pretty much ran out of the house. at one point they came out of the sink which was disturbing. that house had a lot of issues :huh:

you can try sprinkling it in the garbage can and in the garbage bags. it looks like you can buy it on amazon. we got ours at a pet food/animal feed store. just be careful vacuuming it up. it's super fine powder and will ruin your vacuum.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2021, 10:28:57 AM »
Thanks for the tips! I have fly paper and putting it above the sink seems to catch a lot of them. I also used vinegar and dish soap traps last time because it was so bad - those work really well.

I think they were coming from the garbage. Or rather, the litter in the garbage. When I sprayed it yesterday there were some along the sides of the bag trying to escape but I stopped them. I don't mind Raid, I use it for the tiny ants that keep finding their way in too. Once I spray a spot, they stop coming from that spot and instead find a new way in. They're tenacious.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2021, 06:59:44 PM »
My Father's Day dinner is turning out to be an epic fail. I guess there is apparently a difference between 'pork loin' and 'pork loin roast'. I made a pork loin roast according to pork loin directions. I should have been suspicious that it only said to roast for 20 minutes. It was completely red inside. It's 9pm and my family is starving while it slow-roasts the rest of the way. I don't even want it now. And now it's thundering outside, so my kids are flipping out.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2021, 05:24:46 AM »

You are not alone... I recently watched Kathy Burke's All Woman which I found quite good and also the recent channel 4 documentary with Davina McCall. Not everyone may find it comforting to hear other women talking about it but I did.

Post Merge: June 21, 2021, 05:27:23 AM

My Father's Day dinner is turning out to be an epic fail. I guess there is apparently a difference between 'pork loin' and 'pork loin roast'. I made a pork loin roast according to pork loin directions. I should have been suspicious that it only said to roast for 20 minutes. It was completely red inside. It's 9pm and my family is starving while it slow-roasts the rest of the way. I don't even want it now. And now it's thundering outside, so my kids are flipping out.

OMG that's such an easy mistake to make. I'm impressed that you tried something new to be honest. I hope you eventually got dinner.

My trivial complaint: newbies have moved in next door and keep playing loud music at odd times of the day. My banging on the wall seems to make my husband very nervous but I definitely don't want to go around there and talk to them like an adult.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:27:23 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2021, 07:16:07 AM »
Just winded myself doing star jumps.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2021, 11:51:56 AM »
I was frying up a couple of veggie burgers in the skillet when the oil popped and sent a drop sailing onto my hand. Ouch! The burn on my other hand still hasn't gone away either. I think I might have complained about this already but I burn myself a lot and it suuuuucks.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2021, 04:24:10 PM »

You are not alone... I recently watched Kathy Burke's All Woman which I found quite good and also the recent channel 4 documentary with Davina McCall. Not everyone may find it comforting to hear other women talking about it but I did.

i'm glad more women are talking about it. no one did when i was growing up. cramps are the worst. sometimes i just curl up and whimper. none of the pain medications really work 100% for me either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal