collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75466 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2021, 09:45:03 AM »
Something occurred while I was asleep. There are streaky black spots across the kitchen floor. They do not lead to or from the litter box. I have no idea what they are or where they came from. It's possible a lizard got in here and my cat injured it but the spots are only in the kitchen. I don't walk around with my shoes on... oh, maybe it was left by the inspector yesterday and I only just noticed. Hmm. Either way, I *just* cleaned the floor so I'm annoyed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2021, 09:59:31 AM »
Once again I bought a song from iTunes that I already owned. :(  I thought I checked and didn't have that one.  iTunes didn't recognize that I already had the song from the album because it counted as a new album even though it's exactly the same.

I guess I should be happy that it's only happened a few times since I've bought a lot of songs on iTunes.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2021, 10:48:51 AM »
Some people were accidentally exploiting a bug in a game I play online.
The coder fixed the bug.
Except it doesn't seem to have been fixed, it seems to have blocked a section of gameplay.

The bug was much more minor than the 'fix' in terms of the issue caused.

And as someone who wasn't exploiting the bug, I'm annoyed.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2021, 12:11:57 PM »
Trying to find my needle hedgehog: part 2. Part one was late last night & failed...

ALL my sewing needles are in it, including a big darning needle which comes in very handy for inserting tails...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2021, 08:28:40 PM »
The game I've been playing is having all kinds of troubles. It keeps freezing or not responding, challenges don't trigger when they're finished, sometimes I can't even log in. It's a small team and the game is early access so bugs and glitches are expected but it was working fine for weeks until a few days ago.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2021, 09:08:13 PM »
more power grid issues in Texas :hot: i wish i could just use solar. we definitely have enough sun here. my solar lights worked when the little panels were buried under a few inches of ice!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2021, 07:14:36 AM »
Annoyingly smart rodent has learned how to set off traps to eat the bait and avoid the traps that will kill it and hide the body.  Seriously considering putting out little bowls of antifreeze and killing it that way except that it seems so inhumane I just can't bring myself to do it.  I'm going to have to consider a live trap and see if it goes for it, I guess.  I'd do a bucket trap (5gal bucket filled partway with water that has a drop shelf so when it goes up to a ramp to get the bait it gets dumped in and drowns) but it's in my room and I don't want to listen to it drown while I sleep.  My dad doesn't want me to use poison because he's afraid it will smell if it dies in the walls somewhere.  (If he knows they're in the walls, why isn't he sealing the outside to keep the little buggers out?!) We live in the country and while there are mice out there, we can take steps to deter them.  The little things you plug into the walls don't stop the pest either.  :yuki:  Grr...

I may have to wait until hunting season and then hire someone to come out and seal the outside of the house and do a clean sweep of the inside while my parents are gone.  Then they can't complain about me doing it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2021, 11:43:56 AM »
Not a trivial complaint but I'm not sure where else to post.  I had a scare last night.  My dog suddenly screamed like I've never heard her before and was moving around in a very strange way.  Her tail thumped really fast too.  When I picked her up she was heavy and felt stiff.  She's okay today but I really thought she was paralyzed or dead last night.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2021, 08:11:54 PM »
Poor dog PF!!! I hope you find out what spooked her xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2021, 11:41:23 AM »
Annoyingly smart rodent has learned how to set off traps to eat the bait and avoid the traps that will kill it and hide the body.  Seriously considering putting out little bowls of antifreeze and killing it that way except that it seems so inhumane I just can't bring myself to do it.
I won't go into details but mouse poison is no less inhumane than the antifreeze you want to use, in all honesty.
I pm'd you a link on an easy trap and release that could work.

Today's trivial complaint is I have poor time management skills and couldn't eat my lunch outside on this gorgeous day.

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »
Annoyingly smart rodent has learned how to set off traps to eat the bait and avoid the traps that will kill it and hide the body.  Seriously considering putting out little bowls of antifreeze and killing it that way except that it seems so inhumane I just can't bring myself to do it.
I won't go into details but mouse poison is no less inhumane than the antifreeze you want to use, in all honesty.

We had a cat that drank antifreeze once.  It wasn't pretty to watch it go downhill which is why I won't use it unless there are absolutely no other options. I just know that animals think it is sweet and mice are attracted to sweet things, which is why I thought of it in the first place.  I might try the bucket thing you sent me. Maybe it will actually go for it instead of finding a way around it like all the other traps I've set out.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2021, 12:37:47 PM »

We had a cat that drank antifreeze once.  It wasn't pretty to watch it go downhill which is why I won't use it unless there are absolutely no other options. I just know that animals think it is sweet and mice are attracted to sweet things, which is why I thought of it in the first place.  I might try the bucket thing you sent me. Maybe it will actually go for it instead of finding a way around it like all the other traps I've set out.
Peanut butter works well too!  Good luck!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2021, 12:55:33 PM »
Ponyfan, I'm so sorry about your dog! I hope it's nothing serious.

I have a lot of little complaints today. Most annoying at the moment is my cat stunk up the house :X I'm not sure how she manages since she always eats the same food. There are fruit flies again! I've been so diligent I don't know where they came from but I've killed about 10 today. After the stench goes away I'll clean the litterbox again.

My SSD is almost out of space but my game habit is strong, so I've been trying to save my games on my 2T drive and for some reason Steam is giving me a hard time. It keeps saying it needs an empty folder but it always creates a folder when you install a game so ???

PC speakers are shot but I can't find replacements that aren't USB. I want the kind that plug into the back in the designated (and color coded) speaker slot. My USB ports are being used and I don't want to connect a dongle.

The aloe plant I thought I could revive looks worse than ever.

My tremor (of unknown origin) is getting really bad. I tried eating cereal last night with a normal sized spoon and kept spilling it. I had to get a serving spoon and eat it that way :(

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2021, 01:55:46 PM »

Peanut butter works well too!  Good luck!

I've been using Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but since it knows how to set off the traps all I'm managing to do is give it diabetes.  :lol:

The people I work with are lazy and I'm tired of doing their work because they just can't be bothered to.  I hope most of them get laid off when we move locations later this year.  If not, I may be quitting just so I don't have to babysit them anymore. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2021, 07:38:49 PM »
Thank you Ponybookworm and BlackCurtains.  She's doing better today. My mom thinks she might have gotten caught on something in the doggie bed.

My day has also been full of complaints.  My mom wanted to go eat at a restaurant and suggested we go around 12:30.  She thought we wouldn't have to wait long but we waited about 30 minutes to be seated.  Then 2 of the 4 chairs were wet. The table had been cleaned but I guess the person that cleaned it didn't make sure the chairs were dry.  We had to switch the 2 wet chairs for dry ones.

My dad is still grumpy and whiny and gets upset if things aren't exactly like he wants them.  Yesterday he was looking for a package of shredded cheese and when he couldn't find it he got upset.  Mom said she had used the opened package the day before (we have more but he didn't want that)

Today he got meat out of the freezer and then complained that he got out beef instead of pork. Then he got out chicken and put it back because "no one wanted chicken."   I wasn't even in the kitchen when he decided that. Our evening meal was banana pudding, just pudding nothing else except stuff to drink.  To me that dessert and not a full meal.  I was already feeling a little off today and just having that didn't help. 

My mom and I have been doing jigsaw puzzles  We take turns picking one to work on  I saw a puzzle I really liked last weekend but put it back on the shelf because I was thinking about some other things I wanted to buy.  I went back to get the puzzle today but it wasn't there.  I can order one online if I can't find it in the store though.

PC speakers are shot but I can't find replacements that aren't USB. I want the kind that plug into the back in the designated (and color coded) speaker slot. My USB ports are being used and I don't want to connect a dongle.

I wanted the same type of speakers when I was having trouble with mine  I found a couple at Walmart that aren't USB connected.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:31:44 PM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal