collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75455 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »
Of course I start my period today, the one day that I work earlier than usual! Really rough, hopefully I've dealt with most of my symptoms for today and I can have an uneventful shift with minimal pain.
I came home early because the cramps were so extreme and now I'm upset that I had to go home at all!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2021, 09:52:16 AM »
Of course I start my period today, the one day that I work earlier than usual! Really rough, hopefully I've dealt with most of my symptoms for today and I can have an uneventful shift with minimal pain.
I came home early because the cramps were so extreme and now I'm upset that I had to go home at all!

:hug: Cramps are the worst. i wish we could all take a day or 2 off during our period. it always happens when i have a ton of work.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2021, 10:15:50 AM »
I'm really down to today.  I'm hoping it's just me being a little overemotional but I've felt pushed aside by my parents a lot lately.  It seems that they can find time to do whatever they want but I want to do something I feel like we only do that if it's convenient for them, :( 

Today my dad started going through my stuff in in study/home office that we all share.  None of it was really private or personal and yet it upset me because it made me feel like again my stuff is in the way even thought it's been there a long time.  I am literally blinking back tears   He kept pulling stuff out saying "What is this?" "Why do you have this?" 

They're great parents and I love them a lot but times  like this make it hard

Ponyfan

:hug: I'm sorry. I feel this way about my family too sometimes. It's like my opinions don't matter and they never include me in decisions like where to get lunch and stuff. A lot of times when I still lived with them I felt like I was just "there" as a non-entity. Like I was an outsider. It's a horrible feeling. And I'm sorry about your dad going through your stuff. My dad gets like that sometimes about my stuff that's in the garage.

My complaint today: My body is so sore. I feel like I was hit by a truck or someone beat me up. I even have some mystery bruises that I don't know where they came from! It's not just my back either. My shoulders hurt, my wrists, my hands, my knees (they keep popping) and my back hurts extra of course. I'm not doing anything different so I don't know what's causing it.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2021, 02:39:08 AM »
:hug: TRTL and Ponyfan. Also BC but I'll hug you gently so as not to make the back worse...I wonder if that could be caused by the other stress you're currently managing??

My complaint for today...the birds (probably) scythed the top off one of the delphiniums I grew from seed last year. Took the flower stem clean off, probably looking for a bug. Dad swears it wasn't him and frankly it doesn't look like it's been cut, so it must have been the birds. They hop all over the plants and go in for the kill if they see something they like. It wouldn't be the first time they deadheaded or damaged something in the process. I love that we have so many birds coming in the garden but still.

The Delphinium in question looks like it would've flowered very dark, which is the colour my mother likes best (and I really grew them for her patch of the garden). The plant seems to be okay but it may not flower this year now.

This is of course the second Delphinium damage by nature this year, after one of the others had its stems smashed down in the storm a while back. The good news is that that one is not only doing well on its splints but also putting up new growth at the bottom. Hopefully the dark one will do likewise.

Plants to me are the same as animals are to some people; I take their wellbeing very seriously.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2021, 06:49:36 AM »
@Beth3346: I quit Facebook years ago and it felt a little weird at first, but after a while you do just stop caring about it. The upside is, it forced a lot of people to contact me in other ways...a text here and there was a nice surprise to get. Yeah, the political stuff was what did me in...my life was better for not seeing all that angry drama go down all around me every day. My husband gets wrapped up in it, and I'm always telling him, just unplug!! I did sign up an IG account a month or 2 ago, and like TRTL, I only follow pony stuff and other things related to my interests. I don't even tell anyone I know in real life that I have one, and it's been better that way. No drama.

@Taffeta: you would be ashamed at how badly I've been caring for my plants lately! I had no intention of having outdoor plants this year due to not having time to water/prune them...my kids are just really high maintenance at this stage...but everybody gifted me a bunch of flowers for Mother's Day. I'm not ungrateful that they thought of me, but it's been more of a burden than a gift, really. I used to really enjoy that stuff, but these past couple of years have been rough trying to keep up with things, and it's just one more thing. And of course there's been no rain!

My trivial complaint: I'm having a lot of anxiety about a phone call I need to make, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I make excuses...'I'll wait until it's quiet enough to call'...but it's never quiet around here, or, 'I'll call from the car when I'm on the way to my son's therapy'...but then I justify that it's been a rough day and I just want to zone out and listen to my audiobook. Every day that goes by I kick myself for not sucking it up and doing it.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2021, 07:08:55 AM »
Some sneaky rodent is setting off the traps without getting caught in them.  This is probably the thing I hate most about living in the country--unwanted critters you can't get rid of.   :pout:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2021, 11:52:56 AM »
tailrustedtealeaf I hope you're feeling better today. 

Thank you Black Curtains and Taffeta. :hug: 

It really bothers me when someone goes through my stuff or moves it around without asking me. 

Today has been a better day.  My dad put a filing cabinet next to my desk this morning so I will have space to organize and put things away.

The summer heatwave has been.  It's going to be over 100F  for the next for days.  :hot: :hot:  :hot:

I can't find some of the songs I want on iTunes even though at least one of them is on Amazon music.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 11:54:44 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2021, 02:11:14 PM »
Stupid Gmail updates.  It's on my work email so I'm sure that the city thought that changing the way the email looked and adding stupid "social" and "promotions" email filters and a Chat and Meet box were just so helpful to people who will LITERALLY never use them.  Took me ten minutes to change it all back and five more to find the flipping Compose button because now it's just a stupid picture of a pencil. 

And all of a sudden it's back to how it was before.  What the  :enraged:, Google?  Leave my settings alone!  If I want to change them, I can do it myself!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:40:27 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2021, 02:51:10 PM »
I worked my shift today and tried some GF gnocchi, feeling a lot better! My complaint is I work at 10 am tomorrow! So early!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2021, 04:18:57 AM »
Eczema!!! *chops off arm*

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2021, 03:19:20 PM »
I'm sorry BlackCurtains.  I've been having trouble with my eczema lately too.

I was looking for something to put my extra diamond dots in and thought I found a set of stackable containers with lids. I bought a few and when I looked at them more closely it's actually one container with 6 sections that can be attached.  That would have been okay but only the top container has a lid. I might still be able to make them work and I'm glad I only spent $5 on them but they weren't what I thought they were. 

While I was at the store an employee accidently hit my hand hard.  She apologized but it really hurt  for a few minutes.

Ponyfan   

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2021, 03:42:16 PM »
I FUBAR-ed my job test today,  and I think I'm more embarrassed I got busted on my lack of skills then what I hyped myself to be on my resume.
Oh well,  at least I still have my regular job, just doesn't pay as well  >_<

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2021, 06:48:54 PM »
I FUBAR-ed my job test today,  and I think I'm more embarrassed I got busted on my lack of skills then what I hyped myself to be on my resume.
Oh well,  at least I still have my regular job, just doesn't pay as well  >_<

:hug:

are you a software developer? i felt the same way after my last technical interview. i pretty much had a panic attack and had to stop. i think the interviewer felt sorry for me and let me finish the interview on my own and send in my answers. i didn't get the job though.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2021, 08:42:39 PM »
@beth3346
No,  I wish I had some sort of schooling...Just a lowly municipal office clerk looking to move up a notch.
I've been helping with work in the position for the last two years (as well as my own work), as the person is on medical leave.
It's embarrassing as I said I can do certain functions for the spreadsheets in Excel,  which wasn't a lie, but apparently my knowledge is grade 1 and they gave me grade 5 questions  on the test >_<
I can empathize with your attack,  as I think I may have had a mild one of my own for two straight hours trying to finish.  It was horrible.   
The only way I'm getting this job is if the other person who I'm up against did ALOT worse then I did. Which doesn't seem likely.

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2021, 01:36:13 AM »
Back before COVID I had an interview like that with a test, in which I quickly learned that my knowledge of excel was a lot out of date.

I didn't panic but it was the first test I have ever done where I didn't complete in the time allotted.

Needless to say I didn't get the job. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal