collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75502 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2021, 03:17:21 PM »
There is a neighbor that lives down the block from my parents and me.  She lives alone and doesn't drive.  My mom will often invite her to go to the store when we go so she can buy what she needs without having to ask her son or cousin to take her.  The thing that I don't like  about the neighbor though is that she is manipulative and also makes passive -aggressive statements as well as hurtful comments. 

Today I wanted to go to a store that we don't go to very often.  I wasn't sure where to find the items I wanted so I started looking around the store. The store was crowded and the aisles were narrow so I was also trying to avoid bumping in to people. When I turned around the neighbor was right behind me and said "I don't know why I'm following you. You never go where I want to go (she means in the store) You always go to..." (I assume that she was going to say toys)   It really rubbed me the wrong way.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2021, 06:16:03 PM »
I realize it's Saturday night and it's only 9pm, and noise ordinances don't start until 11 but my neighbor is playing her music. It's on the other side of my bed and I can hear it perfectly.

I was asleep for a little bit but it woke me up. Since I don't have a sofa to go lay down on, I'm stuck staying up until she shuts it off.

Post Merge: June 06, 2021, 07:20:38 AM

Sorry for posting again so soon, but my Comcast bill is ready and it's $10 more than it was. Because of "changes to my plan" which just means they raised the price! I'm getting a discount of 26 dollars too, I think it's good for a year. I only have internet. No TV, no phone. Just the cheapest internet. I can only get Comcast here too, no other options.

They do have a program for low income people for free internet (the quality probably sucks though) but when I called for info about it, the wait time was seven hours. And of course, you *have* to call, again no other options.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:20:38 AM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2021, 10:40:20 AM »
i vacuumed the bedroom 3 times and there is still dog hair!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2021, 03:59:50 AM »
I went to shake the carton of iced coffee only to discover the cap was not screwed on right. I stopped before it could make a bigger mess but there's coffee on the floor, on the stove and counter and on me -_-

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2021, 09:43:06 AM »
My family needed to pick up a prescription and my dad decided to drive.  Sometimes he drives really aggressively and it scares me.  Twice on the way home his driving frightened me.  I can't tell him about it because he will get mad and once he gets mad about something he never lets it go. 

Ponyfan

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »
the skin under my thumbnail is so dry....it hurts to exist :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2021, 06:49:25 PM »
I can't stop thinking about the stupid answers I gave in my job interview this morning...I want to go to sleep tonight :pullhair:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2021, 08:05:38 PM »
why do i look at twitter? it always makes me angry or anxious. yet i look at it constantly throughout the day. i tried deleting it from my phone and ended up reinstalling it a few days later.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2021, 04:25:19 AM »
Someone sent me flowers. The delivery lady banged on my kitchen window even though she could see I was feet away. I was unpleasantly surprised.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2021, 05:26:03 AM »
why do i look at twitter? it always makes me angry or anxious. yet i look at it constantly throughout the day. i tried deleting it from my phone and ended up reinstalling it a few days later.
My sister-in-law is the exact same way with Facebook, so you aren't alone in your struggles!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2021, 07:13:30 AM »
My sister-in-law is the exact same way with Facebook, so you aren't alone in your struggles!

This happened when I stopped using FB a few years ago.  It took a little bit but I finally just stopped caring about looking.  If you really want to give it up, keep trying.  It can happen.  :)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2021, 07:19:26 AM »

i pretty much quit facebook because i follow a lot of dog rescue groups and i get really sad looking at the stories but i feel guilty unfollowing because its dogs. but i am much happier not looking at facebook. i'm ok with not seeing posts from my friends. they know i don't look at facebook so they'll text.

but twitter is another story for me. i don't really follow anyone i know IRL. but i follow a lot of people who also work in tech and it's so much drama. sometimes there is stuff that's useful. but the drama with the influencer types is like high school. it's a bit much.

also the political stuff. there have been studies that show that feeling outrage can be addictive. so maybe that's part of the problem for me. i really just need to delete the twitter app for good.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2021, 07:32:39 AM »
Beth, I really culled down all my following and I just unfollow people who post things that make me upset. As a result I only follow art people now. That might help cut down on the addictiveness somewhat or at least make your experience less negative.

Of course I start my period today, the one day that I work earlier than usual! Really rough, hopefully I've dealt with most of my symptoms for today and I can have an uneventful shift with minimal pain.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2021, 07:59:24 AM »
I'm really down to today.  I'm hoping it's just me being a little overemotional but I've felt pushed aside by my parents a lot lately.  It seems that they can find time to do whatever they want but I want to do something I feel like we only do that if it's convenient for them, :( 

Today my dad started going through my stuff in in study/home office that we all share.  None of it was really private or personal and yet it upset me because it made me feel like again my stuff is in the way even thought it's been there a long time.  I am literally blinking back tears   He kept pulling stuff out saying "What is this?" "Why do you have this?" 

They're great parents and I love them a lot but times  like this make it hard

Ponyfan

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2021, 09:29:30 AM »
.... i really just need to delete the twitter app for good.

I believe in you that you can!  ^.^

My trivial complaint today is that I ran out of cartoned egg whites,  and now have to break open eggs for my lunch if I want my omlette.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal