collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75481 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« on: May 29, 2021, 06:28:38 PM »
Here we go!

Trivial complaint...

WRITERS BLOCK.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:33:39 PM »
I'm bored. I'm too tired to entertain myself but too awake to sleep

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 07:33:17 PM »
The power company told everyone in the city to go to their website and put your meter number in to find out when the planned outrage would happen in your area.  Where I live the link stated that power would go out tomorrow morning.  We were planning on having most of our electronic devices off Just before 5 tonight the power went out.   Because we weren't expecting it we had most of our electronics on at the time.

Power was restored in about 20-30 minutes and I think all of our electronics are okay. 

This morning my dad said he was locked out of his Amazon account.  I'm not sure what he did but Amazon was sending a text to his to verify that he was trying to sign in to his account.  He's not  very tech savvy and didn't realize that he needed to click the link in the text.

My car is still in the shop and it will probably be there for a quite a while.  My parents have called twice to find out the status of my car and both times no one got back to them.

There were a few times today when I just wanted to hide somewhere and cry.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 07:41:59 PM »
I checked my email after about 2 months and found some emails asking me to finish setting up a Netflix account.  I was able to get it sorted out--according to the Netflix person I chatted with the only information on that account was an email so she wondered if someone mistyped their email in.  However, that email is not exactly easily mistaken for anything else so now I wonder if someone was trying to hack an account.  I've had my accounts hacked on other sites that use that email and I've had to change passwords/cancel accounts to fix it so part of me wonders if they got that old information off of the black web somewhere and were trying to get more information about me with it.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 08:21:51 PM »
My PC mouse wheel keeps skipping, for lack of a better word. Like, I'll scroll up but the page will go down a few ticks before it goes up.

My PC speakers are shot. They still work but I can't control the volume.

The plugs for my GameCube and PS1 are missing. I'm also missing a bunch of AV cables. I'm going to have to buy new ones anyway for the Dreamcast and SNES because the connection is bad and the picture is fuzzy.

I was upset that I couldn't find any of my memory cards or the Dreamcast VMU. I spent a lot of time digging through bins looking for them. Finally, I checked my Gameboy Advance case and I had put all of them in there for safe keeping. I wish I had remembered I'd done that.

The TV signal for the remote is blocked due to the sound bar being in the way. I used to have a wire rack that I put the TV on to lift it above the sound bar, but I haven't unpacked those yet and don't know where they are. So while I was testing all my consoles I had to stand and point the remote down by the bottom of the TV. It was exhausting and hurt my back to test all 7 consoles while standing since I had to bend down to reach them all.

After it took so long and hurt my back hooking everything up and testing, I didn't want to play any games :(

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 08:32:27 PM »
I hate how the Internet is becoming less and less private these days, every website you want to register on requires you to provide them with your phone number, credit card info and scan of ID, I could understand with places where they need to know your real identity like when you order something from them to be shipped to your home address or something, but why the %^%$ does Twitter need to know my phone number? :enraged:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 10:42:37 PM »
I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a external drive so I can play some windows-only games with my friend but Microsoft has made this extremely complicated for seemingly no reason.  :dumbpc:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 05:43:25 AM »
I hate how the Internet is becoming less and less private these days, every website you want to register on requires you to provide them with your phone number, credit card info and scan of ID, I could understand with places where they need to know your real identity like when you order something from them to be shipped to your home address or something, but why the %^%$ does Twitter need to know my phone number? :enraged:

It's not just the internet, although I definitely share your concern there. I've gotten it when I'm making a purchase in some stores. Why do they need my phone number, my zip code, or my email address to ring up my underwear purchase at Victoria's Secret? It's not my job to help them with their marketing. I'm downright rude when people ask me for this information.

My complaint today...I just feel old.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2021, 08:38:11 AM »
I have to take a test before work and I have to clean off my desk because it's a proctorio thing. I don't wannaa  :yikes:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 09:13:22 PM »

It's not just the internet, although I definitely share your concern there. I've gotten it when I'm making a purchase in some stores. Why do they need my phone number, my zip code, or my email address to ring up my underwear purchase at Victoria's Secret? It's not my job to help them with their marketing. I'm downright rude when people ask me for this information.

They can really do that? That's pretty messed up. I never had any salesperson at a brick and mortar location ask me for any personal info, but maybe Victoria's Secret is different.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2021, 03:07:19 AM »

They can really do that? That's pretty messed up. I never had any salesperson at a brick and mortar location ask me for any personal info, but maybe Victoria's Secret is different.

Maybe it’s more common in America? I feel like I’m CONSTANTLY being asked for my email and phone number where I shop. Online or in person. I’ve got a separate spam email I’m happy to give out, but I’m much more stubborn with my phone. I’ve only got one number and I don’t want it flooded with marketing junk. Target lately has been really annoying me where they set their self check out screens to ask for you phone number before anything else. Like, the employees have to step in to set it up before I get up to the machine, only for me to skip it anyway lol! Even an antique store got a hold of my number somehow and sends me texts for sales, it’s very annoying.

I have two trivial complaints today:
1. I busted the Touch ID on my IPad. I brought it to the apple store and the tech guy said he’d never seen anything like my damage before. I guess I somehow busted the sensor from the inside out. I can live without it, but ugh it was nice to just use my thumb for payments and logging into websites.
2. I tried to do some core strengthening workouts since I realized I’m very weak, but I think I pulled something. I have a hard time being patient and taking things slow, so I think I overexerted myself.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2021, 03:23:20 AM »
Can I go one day without burning myself??? The other day I accidentally touched the back of my hand to the top coil in the oven. Then one day I was too excited about a new coffee I bought and burned my mouth trying to drink it too soon. Today, I made baked spaghetti and while I was filling my bowl I grabbed hold of one of the handles on the pot that was just in the oven THEN I got super hot spaghetti sauce and cheese on my thumb.

Fire Bad!

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2021, 09:25:48 AM »
What's with 2021 being so freaking cold so far? First we had a record winter in January and February (I can't remember this much snow in years), then there would be occassional snowfalls until late April, and now it's almost June and you still can't go outside without a jacket, by this time of year I would normally have my window open all day and yet I can count the days it was open this year on the fingers of my hand...
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2021, 03:19:06 PM »
I was tired of my phone wallpaper and decided to change it to a screenshot from one of my favorite animes.  I didn't like the way it looked but it turns out I was using a wallpaper from an older phone that is no longer available. So I had to change it to a different one.  I like the anime screenshot better as my lock screen instead of my home screen.

I got really stressed out about something and have been tired all day because I had trouble sleeping  last night.

Also my mom had a "new" bottle of bbq sauce that expired in 2017.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 03:29:07 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 06:17:19 AM »
The issue with my mouse wheel is getting worse :mad: I'm trying to figure out how to take it apart, maybe there's cat hair or something stuck, but it doesn't look like it can be.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal