Pony Talk > Off Topic

The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!

<< < (175/309) > >>

BlackCurtains:
So the dentists that are on my insurance card no longer take my insurance... and neither do the 6 other dental clinics I called. I'm done. I give up. I'll ask my case worker to look into it. In the meantime I guess I will keep taking OTC pain relivers and putting ice on my jaw. It is very hard to eat, so maybe I'll lose some weight.

It's SO COLD today. Like, deep in your bones cold. It was actually 34 degrees this morning. In a neighboring county it was 31. It could have literally snowed. I got the heating pad out for my cat and I'm using 2 blankets. If I went outside I'd need gloves but I live in Florida so I do not own gloves, or a proper coat. I've got a couple of sweat shirts and my hoodie and only 5 pairs of pants total. My nose keeps running. I closed my windows because it's windy and the air is cold. Brr!

Post Merge: January 25, 2022, 07:51:12 AM

My tooth is killing me :( My jaw and ear hurt too. The best I can get as far as a dentist goes is a discount based on my income. Of course, I cannot do that over the phone. I need to bring proof of income into the clinic. The clinic is in the same plaza that my regular doctor is in, they've got like three separate buildings there. I go the 27th so I can just walk to the dental clinic and get an estimate. My mom is pushing for me to get the tooth pulled. I'd rather not do that but I might not have a choice if I can't pay for whatever work they want to do, and I guess my wisdom teeth will never come out either.

Ponyfan:
I had a hard time winding down last night so I didn't get as much sleep as I should have. 

I was spraying my mask and accidently got Lysol on me. I washed it off right away, but my asthma has been acting up ever since.

My mom is really obsessed with a phone app. At least twice as soon as I got home from work she's followed me asking to help her get the new pictures.  I don't mind too much but I think it could wait for a few minutes after I get home instead having to be done right after I walk inside.  I've tried to her about how obsessed she gets with phone games/apps but it's useless because she'll start saying that I don't want her to have any fun.  It's not that at all but the other night she couldn't even put the tablet down during a meal.  If I did that I'd be told to put it away but she can get away with it? 

My mom sometimes doesn't listen to everything that I said.  She has been expecting a call from a toll free number.  While they were out today I answered a call from a number.  She walked in a couple of minutes later and I told her about the call.  She immediately asked if it was a local number or not even though the first thing I said was "It was a call from a toll free number."  This means that I have to repeat myself sometimes because she doesn't listen.

I was by myself the other night and decided to watch a movie.  When I thought it was getting close to the time my parents would be back I turned the movie off even though I hadn't finished it yet.  I did this because it was a movie that I knew they wouldn't like and their response to that when I'm watching something like that is to go in another room until the movie is other.  They came back much later than I thought so I probably would have had time to finish the movie.  I finally finished it yesterday although it took me 2 more tries becaus the first time I was finishing it I had to stop again before I reached the end of the movie.

That place I had on my ankle is going to leave a scar.

Black Curtains, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. :hug:

Ponyfan       

BlackCurtains:
A friend suggested looking for a dental school. There's one in the big city nearby so I called. They do low cost work but are booked until summer. I can't wait that long. I have a lidocaine gel my doctor gave me for the sores in my mouth (there's one left that refuses to heal) and I've been putting it on and around the tooth, but it doesn't get down into my jaw where the major pain is. I've been having problems with my stomach too. I must be having a gastritis flare up, and that makes everything else worse. Ugh I wish I was well.

Thanks, Ponyfan :hug: My mom is addicted to a puzzle game on Steam and sometimes when I call her she's playing it. She doesn't stop so it's very hard to carry on a conversation because she is too into the game. Or she'll be watching a movie and have the volume turned way up so she can't hear me on the phone. For some reason she never just pauses the game or movie, she'll turn them off instead. Then I feel bad because I know she won't go back to them after the call ends.

Lysol irritates my lungs too! I hate that stuff and anything with bleach.

Taffeta:
Wishing you good luck with your teeth, BC. It sucks to have tooth pain :(

My trivial complaint is that I don't like not being informed about what is going on. Without going into too much detail, someone contacted me about something they might want me to help with earlier this week. I replied to them and now they aren't replying to me. I get that there are lots of potential reasons why, and I'm not blaming them particularly, but my autistic brain likes certainty and to know either way if I'm needed or if I'm not. It's disrupting my ability to get on with other things.

Ponyfan:
I feel extremely nauseous today. It started last night. I even felt sick while in the car earlier and the only times I've been carsick have been few and far between.

I love solar activated figures.  It makes me happy to see them all moving in the sunlight.   This morning I found one of them had fallen off the shelf and broken.  It's not even one of my favorites but it still made me a little upset when I found it.  I'm pretty sure I know how it happened, but I don't want to say much because I'm sure it was an accident, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad for breaking it.

I don't buy TV shows or movies from iTunes very often but sometimes I do if it's one that I really want and I want to have it on my iPod for traveling or hospital visits. The last two times I've done that iTunes has messed the episode order up when it transfers them to my iPod.  Then I have to make a video playlist just to get the episodes in the right order again. 

@BlackCurtains bleach is one of my triggers too. The last time my dad used a lot of bleach it was so strong that I was almost physically ill from it.

Ponyfan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version