collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75497 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #525 on: October 25, 2021, 07:22:27 AM »
Beth I feel like I want it to be Friday too.

I'm sorry that happened to you BlackCurtains  :hug: 

My dad will either use Google to find out what's on Netflix or say stuff like "But your aunt was watching that on Netflix.  How come it's not on yours?" Because he doesn't realize that shows don't stay on Netflix for forever even though I've tried explaining it to him. He picked movies to watch on Netflix a couple of times but always ended up being disappointed in them.     

My dad has a bad habit of misplacing things and then expecting me or my mom to be able to tell him where it is.  I can't tell him where he put it if he moved it from the last place I saw it in.

I have some new manga I want to read but I haven't felt relaxed enough to let myself enjoy it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:31:40 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #526 on: October 26, 2021, 06:07:47 AM »
Father...

So we've been so careful with all the things we've been doing to keep safe during the pandemic, bearing in mind that we still don't have third dose info for mother and all those things.

The bus is entirely off limits, even for essentials. We walk into town.

So Dad has an art show he likes entering stuff into. And he did again, this year, with the intention he was going to walk into town today to deliver it to the venue.

...But it was too heavy. So he decided to get the bus.

*facepalm*
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2021, 07:09:24 AM »
I told my mom about getting the next tier for Netflix and she asked if she could help. So that was nice.

-

I have a few complaints.

The weather is stuck between summer and fall. Like two days ago it was 90 degrees. Today it's 80 with lows in the mid 60s. I keep opening my windows only to have to close them again because it gets too humid at night and I can't sleep. There is a cold front coming Thursday, they say. Hopefully, I can open the windows and keep them that way.

The left side of my throat hurts and there's a metallic taste that won't go away. I looked at it with a flashlight and it looks normal. It could be from a medicine but I've been on what I'm taking for a while. My newest pill I've been taking a month. So I dunno.

My insurance switched and it sucks so much. Both my old and new insurance has a $35 OTC benefit. My old insurance had so much to choose from and they carried my stomach medicine at a price where I could get two of them. Then I'd use the leftover money to get generic Excedrin. It had a lot of dollar items so you could use all $35 for the month. The new insurance? The prices are way higher, I can only get one bottle of my stomach meds, they don't even have an acetaminophen plus aspirin headache medicine (just Tylenol) and there are exactly two things that are a dollar.

The scar on my head is really itchy. I think it's the weather.

edit: There's more! My eczema is flaring up again.

I drank a Java Monster thinking it might give me some energy... noooooo, I want to go back to bed.

I'm a measly 200 points away from 50 bucks, but every survey I take I'm ineligible for :shake fist: Usually it doesn't bother me, but I really need that $50 right now! (I'm taking a break from them at the moment)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:59:27 AM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 28, 2021, 07:28:21 PM »
I was looking for a video on Youtube  but was having trouble finding it.  I tried every search term I could think of to get the video but I kept getting the same results in the search. Finally after almost an hour I hit the right terms and found the video I was looking for but by that time I had given myself a headache searching for it.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #529 on: October 29, 2021, 09:12:03 AM »
I placed an order for groceries to be delivered between 12-1pm. I was taking a nap in the recliner and checked my phone at 11:50, so I got up. I looked at my emails and it said they were delivered at 11:11. I had one frozen thing and several fridge items. No one knocked or rang the doorbell. I would have heard it. The reason I was napping in the recliner was to keep me out of a deep sleep.

So my groceries were out in the humid heat for almost an hour. Luckily, all the fridge stuff was packed together so it stayed cool. The frozen item was a lasagna. It was still mostly frozen, thankfully.

That's like the third time no one knocked or rang the bell.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 29, 2021, 09:14:33 AM »
I wish the rain would be noisy in the daytime, because I like to sleep at night and it's annoying.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 29, 2021, 10:50:13 AM »
Swapped a couple of shelves round today. That was a hassle!!! But so worth it!!! So what's the complaint??? The state of me afterwards. Tired, thirsty, sweaty, sore feet, sore knees, stiff legs.

It's official. I'm getting old
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 29, 2021, 06:04:22 PM »
Really feeling the love. Moms misplaced one of her Halloween costumes, and she blames me. Even though I never touched, let alone wore it. And then she demands to see my closet because I guess I must be hiding it? And then gets mad when my closet is a mess, and the wings on my bee costume are slightly bent. Because I’m just a stupid kid who can’t take care of her things, and she’s “so glad you treasure and baby that costume prop you made with your father”. Like no duh I treasure it! Dad was away for work most of my childhood! We didn’t do many of those fun things like building birdhouses and spending quality memories together. That was the first time in a long time we actually interacted and did something together! Of course I’m going to treasure and take better care of it than some mass produced costume you found at one of those Halloween stores!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 30, 2021, 11:25:42 AM »
I've really been missing the heating/ac noise at night.  White noise helps me sleep and usually it will come one during the night but lately it hasn't.  It's been harder for me to go back to sleep at night if I wake and there's no white noise.

I wanted to order something from Amazon but I wanted to figure out my budget first.  By the time I did that the item I wanted went in to very low stock and I'm a little wary or ordering something when there's less than 10 left just in case there's a problem with the item and I need to return it.  Then the item sold out the morning.  I'm hoping Amazon will get it back in stock soon.

Something happened at work yesterday that still has me down a little bit today. 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 31, 2021, 07:18:01 PM »
I'm going through my collection in order to downsize but now I'm wondering what to do with the ones I'm not keeping.  I feel like selling them is going to be more hassle than it's worth but I don't want to give them to the thrift shops because a) I don't want them to throw out half of them if there are "too many" and b) I don't want to be excited to find ponies in the wild when I'm the one that put them there!  Granted they're all G4 and G4.5 but still, it's been a while since I found any at the thrift store so it would still be fun, but knowing they used to be mine might make me sad.

If I decide to do a giveaway, where would I post it on the Arena?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #535 on: November 01, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »
If I decide to do a giveaway, where would I post it on the Arena?

If you're giving away ponies, the Corral :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 01, 2021, 10:44:19 AM »
The clocks have gone back.
I'm trying to tell my brain that they haven't, but they have, and my brain knows it.

Sigh.

At least when I lived in London, I could offset some of the effect because there was transport and I could get out and about at whatever time I chose, not what time the local bus services chose.

Even without lockdown, our buses stop at 5, so...yeah.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #537 on: November 01, 2021, 03:28:02 PM »
We don't turn the clocks back until the 7th. I had to look it up because I didn't know. It doesn't affect me much. It probably would if I had a job I had to go to or something. I tend to sleep when I'm tired, nighttime or not :P I like long winter nights though :)

That sucks about the buses though :( That seems REALLY early. Where I grew up we had a public bus and they stopped at 7, which I still thought was too early. Not everyone is a day person.

--

It's nice enough to open the windows. I guess that cold front came late. My complaint? This noisy freakin' neighborhood. My living room window faces the main street for coming and going out of here, so there's constant traffic. My bedroom window faces the parking lot. So there's traffic back there too but mostly what gets me are people slamming their car doors shut in the middle of the night.

There's a lot of people who blast their music or have those irritating huge exhausts that make that revving/buzzing sound that you can hear for miles (one just went by as I'm typing! god those cars are loud... why isn't that against the law? Disturbing the peace or something.) And then there are... the children. I'm not fond of children :pout: I'm less fond of their screaming, which is just a part of playtime, I guess, because these kids SCREAM. Like, you think they are being murdered. (I don't recall screaming while playing and I'm pretty sure if I did my mom would tell me to be quieter - outside or not.) It's not that they're hopped up on candy or anything, that's how they are all the time. It pierces my brain :dizzy:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 01, 2021, 04:34:50 PM »
I'm cold.  I had a long day at work and being cold makes it so much worse.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 01, 2021, 04:49:48 PM »
I know very little about a game called Roblox - apart from my kid loves to play it.

So, there was a server outage this weekend, meaning that she couldn't play it. Oh, the grumps we had! I took her out to a shopping mall to distract her (and me!) for a few hours... then at bedtime, Roblox was all she talked about.

I awoke her this morning for school - first thing she said was about Roblox again - I think she's obsessed!!  :dizzy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal