Pony Talk > Off Topic

The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!

<< < (2/309) > >>

SpacePinto:
I hate how the Internet is becoming less and less private these days, every website you want to register on requires you to provide them with your phone number, credit card info and scan of ID, I could understand with places where they need to know your real identity like when you order something from them to be shipped to your home address or something, but why the %^%$ does Twitter need to know my phone number? :enraged:

starrynights:
I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a external drive so I can play some windows-only games with my friend but Microsoft has made this extremely complicated for seemingly no reason.  :dumbpc:

LadyAmalthea:

--- Quote from: SpacePinto on May 29, 2021, 08:32:27 PM ---I hate how the Internet is becoming less and less private these days, every website you want to register on requires you to provide them with your phone number, credit card info and scan of ID, I could understand with places where they need to know your real identity like when you order something from them to be shipped to your home address or something, but why the %^%$ does Twitter need to know my phone number? :enraged:

--- End quote ---

It's not just the internet, although I definitely share your concern there. I've gotten it when I'm making a purchase in some stores. Why do they need my phone number, my zip code, or my email address to ring up my underwear purchase at Victoria's Secret? It's not my job to help them with their marketing. I'm downright rude when people ask me for this information.

My complaint today...I just feel old.

tailrustedtealeaf:
I have to take a test before work and I have to clean off my desk because it's a proctorio thing. I don't wannaa  :yikes:

SpacePinto:

--- Quote from: LadyAmalthea on May 30, 2021, 05:43:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: SpacePinto on May 29, 2021, 08:32:27 PM ---I hate how the Internet is becoming less and less private these days, every website you want to register on requires you to provide them with your phone number, credit card info and scan of ID, I could understand with places where they need to know your real identity like when you order something from them to be shipped to your home address or something, but why the %^%$ does Twitter need to know my phone number? :enraged:

--- End quote ---

It's not just the internet, although I definitely share your concern there. I've gotten it when I'm making a purchase in some stores. Why do they need my phone number, my zip code, or my email address to ring up my underwear purchase at Victoria's Secret? It's not my job to help them with their marketing. I'm downright rude when people ask me for this information.

--- End quote ---

They can really do that? That's pretty messed up. I never had any salesperson at a brick and mortar location ask me for any personal info, but maybe Victoria's Secret is different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version