collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75559 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 07:50:02 AM »
The issue with my mouse wheel is getting worse :mad: I'm trying to figure out how to take it apart, maybe there's cat hair or something stuck, but it doesn't look like it can be.

On the bottom of your mouse are little black pads that help it to run across the mousepad/desk.  Usually there are screws hiding under them.  Carefully peel them up to see.  They should be able to stick back on after you've taken it apart and put it back together.

Today's complaint: I, once again, had to do the work of our most useless co-worker because he couldn't be bothered to do it.  And when the librarian talked to him about it, he explained that he likes to check the carts first, even though the job he was supposed to be doing is the priority and should be done before anything else, which is how I got roped into doing it for him.  Again.  Fortunately the librarian called him out on it, telling him that she knows he doesn't even check on the job most days and that he needed to start doing it.  (But this is why we should hire people who are qualified, not people we feel bad for--sadly, true story with this guy.)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 01:58:52 PM »
The issue with my mouse wheel is getting worse :mad: I'm trying to figure out how to take it apart, maybe there's cat hair or something stuck, but it doesn't look like it can be.

On the bottom of your mouse are little black pads that help it to run across the mousepad/desk.  Usually there are screws hiding under them.  Carefully peel them up to see.  They should be able to stick back on after you've taken it apart and put it back together.

Hey! You're right, there are screws hiding under them. Awesome, thank you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 03:34:43 PM »
Finally got an update on my car.  The parts have been ordered but the dealership will not provide a rental car beause they don't consider it a mandatory recall even though it was "strongly suggested" to bring it in to see if it needed a part replaced.

My mom bought a bunch of puzzles and after working on one for quite a while and finally completing it we realized it was missing 7 pieces.  I was going to contact the company but on their missing pieces form they state they will not replace defective puzzles after 60 days since the purchase.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 12:41:46 AM »
Was in a charity shop - spied a bag of mixed plastic equine-shaped toys... label said "My Little Pony Toys"...

my heart jumped...

then saw that they were all modern fakies... doh!!  :nope:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »
I went to take my glasses off and they already were, so I ended up poking myself in the eye. I are smart.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2021, 07:43:32 PM »
it's been raining almost every day. and now a big storm is passing through and the power keeps blinking.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2021, 04:59:14 AM »
Jeez, the amount of pollen in the air today! I don't have any allergies and even I notice it today, everything on the balcony gets quickly covered in yellow dust and it's getting worse. It's a lovely warm day but I had to close all the windows because my throat feels dry and my eyes are sleepy... Thank goodness they're not itchy! I feel bad for everyone who's actually allergic. :( 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2021, 06:40:52 AM »
More rain in the forecast today.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2021, 07:56:28 AM »
We have a lot of pollen here right now too. It's almost pointless to wash my car because within hours of being home, it's coated in yellow dust. I made the mistake of leaving our stroller on our porch for a couple days, and then shoved it in the trunk without looking at it. When I pulled it out at the park, it was all full of it, and I only had one dry napkin in my car with which to attempt to wipe it off. We all had red, watery eyes by the time we were done walking the trail.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2021, 03:35:20 PM »
Jeez, the amount of pollen in the air today! I don't have any allergies and even I notice it today, everything on the balcony gets quickly covered in yellow dust and it's getting worse. It's a lovely warm day but I had to close all the windows because my throat feels dry and my eyes are sleepy... Thank goodness they're not itchy! I feel bad for everyone who's actually allergic. :(

Yep, pine pollen is just about everywhere! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  The black laundry I put on the string yesterday is now greenish and my white car is yellow!  :pout:
Luckily I’m not allergic either, but yes that’s very annoying still. Hope we get rain soon! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 03:49:34 PM »
We actually had a thunderstorm yesterday evening. It was nice. Today it started getting dark and windy... oh, there's some thunder! Maybe I'm too early.

I was going to complain that it only rained for 2 minutes, but sounds like there's more on the way.

Edit: It rained for 10 minutes, no more thunder :(
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:09:32 PM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 06:17:26 PM »
My kids are bottomless pits...they just want more and more and more food. Unless they are actually sitting down to eat a meal. I hate cooking, and I hate being in the kitchen, and I feel like I never leave it. I just want to do things that normal get to do, like watch TV and read. All those people who said I would get my life back after they started sleeping through the night....lied.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2021, 10:50:32 AM »
My kids are bottomless pits...they just want more and more and more food. Unless they are actually sitting down to eat a meal. I hate cooking, and I hate being in the kitchen, and I feel like I never leave it. I just want to do things that normal get to do, like watch TV and read. All those people who said I would get my life back after they started sleeping through the night....lied.

Welcome to my day, LOL!!

So I spent 2 hours making a curry from scratch, using up 3 bell peppers, onions etc... the aroma was fantastic, then I went to try it - ugh yuck, too many peppers, too bitter. Added coconut milk, a dash of salt & sugar - nope, that bitterness was staying.  Abandoned mission - what a waste.

But I then cheated with a Chinese curry paste & water to make a new sauce within a couple of minutes - my fussy kid actually LIKED it so all is good!!

UK folks who enjoy Chinese chip-shop curry sauce - go to ASDA or Tesco or Morrisons & buy a square tub of Goldfish-brand curry paste, it's the bees knees!! A little goes a long way, the tub lasts for ages as you add a heaped spoonful to water in a saucepan & it thickens up.

link to Goldfish curry product:

ETA: vegetarian, too!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 10:53:29 AM by glitterball »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2021, 02:51:05 PM »

Welcome to my day, LOL!!

So I spent 2 hours making a curry from scratch, using up 3 bell peppers, onions etc... the aroma was fantastic, then I went to try it - ugh yuck, too many peppers, too bitter. Added coconut milk, a dash of salt & sugar - nope, that bitterness was staying.  Abandoned mission - what a waste.

But I then cheated with a Chinese curry paste & water to make a new sauce within a couple of minutes - my fussy kid actually LIKED it so all is good!!

UK folks who enjoy Chinese chip-shop curry sauce - go to ASDA or Tesco or Morrisons & buy a square tub of Goldfish-brand curry paste, it's the bees knees!! A little goes a long way, the tub lasts for ages as you add a heaped spoonful to water in a saucepan & it thickens up.

link to Goldfish curry product:

ETA: vegetarian, too!

That curry sounds so good! Sorry the first batch was bitter. I wish my family would eat something like that...maybe I'll try it for a lunch sometime for me and my girls when my husband and son won't be around!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2021, 10:38:17 AM »
Pollen is really bad here. I dust and vacuum all of it up in the morning, and then by the afternoon it’s back. I’m fine with vacuuming, but I do not want to do it every single day. If the trees could finish their business or tone down the pollen, that would be great.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal