collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75496 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1200 on: May 12, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »
Thank you everyone! I think I’ll have someone follow me home for the next few nights just to be safe!

BC are you able to invest in blackout curtains at all? I know they can be a big investment just for an occasional annoyance but they have been a godsend for me. I also find sleep masks uncomfortable, but I also get bothered by any amount of light coming into my room. I got tired of layering up blankets over my window and finally went ahead and booth them. I feel like I sleep so much better with them now! I have mine pulled up extra close to the wall so no stray lights get in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 12, 2022, 04:39:32 PM »
Today complaint is my area  :shocked: Just starting have first heat wave this year and I not ready for it... Heat wave will 3 days before nice Thunderstorm which     usually May my area might may climb 70s but never 80s that usually July close hayimg season....My blood hasn't yet thin out...  I feel like melting. :hot:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 12, 2022, 05:48:39 PM »
Minty Magic!!! Big fat sharky snuggles!!! That sounds so scary xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 12, 2022, 06:16:04 PM »
I'm having a really bad day and 99% of it has been caused by my dad.  :wail:  He took the car in to have the windshield replaced because he thought the insurance company was taking to long.  He then got mad when he went by an hour after the appointment time and it didn't look the shop had started to work on the car yet even though he got a text earlier that said it was "in work."  He went in to talk to the guy working at the shop and he was on the phone and that made my dad madder.  After we had been home for a little while my mom said that the insurance company was wanting more pictures sent.  For some reason we can't send email from my mom's phone so I was going to ask if I could text the pictures to my dad's phone and then email them.  He came out in to the hallway yelling about something so I decided to just figure out how to do it without his phone.

I wasn't feeling well this morning when I got up anyway and all of this with my dad hasn't made my day any easier.  I know everyone gets mad sometimes I needed to post about this somewhere.

Also, I started a new medicine last week. One of the side effects is daytime grogginess.  It's gotten a little better each time I take the medicine but it still leaves me in a fog that doesn't lift until at least mid morning the next day. :(  I'm only supposed to take the new medicine as needed but I don't like how it takes so long for it to wear off. 

Ponyfan

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1204 on: May 13, 2022, 02:09:05 AM »
BC are you able to invest in blackout curtains at all? I know they can be a big investment just for an occasional annoyance but they have been a godsend for me. I also find sleep masks uncomfortable, but I also get bothered by any amount of light coming into my room. I got tired of layering up blankets over my window and finally went ahead and booth them. I feel like I sleep so much better with them now! I have mine pulled up extra close to the wall so no stray lights get in.

Yes, this is how I was a few years ago. I actually velcro'd the edges of the curtains to the wall so no light came through :lol: Then I got blackout window cling on top of that to keep the heat out. Everyone called my bedroom the dungeon.

I'm a morning person now... and I don't mind the daylight so much anymore. I have my blinds pulled up halfway in my living room and bedroom all the time. Of course, I pulled them all the way down when the ambulance was there but it didn't make much of a difference.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1205 on: May 14, 2022, 06:26:16 AM »
my parents again. so they finally moved into their new house so they're about 5 minutes away. which is good. but now getting them settled in has been tough. since covid they don't really get out at all. so they are just cooped up together all the time and they're really getting on each other's nerves. they don't really have any hobbies they can do outside the house. my mom pretty much refuses to do anything. she won't leave the house. she starts crying all the time. and then she's fine a few minutes later. which is unlike her. it's really unsettling.

i'm hoping today we can get them to spend a little time away from each other and i can get some of their stuff put away. they have so much stuff that they refuse to get rid of. and when i try to bring it up my mom starts to cry.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1206 on: May 14, 2022, 06:40:15 AM »
Aw, your mom sounds like she's having a hard time :( I hope as she settles she feels better.

My complaint is this graphic that showed up a few days ago.

I'm not used to it yet and it's distracting and annoying. I think it changes everyday, yesterday it was flowers. If I hover over it it tells me what National day of whatever it is and gives "inspirational" quotes and little facts. Personally, I don't care. If I want to know that stuff I'd find it myself.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 14, 2022, 08:44:56 AM »
yeah they've had a hard time with the covid isolation. though they would never admit it. also both of their cats died last year so now its just the 2 of them. they're not going to get more cats because my partner is allergic and frankly at this point a kitten is likely to outlive them. i would like them to get a smaller dog but my dad doesn't really like dogs so that's off the table. so they just focus on me. my mom is also getting really clingy and overprotective. i've lived on my own longer than i lived with them and i'm fine. whatever is making me not feel fine isn't really something they can help with. it really just causes more stress for me. if something does go wrong in my life she freaks out. which doesn't help.

i'm hoping if i can just get all of their stuff organized and put away they'll be ok. they keep pointing out stuff they had in their old house that they don't have in their new house (extra closets and built in shelving). i told my dad to get some ikea shelves for the books or i could take some books since i have some empty shelving. the ikea shelves have been really helpful is making extra space in our house. but my dad doesn't like ikea so whatever. my mom didn't want me to take any of the books. so no progress there. the house has plenty of space they just need to readjust. i also think we have some generation gap issues. but seriously why are there so many office supplies and old files? :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1208 on: May 16, 2022, 06:24:27 AM »
My computer has that graphic too. Today it's owls. I like owls, so I'm ok with it.

I'm really pretty angry right now, and unfortunately it's a situation that can't be resolved, or undone, so yeah.

I mentioned in the plant thread my very tall fuschia, who is now outside where it belongs. This morning we finally got to repotting it and cutting it back. The growth on the top of the plant was so pretty as it was that, when I took it off, I wanted to see if it would root because it would have been a shame to waste it.

I cut off the extra branches and put them all in the watering can for Dad to root.

Instead of just rooting them as instructed, though, he cut them all apart to make into 'proper cuttings', totally ignoring the fact that I wasn't trying to make proper cuttings, I was trying to preserve the pretty growth as it was, to see if we could. It's not a plant that it makes sense to take proper cuttings from, because it's not hardy. So literally the only reason I would try would be to preserve something specifically. And yes, I made that point very clearly many times beforehand. For the last couple of months, in fact. Even mother, who wasn't even out there, knew what I wanted to do. But apparently Dad didn't listen. He says he misunderstood, but I feel like if he had listened, he'd have understood, so same thing really.

So now the pretty that I wanted to be preserved has been completely destroyed and all the flowers from it are in the green bin instead. 

Plants are really important to me anyway, but the fuschia is one of the plants that spends a lot of time inside, so it's a particularly special one. It's one of the few plants that has an actual name because it comes in and out so much, so is 50% a house plant really.

Maybe this won't make sense to anyone else but I felt like I had to apologise to it for wasting all its effort growing so beautifully. I'm really upset about it, and knowing it can't be fixed doesn't make it better. My plants are essentially my pets, in particular the ones that I take care of inside for at least half the year, so this outcome hurt.

I genuinely cried.

It's a trait of autistic brains that we don't really have an 'oh well, never mind' point where we can shut off being upset and move on.

On the positive, the fuschia itself looks very pretty now in its new pot, and is probably much happier for losing the extra growth. I just really didn't want it to end up like this.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 06:26:15 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 16, 2022, 08:09:55 AM »
I had to drive my dad's car to work today because Friday, mine died while I was stopped at a red light.  Fortunately I was in the lane to turn right and the guy behind me was able to push my car into the gas station that was right there but the guy who pushed my car suspects it's my fuel pump that's gone out.  So nothing that I would have really had any warning about, nothing that had a warning light attached to it, and nothing that I can just buy the part and replace myself.  At least my insurance covered a tow truck so it's sitting at the service center waiting its turn to be looked at.  And the guy who is going to work on it called me on Saturday and said that they probably wouldn't get to it until Tuesday because he had no techs on Saturday and they overbooked for Monday.  It's fine, I'd had an appointment for it to be checked on Thursday anyway since I'm sure it's time for belts to be replaced as well, based on the mileage since the last time.  I guess it's better that my car pooped out before the appointment instead of them fixing everything else and then having it poop out with this random thing that isn't working.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 16, 2022, 11:31:48 AM »
I'm sorry that happened to you Taffeta.  :hug:  Just reading about it makes me sad.

My complaint today involves my dad. He is getting harder and harder to get along with and he gets upset when things don't go his way. That being said you can't confront him about it because it only makes it worse.  Today he said that he wanted some plastic water bottles at Target.  I have the Target app on my phone and thought I found the same ones in stock. My mom had gone inside and grabbed the water bottles but I it turned out that the ones I thought he was looking for weren't the same ones I found on the app.  When my mom showed him the water bottles we found he said "I don't want those! I'm sorry I ever brought it up!" My mom and I put the water bottles back and we left the store.  I don't want him to take something he doesn't want but I'm so tired of him throwing a fit every time he doesn't get his way. :( If I did that I'd be told to grow up and get over it but because he's supposed to be the head of the household he can get away with it. 

I get so tired of him taking the fun out of things.  :(  Because of the way he was acting it spoiled the rest of the Target trip and I didn't feel like looking for one of the things I was planning to look for.     

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1211 on: May 16, 2022, 12:27:04 PM »
Aw, Taff I'm sorry :hug:

Ponyfan, the stories about your dad make me so mad because he's just like my dad. When he picked me up yesterday to go to the house he ranted about 3 different things by the time we got there - it's only like 15 minutes away! He ranted about someone behind us that "came out of nowhere" then he ranted about a guy walking his dog, saying "he's out here from morning till night" then when we got to the house he accidentally ran over the grass parking the car. He had a fit and it's so dumb because why does he care so much? It's not even grass, it's weeds. It's not like the yard is really nice. It looks abandoned besides the plants my sister planted. And also my niece runs over the grass on the other side of the driveway and there's already tire marks. So whyyyyyyyyyyyyy does he care?!

When I was there last week, an A/C guy came out because my dad claims it's not working right. The guy told him there was nothing wrong with it and it was working fine and my dad told the guy to get out because there's OBVIOUSLY something wrong with the A/C and who is this schmuck trying to mess with his head. Then later he was trying to "fix it" himself.

Ever since his stroke he's been like this. No one talks about how strokes can change a person's personality. Both my parents changed. My mom got nicer and quieter and my dad is mean and upset all the time.

That is not what I wanted to complain about, but Ponyfan, I just want to shake your dad for you and tell him to stop being so difficult. You can shake my dad :P

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 16, 2022, 06:48:46 PM »
*hugs to all*  these are also signs of Alzheimer's and dementia ... if you want to even broach that subject with your family doctors...

I described my workplace as a pecan farm with a few squirrels loose in it... yeah... I don't know if I am a squirrel or a nut, but only time will tell! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 17, 2022, 07:10:06 AM »
They actually got my car done yesterday.  It was a sensor that went out that caused the problems.  It was a good thing because I also had 4 belts that needed to be replaced (apparently they were ALL cracked, which I'm not sure if it's normal for that to happen) but since they could have broken at any time, it was good that they got caught before.  My complaint about it is that I currently work in the building where they service the city's vehicles and because it was a personal car, I couldn't even have the guys here, where I work, look at it.  I know it's all rules and liability stuff but it was a bit ironic that I work in a car shop and had to take my car somewhere else to be fixed. 

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 17, 2022, 07:31:59 AM »
They actually got my car done yesterday.  It was a sensor that went out that caused the problems.  It was a good thing because I also had 4 belts that needed to be replaced (apparently they were ALL cracked, which I'm not sure if it's normal for that to happen) but since they could have broken at any time, it was good that they got caught before.  My complaint about it is that I currently work in the building where they service the city's vehicles and because it was a personal car, I couldn't even have the guys here, where I work, look at it.  I know it's all rules and liability stuff but it was a bit ironic that I work in a car shop and had to take my car somewhere else to be fixed. 

I'm glad you got your car fixed :)

my complaint today is just that i'm tired. also i need to put some office furniture together and i don't feel like doing it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal