collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favorite collector pony  (Read 4364 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite collector pony
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 10:58:02 AM »
Probably Bluebelle.

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
I like cotton candy because she was kind of the first idea of what ponies would look like. I think all ponies or collector ponies would have been colorful appaloosa’s. Also probably another reason why I like her because I love pink.

Post Merge: May 27, 2021, 11:06:54 AM

Probably Bluebelle.
for some reason I kind of don’t like her symbol.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 11:08:41 AM by ponyprincess2021 »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2021, 11:12:56 AM »
Yeah, Blossom and Blue Belle are pretty samey and I always forget about them compared to Minty, Butterscotch, Cotton Candy, and Snuzzle.

But they're better than all of the birthflower ponies combined at least, if we want to talk about collector POSE ponies.

I don't like the birthflower set. Its so dull. The alternates are better,  but that pose...  >_<
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 03:32:35 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »
Butterscotch, I always forget she exists. Peachy is my second least favorite. Blossom is my favorite, followed by Minty. I love Cotton Candy too!

I forgot about Peachy. I'll change my answer to her. Maybe because every time she shows up in a lot, she's always manky looking. I think because she was a playset pony they cut some corners on her...much like Majesty, she often shows up with thin/sparsely rooted hair.

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2021, 11:57:43 AM »
Peachy and snuzzle also look alike I don’t know why they have both almost have the same symbol.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2021, 02:10:35 PM »
Butterscotch, I always forget she exists. Peachy is my second least favorite. Blossom is my favorite, followed by Minty. I love Cotton Candy too!

I forgot about Peachy. I'll change my answer to her. Maybe because every time she shows up in a lot, she's always manky looking. I think because she was a playset pony they cut some corners on her...much like Majesty, she often shows up with thin/sparsely rooted hair.

Yes, I'm fairly certain I have an entire pile of nasty looking Peachys somewhere in my house. 🤣 She's so common and yet so often gross.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2021, 02:50:09 PM »
On reflection, I'm probably less 'meh' about Blossom and CC because they actually had relevance here in stories and thus 'were actual characters' as opposed to randoms in the factfile that I never saw in stores or knew anything about really till I was an adult. I think that feeds into my meh about the set overall, the pose has never thrilled me either, but I think it's mostly because they barely existed in early UK lore.

...People talking about Bluebelle and Blossom being samey made me realise it most. Blossom to me was a pony with a garden and flowers and stuff. And Bluebelle was just...in the factfile. So I don't think of them as the same because one mattered and one just wasn't there when I was a kid.

So I'm going to clarify my answer to "the other four" that weren't in the y2 set.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 03:02:06 PM »
Gasp! Cotton Candy is my favourite collector pony! *covers ears of CC army* Don't listen to them, CC, I still love you!

:silly: Okay but seriously, I'm not sure! I like all of the collector ponies, really... I guess if I absolutely HAD to pick, then Snuzzle's my least favourite, maybe? But only in comparison to the others, I don't dislike her or anything.

If we're counting all collector pose ponies, then the MO Birthflowers, definitely. I have no idea what on EARTH they were thinking with that set!!! The alternate versions are lovely, though.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2021, 04:18:26 PM »
Snuzzle. She just doesn't appeal to me.

If I had to pick a 2nd I'd say Cotton Candy only because she is my accidental army pony.  She seems to multiply when I'm not looking and suddenly I'm surrounded by Cotton Candys.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2021, 04:43:11 PM »
I like cotton candy because she was kind of the first idea of what ponies would look like. I think all ponies or collector ponies would have been colorful appaloosa’s. Also probably another reason why I like her because I love pink.

Post Merge: May 27, 2021, 11:06:54 AM

Probably Bluebelle.
for some reason I kind of don’t like her symbol.
My pick would be Bluebelle too.  There is nothing wrong her.  But, if I like one the least, she's the pony.

I also like Cotton Candy the most.  Pink isn't my favorite pony color, so I can't explain why other than 1980s subliminal marketing. She was everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 04:45:22 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2021, 04:49:09 PM »
Cotton Candy owes me $10.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2021, 07:39:26 PM »
Probably Blue Belle. Her colors are nice, but between her, Twilight, Starflower, and nirvanas like Re Unicorno, the star symbol is very overused, and I think it suits her the least.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2021, 08:18:06 PM »
Out of all the Ponies in that pose: Stockings. Her hair should have been red at the very LEAST, & I can't change it because my one is too nice.

Out of the six Collector Ponies... harder. Each has a good point & a not so good one. Butterscotch was my first & Blossom my second, as well as mother to my first Baby Pony. Cotton Candy's mischievous character in comics was great fun, but I'm not a fan of pink. Blue Belle is blue, but her name & symbol mean little. Snuzzle & Minty both have rarer colours (Snuzzle being the only grey Pony in G1), & if it were between those two I'd pick Snuzzle for her symbol as Minty's is better.

It would have to be a grudging Blue Belle for me. Note that's the least of a good bunch though.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2021, 09:42:35 PM »
The birth flower ponies are just extremely bad. I have no idea who though it was a good idea to give them all identical colors that are very basic and forgettable. I’d rather waste my money on a alternative birth flower pony because at least their colors look extremely better than the mail orders.

I have to agree with ponyprincess2021. The birth flower ponies just seem very repetitive. I never had any of them as a kid and I honestly don't even remember wanting them (verses other mail order ponies). As an adult I have picked up two of them fairly cheaply (Lily of the Valley & Poppy) but I'm not sure I want to get all of them because they just are not impressive. The alternate ones are much more appealing.

I never owned any of the original 6 or Peachy as a child (I had the mail order Pretty Parlor version that came without her). So as an adult it was nice to be able to get them from the Basic Fun retro releases. That probably makes me one of the few people who were excited to get a Peachy.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 10:06:30 PM »
I never owned any of the original 6 or Peachy as a child (I had the mail order Pretty Parlor version that came without her). So as an adult it was nice to be able to get them from the Basic Fun retro releases. That probably makes me one of the few people who were excited to get a Peachy.

Peachy was my very first G1 pony that was given to me by someone. She's decently special to me. :) Her Basic Fun release is so pretty! I like her darker colour.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal