collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did Basic Fun Just Confirm TEs for August 2021?  (Read 7244 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Did Basic Fun Just Confirm TEs for August 2021?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2021, 04:44:30 PM »
I thought Cracker Barrel was a mid western themed sit down restaurant??

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2021, 04:58:42 PM »
I thought Cracker Barrel was a mid western themed sit down restaurant??

It is, but they have a fairly large lobby area that is also a gift shop with candy, toys, shirts, candles, things like that. 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2021, 05:13:47 PM »
Their old-timey sodas are awesome.  My favorite is the Swamp Pop.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:29:11 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2021, 05:21:29 PM »
I'm so sad because we don't have Cracker Barrels or the other place (Meijer??) around these parts  :sad: I'm desperately crossing my fingers I'll be able to find them online for reasonable prices. The twinkle eyes are my absolute favorite line of G1 ponies and I'm not about to give up on owning them without a fight!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2021, 08:44:11 PM »
me too!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2021, 11:58:13 AM »
so in the past were people able to get these from targets online store? or only in person?

Up until the most recent wave (Lickety-Split) I was able to buy all the other retro releases in person at Target. Sometimes it would take a few weeks/months before the most current wave would show up and sometimes visiting multiple Targets. We shop at Target fairly often, so it was more of a looking while shopping verses extra trips (although that was done occasionally too). We live close enough to a few Targets (within about 15-20min).

The Lickety-Split wave I had to buy online. I really hope the next wave gets picked up by a big box store, but it doesn't look that way. Unfortunately that means any future waves I am going to have to buy online since the other stores (Cracker Barrel, Mejer, etc.) are not really available in California.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2021, 01:57:28 PM »
so in the past were people able to get these from targets online store? or only in person?

Up until the most recent wave (Lickety-Split) I was able to buy all the other retro releases in person at Target. Sometimes it would take a few weeks/months before the most current wave would show up and sometimes visiting multiple Targets. We shop at Target fairly often, so it was more of a looking while shopping verses extra trips (although that was done occasionally too). We live close enough to a few Targets (within about 15-20min).

The Lickety-Split wave I had to buy online. I really hope the next wave gets picked up by a big box store, but it doesn't look that way. Unfortunately that means any future waves I am going to have to buy online since the other stores (Cracker Barrel, Mejer, etc.) are not really available in California.

We have Crackerbarrel in California. But not Meijer.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2021, 01:12:33 PM »

There are a few Cracker Barrel restaurants in the state of California, 6 of them to be exact. However that doesn't make them convenient for pony shopping depending on where you live. For me, the closest Cracker Barrel would be a 11/2 - 2 hour drive. Which basically means any future waves I will have to buy online. Paper Source might be an option, but that still is a 30-45min drive for in-person shopping and as others have stated/also stated on their website, product selection is random.

The hope though is more online retailers pick them up, as this would create a broader range of distribution rather than relying on one or two specific stores to handle all the sales. What would make the  most sense though is if Basic Fun made better use of their Amazon store. If you look on Amazon, Basic Fun does have a presence there, however at least in regards to MLP, the items available are what is left from the first few waves (and at a steep price increase). If the new waves were made available for sale there, even if they were in whole sets (a box of x amount), this would still broaden the opportunity for sales and distribution.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2021, 01:31:30 PM »

There are a few Cracker Barrel restaurants in the state of California, 6 of them to be exact. However that doesn't make them convenient for pony shopping depending on where you live. For me, the closest Cracker Barrel would be a 11/2 - 2 hour drive. Which basically means any future waves I will have to buy online. Paper Source might be an option, but that still is a 30-45min drive for in-person shopping and as others have stated/also stated on their website, product selection is random.

The hope though is more online retailers pick them up, as this would create a broader range of distribution rather than relying on one or two specific stores to handle all the sales. What would make the  most sense though is if Basic Fun made better use of their Amazon store. If you look on Amazon, Basic Fun does have a presence there, however at least in regards to MLP, the items available are what is left from the first few waves (and at a steep price increase). If the new waves were made available for sale there, even if they were in whole sets (a box of x amount), this would still broaden the opportunity for sales and distribution.

I didn't say it was automatically convenient.  I simply pointed out that we do have them.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2021, 09:45:56 PM »
Is Cracker Barrel not a restaurant...? I am so very confused as to why THEY would get BF ponies of all places. I would think GameStop or Hot Topic might be better options since they have the collector crew funko pops.

Also, interesting choice to have Sky Rocket in what I believe to be Galaxy's place. She's one of my absolute faves, both in the cartoon and her aesthetic so sorta sad to hear/read she will be excluded :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2021, 06:44:25 AM »
Is Cracker Barrel not a restaurant...? I am so very confused as to why THEY would get BF ponies of all places. I would think GameStop or Hot Topic might be better options since they have the collector crew funko pops.

It is a restaurant, but the front half/lobby is a store that sells trinkets and novelty merchandise! I haven't been to CB in a while but Retro MLP would definitely fit the whole vibe of what they sell in the shop portion of the restaurant.

I'm assuming Hot Topic and Gamestop just didn't pick them up, much like walmart/target; companies don't typically pick which retailers will carry their products, rather they depend on the individual retailer to decide if they want to stock their products.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2021, 03:25:16 PM »
It is a restaurant, but the front half/lobby is a store that sells trinkets and novelty merchandise! I haven't been to CB in a while but Retro MLP would definitely fit the whole vibe of what they sell in the shop portion of the restaurant.
Their old-timey sodas are awesome.  My favorite is the Swamp Pop.

Wow. Now I really have to visit this place! Too bad I don't know when I'll be in the Twin Cities next. /crylaughingemoji
Bucket list material I suppose.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2021, 05:59:43 AM »

Also, interesting choice to have Sky Rocket in what I believe to be Galaxy's place. She's one of my absolute faves, both in the cartoon and her aesthetic so sorta sad to hear/read she will be excluded :(

Yeah, Cracker Barrel has some cool stuff! Kinda fun to browse through if you're eating there on a weekend morning and you're stuck having to wait for a table. I haven't been to one in at least a decade, but my mom shops there all the time to buy children's clothing, of all weird, random things!

I'm surprised they didn't do Galaxy too, not so much because of her popularity vs Sky Rocket's, but from a mold/pose standpoint, I would think they would have wanted to utilize the Fizzy pose-mold more than once. It's odd that in a set of 4, they are using the Gingerbread pose 3 times and Fizzy's only once. In a way, it's hopeful...perhaps they anticipate doing another wave in the future to use the mold again.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2021, 11:37:11 AM »
I've seen a few Basic Fun ponies at Cracker Barrel.  They sell a lot of nostalgic/retro toys in the  gift shop/lobby.  I've also seen World's Smallest and BF Strawberry Shortcake there.   

My Cracker Barrell had a few ponies from Gusty's set last week.  They charge a little more than Target.  When I bought a few ponies there I think they were $12.99 each instead of $9.99

I can't wait to see the twinkle eyes. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2021, 12:56:28 PM »
I posted this in the Out Now and Coming Soon thread but might as well leave it here too!

Amazon DE listing for Basic Fun Sky Rocket from the upcoming TE set! The description is quite interesting in that it mentions glitter cutie marks but no jewel eyes...odd. The color description is also off as well?

I'm guessing this is a to-be-edited placeholder description or something.

-My Little Pony classic toy: with 4 original rainbow ponies to collect - Sky Rocket, Fizzy, Sweet Stuff and Gingerbread. My Little Pony brings retro fun in 2021 with these fun toy horses for kids

-Sky Rocket Pony: With a purple and pink glittery cute marker, green body, and lush red and blue rainbow mane, Sky Rocket is perhaps one of the most famous horse toys around

-RPG Fun: This classic toy horse comes with a comb and ribbon so it can be groomed, groomed and played just like it was years ago

-Collectible Toys: Authentic reproductions of the original 1980s toy ponies, each toy in the Classic Rainbow collection comes in classic retro packaging and with their own glittery candy

-From 3 years: The perfect Christmas and birthday present for girls and boys, small children will love to play with their own My Little Pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal