collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did Basic Fun Just Confirm TEs for August 2021?  (Read 7150 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Did Basic Fun Just Confirm TEs for August 2021?
« on: May 27, 2021, 12:40:05 AM »
Maybe someone here is a better Tumblr detective than I am but this is SUPERIOR news if it is actual recent news / communication.
I am obviously reblogging this, but I cannot seem to sniff out the date the original poster posted it to tumblr or got communicated to by BF. The timing super-matters because if they got told at like Nov/Dec 2020....it's rubbish news because we all know what happened at Target where they took down the shelf prices/got rid of their place to host the BF ponies. It would invalidate it.
BUT if this person got told/communicated like.........now....or AFTER Target did the thing, then that means ponies really are coming back in August because it is new news from the official source of it.

https://ahorseofeverycolor.tumblr.com/post/652320291785211904/heckyeahponyscans-thanks-to-rodneytheponydude

I am cautiously excited...

Offline fuzzysherbet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Did Basic Fun Just Confirm TEs for August 2021?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 01:05:08 AM »
Ooh, hopefully!! Would love to get more basic funs, but it's such a pain tracking them down. Hopefully, a new set would make things easier! Particularly keen on the prospect of a basic fun Gingerbread or Sweet Stuff... but yeah, timing definitely matters there. Hopefully it's still planned to happen!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 07:34:15 AM »
They said they would, but I won't hold my breath. I will also be VERY upset if stupid retailers interfere, like they did with the flutter set.

They chose Sweet Stuff, Fizzy, Gingerbread and Sky Rocket. No pegasus.

There has been discussions in the 35th Anniversary thread. The second one specifically.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:43:20 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 07:57:26 AM »
Yes, Basic Fun did confirm this! US Retailers who will be carrying this line are Cracker Barrel and Meijer, along with unspecified small retailers (and presumably Paper Source since they got the Posey wave). No larger US retailers have picked up the line, but BF did say they still might release more ponies in the future as well.

I made a comment about this in one of the 35th anniversary threads; I contacted BF about a defective pony and took the chance to ask about any upcoming releases, and they confirmed the Twinkle Eye set is still confirmed for release- this was in April, but toy production takes a fair bit of time so I would assume that they already would have started production by then.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 08:01:17 AM by serena-hime »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 08:02:18 AM »
Yes, Basic Fun did confirm this! US Retailers who will be carrying this line are Cracker Barrel and Meijer, along with unspecified small retailers (and presumably Paper Source since they got the Posey wave). No larger US retailers have picked up the line, but BF did say they still might release more ponies in the future as well.

I made a comment about this in one of the 35th anniversary threads; I contacted BF about a defective pony and took the chance to ask about any upcoming releases, and they confirmed the Twinkle Eye set is still confirmed for release- this was in April, but toy production takes a fair bit of time so I would assume that they already would have started production by then.

*sigh* Will Amazon at least carry them? My crackerbarrel isn't doing indoor dining. Only outdoor.

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 08:11:14 AM »

*sigh* Will Amazon at least carry them? My crackerbarrel isn't doing indoor dining. Only outdoor.
I'm not sure- I know the Posey Wave is technically on Amazon, but only from third parties. I actually don't remember the Gusty Wave being sold directly from Amazon either :/

I managed to get both the Posey and Gusty waves from smaller online retailers at retail price, though, so I'm sure that will also be an option with this wave. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 08:15:20 AM »

I'm not sure- I know the Posey Wave is technically on Amazon, but only from third parties. I actually don't remember the Gusty Wave being sold directly from Amazon either :/

I managed to get both the Posey and Gusty waves from smaller online retailers at retail price, though, so I'm sure that will also be an option with this wave.

:(

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »
It's a shame that they won't be stocking anywhere else for the time being. I've missed out on the Posey wave and I don't live very close to a Cracker Barrel or Meijer. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 10:25:09 AM »
It's a shame that they won't be stocking anywhere else for the time being. I've missed out on the Posey wave and I don't live very close to a Cracker Barrel or Meijer. :(

You can try Paper Source! I found out they had the Posey wave when I ordered six ponies, thinking I would get Unicorns/Pegasus Series 2 (The listing photo is of that wave, and CS told me they would send the full case if I ordered six and contacted CS with my order number to request a full set) only to get the full Posey set along with an extra Posey and Cherries Jubilee lol.

Super annoying, but I'm thinking if you order 4 and ask CS to send the full set, they will mail the entire Posey wave. This only works if you order the full set, however, because they don't let you pick otherwise.

This site also still has everyone in stock, with the exception of CJ!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 10:28:20 AM »
I may have to try that out, thank you! :)
If only BF would just sell stuff on Amazon themselves.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 10:48:18 AM »
Amazon UK seems to have had both the previous sets (on and of, right now they have Surprise, CJ, and a couple of others, but never all eight at once) so I'm hopeful to find them there in the autumn/winter whenever they reach the UK. But I still am sad we got no Powder, and there will be no Masquerade :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 11:03:30 AM »
Amazon UK seems to have had both the previous sets (on and of, right now they have Surprise, CJ, and a couple of others, but never all eight at once) so I'm hopeful to find them there in the autumn/winter whenever they reach the UK. But I still am sad we got no Powder, and there will be no Masquerade :(

Absolutely, I would have bought these two ponies in a heartbeat as I've never owned them and I would have loved to own brand new versions of them (especially Powder, as I can't seem to find one in excellent condition). I won't buy Gingerbread and Sweetie as I still have my childhood ones.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2021, 07:24:26 AM »
I'm really hoping for these come out!! I'm collecting TEs right now and I don't have any of the four on the list!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 09:34:15 AM »
YAYYYYY!!!!!!!  So stoked for TEs!!!!

and August is my bday! happy bday to me!!!

Offline Rodneytheponydude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Im the most rootin tootin cowboy in the wild west!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »
Hi just to confirm i was sent the email from customer service on May 18th! Very excited for the future releases :biggrin: ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal