collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My First G1 Plush!  (Read 2232 times)

Offline PrincessKittyDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • All Ponies are Best Pony!
    • View Profile
My First G1 Plush!
« on: May 24, 2021, 09:18:41 AM »
She's got quiet the story! Back in March/April-ish, my boyfriend and I were looking for a used bookstore in our area! I found one on google not to far that we hadn't been to. I look at the photos on the page and I see a bin of plushes and there she is sitting right on top! But then I realize the photo was from years ago. I figure she's probably not there any longer but maybe they'll have other vintage toys so its worth a shot. Unfortunately the bookstore was appointment only because of COVID so we don't end up going and kinda forget about it

Fast Forward to this Saturday, my boyfriend, his sister and I are in the area and notice the door to the bookstore open. We decide to go in, and then I see a little bucket with some plushes in it. At first there was nothing but then I see purple

SHE WAS STILL THERE!!! After all this time!!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I styled her recently and it's a little damaged but I've seen worse. Both of her eyes are scratched and I'm thinking about trying to repair them but I don't know much about it and I don't wanna mess it up haha if you have any tips let me know!

:heart: Instagram is princesskittyowo! :heart:

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: My First G1 Plush!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »
Wow that's amazing that she was still there!  It was like she was meant to come home with you.  :lovey:    Some of my plushies also have scuffed eyes but I have never attempted to touch them up.  I know others have re-painted them so maybe someone else will have good advice.   :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 02:11:32 PM »
Wow that's amazing that she was still there!  It was like she was meant to come home with you.  :lovey:    Some of my plushies also have scuffed eyes but I have never attempted to touch them up.  I know others have re-painted them so maybe someone else will have good advice.   :)

I'm glad I was able to give her a good home! I'm still not sure if I even want to attempt it because I don't want to accidently mess it up haha but I guess I'll just have to see! I love your avatar btw!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 02:21:00 PM »
Congrats on being so lucky!!! My only G1 plushie find was a Starshine wi cropped hair. I bought her because I liked plushie pegasi & unicorns & she was a pegasus... She now has a load of friends. Her eyes were scuffed too, but a little black paint works wonders!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »
Congrats on being so lucky!!! My only G1 plushie find was a Starshine wi cropped hair. I bought her because I liked plushie pegasi & unicorns & she was a pegasus... She now has a load of friends. Her eyes were scuffed too, but a little black paint works wonders!!!

The G1 plushes must have fragile paint because I see a lot of them online with scuffed eyes! it has to be very common!

Thank you!! I bet your Starshine is lovely! I've always liked her colors ovo

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 08:47:01 PM »
Congrats! She has a very cheeky face. :)

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 08:32:13 AM »
Congrats! She has a very cheeky face. :)

Thank you!!!! I love how the G1 faces look they're very horse like in the best way possible :silly:

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 06:13:55 AM »
That's awesome that she was still there,  those kind of finds are total wins and I could only imagine how stoked you felt when you saw her... kind of like a 'ohmygoodnessIcantbelieveitshe'sactuallyheregimmegimmemine' type of internal squee  :lol:
I love G1 softies, congrats!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »
That's awesome that she was still there,  those kind of finds are total wins and I could only imagine how stoked you felt when you saw her... kind of like a 'ohmygoodnessIcantbelieveitshe'sactuallyheregimmegimmemine' type of internal squee  :lol:
I love G1 softies, congrats!

Yeah exactly!!!! My boyfriend loves to poke fun at my pony reactions because I tend to get super excited and when I get super excited I get shaky (adrenaline sensitive maybe? :silly:) He couldn't believe she was still there either. I was definitely bragging the rest of the day!!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 04:36:22 PM »
Lovely girl... And how amazing that she was still there after all that time!  Her plush is still so bright  ^.^

I've touched up nonpony plush eyes with a little black acrylic model paint.  You could tell they had been touched up if you looked really closely, but from a normal viewing distance they looked great.  Just make sure not to leave any brush strokes.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal