Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Using acetone

(1/5) > >>

applejackbunny:
I just went through my G1 collection to inspect each pony for rogue marks that could be gently removed by using acetone on a cotton bud. These were most often just random specks of paint for which acetone works perfectly, and I've used it before and heard on here many times that others have used it successfully (being careful, of course, to avoid any painted areas on the pony such as the eyes and symbol). I've literally never had any issues with it at all.

However, there were three ponies today that did NOT respond well to the acetone  :huh: These were Sweet Pocket, her UK counterpart Singing Pocket and Snowdrop (the German Flower pony). In each case there were a couple of dirty marks or a fleck of paint where I went straight in with the acetone cotton bud to remove (having previously treated dozens of other ponies similarly), when, to my horror, their actual body colour came off as well!  :shocked: I could instantly see the purple and yellow of the dye on the cotton bud, and on the pony there was left behind a small pale spot that had been stripped of its dye  :yikes:

Now, I realise there are many seasoned pony ppl on here who may be throwing up their arms in horror at what I've done (tbh the damage isn't bad - you'd have to be really scrutinising the pony in pure daylight to see it - I caught it immediately and stopped), but I genuinely didn't know the dye/colour (or whatever) could come off a pony's body in that way! And I've literally never heard anything like that being discussed on here...

I thought I'd better tell everyone what happened in case anyone else is planning to use acetone on these particular ponies. My advice is please DON'T!

I had to make myself a nice cup of tea and watch an episode of Line Of Duty in order to get over it  :lol: UK folks will understand.

gabumon:
ah. sorry to hear.  I think we’ve all had those “whoops” moments. (like when I cut off Quarterbacks mane instead of trying to detangle)

thanks for sharing

applejackbunny:
Yeah, I just wanted to alert ppl to the fact that acetone can be damaging to certain ponies. I was unaware of that fact. I'd love to know if anyone else has ever had that happen to them (specifically with the acetone)...

Sorry about your Q'back Gabumon  :(

HollowZero:
This is interesting. We're these ponies from later in the line?

applejackbunny:

--- Quote from: HollowZero on May 16, 2021, 09:17:12 AM ---This is interesting. We're these ponies from later in the line?

--- End quote ---

I believe so, yes. Do you have a theory?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version