collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Princess Taffeta head body mismatch  (Read 774 times)

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
G1 Princess Taffeta head body mismatch
« on: May 12, 2021, 11:41:20 AM »
Hi! I recently acquired an absolutely lovely princess taffeta , aside from..a head body mismatch :( her head is the perfect blue it should be and her body is a more greenish blue.. like the blue has yellowed? Is there any safe fix for this? I’m crushed!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 01:25:26 PM by blondee1982 »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Princess Taffeta head body mismatch
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »
I am currently successfully sunfading a Bowtie that has a greenish/yellowish cast back to bright blue, but I don't have Princess Taffeta to know if she is that same blue or not. I'd hate to tell you to go ahead and try it, and it have disastrous results, so maybe someone else can give a more definitive answer. Maybe you could cover her up except the bottom of one hoof to try to see what happens?

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 05:56:46 PM »
Oh that is great! Thank you!! I think they are pretty close in color. Did you put anything chemical on her or just put her in the window? I only wash them and style the hair, I have never restored them so I don’t really know what I’m doing l :lol:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 09:26:35 PM »
I've had great results sunfading blue ponies too. I have to mention though, the yellow colour comes back after a year or two and any exposure to UV light is harmful to plastics.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 11:02:59 AM »
Oh that is great! Thank you!! I think they are pretty close in color. Did you put anything chemical on her or just put her in the window? I only wash them and style the hair, I have never restored them so I don’t really know what I’m doing l :lol:

Nope! I just gave her a basic scrub-down and put her in the window. You may want to cover her symbol with tin foil or something...not sure if the 3D princess symbol could be affected or not, but better safe than sorry! And definitely cover her hair; if there is any pink left in it at all it will fade to white. In your case, since you only want to fade the body, you'd want to wrap her head up altogether, or just remove it if her neck seal is already broken.

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 11:18:40 AM »
I've had great results sunfading blue ponies too. I have to mention though, the yellow colour comes back after a year or two and any exposure to UV light is harmful to plastics.

I have heard that! I thought it would be worth a try but I would hate to harm her in any way so I’m torn. I wonder why she only yellowed on the body. Different plastic maybe?

Post Merge: May 13, 2021, 11:23:01 AM

Thank you!! I’m really on the fence but think I will test a foot and see!

Nope! I just gave her a basic scrub-down and put her in the window. You may want to cover her symbol with tin foil or something...not sure if the 3D princess symbol could be affected or not, but better safe than sorry! And definitely cover her hair; if there is any pink left in it at all it will fade to white. In your case, since you only want to fade the body, you'd want to wrap her head up altogether, or just remove it if her neck seal is already broken.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:23:01 AM by blondee1982 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal